PDA

View Full Version : God is only one proved by Hindu holy books

myislam1
30 January 2008, 08:02 AM
Common Concept of God in Hinduism:
some Hindus believe in the existence of three gods, some believe in thousands of gods, and some others in thirty three crore i.e. 330 million Gods. However, learned Hindus, who are well versed in their scriptures, insist that a Hindu should believe in and worship only one God
Thus the major difference between the Hindu and the Muslim beliefs is the difference of the apostrophe ‘s’. The Hindu says everything is God. The Muslim says everything is God’s.
Concept of God according to Hindu Scriptures:
We can gain a better understanding of the concept of God in Hinduism by analysing Hindu scriptures.
BHAGAVAD GITA
The most popular amongst all the Hindu scriptures is the Bhagavad Gita.
Consider the following verse from the Gita:
"Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures."
[Bhagavad Gita 7:20]
The Gita states that people who are materialistic worship demigods i.e. ‘gods’ besides the True God
UPANISHADS:
The Upanishads are considered sacred scriptures by the Hindus.
The following verses from the Upanishads refer to the Concept of God:
"Ekam evadvitiyam"
"He is One only without a second."
[Chandogya Upanishad 6:2:1]1
"Na casya kascij janita na cadhipah."
"Of Him there are neither parents nor lord."
[Svetasvatara Upanishad 6:9]2
"Na tasya pratima asti"
"There is no likeness of Him."
[Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:19]3
The following verses from the Upanishad allude to the inability of man to imagine God in a particular form:
"Na samdrse tisthati rupam asya, na caksusa pasyati kas canainam."
"His form is not to be seen; no one sees Him with the eye."
[Svetasvatara Upanishad 4:20]4
1[The Principal Upanishad by S. Radhakrishnan page 447 and 448]
[Sacred Books of the East, volume 1 ‘The Upanishads part I’ page 93]
2[The Principal Upanishad by S. Radhakrishnan page 745]
[Sacred Books of the East, volume 15, ‘The Upanishads part II’ page 263.]
3[The Principal Upanishad by S. Radhakrishnan page 736 & 737]
[Sacred Books of the East, volume 15, ‘The Upanishads part II’ page no 253]
4[The Principal Upanishad by S. Radhakrishnan page 737]
[Sacred Books of the East, volume 15, ‘The Upanishads part II’ page no 253]
We proved from the below verses of Hindu scriptures that the God is one and mohmmad saw is his Prophet
THE VEDAS
Vedas are considered the most sacred of all the Hindu scriptures. There are four principal Vedas: Rigveda, Yajurveda, Samveda and Atharvaveda.
Yajurveda
The following verses from the Yajurveda echo a similar concept of God:
"na tasya pratima asti
"There is no image of Him."
[Yajurveda 32:3]5
"shudhama poapvidham"
"He is bodyless and pure."
[Yajurveda 40:8]6
"Andhatama pravishanti ye asambhuti mupaste"
"They enter darkness, those who worship the natural elements" (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). "They sink deeper in darkness, those who worship sambhuti."
[Yajurveda 40:9]7
Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.
The Yajurveda contains the following prayer:
"Lead us to the good path and remove the sin that makes us stray and wander."
[Yajurveda 40:16]8
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5[Yajurveda by Devi Chand M.A. page 377]
6[Yajurveda Samhita by Ralph T. H. Giffith page 538]
7[Yajurveda Samhita by Ralph T. H. Giffith page 538]
8[Yajurveda Samhita by Ralph T. H. Griffith page 541]
Atharvaveda
The Atharvaveda praises God in Book 20, hymn 58 and verse 3:
"Dev maha osi"
"God is verily great"
[Atharvaveda 20:58:3]9
Rigveda
The oldest of all the vedas is Rigveda. It is also the one considered most sacred by the Hindus. The Rigveda states in Book 1, hymn 164 and verse 46:
"Sages (learned Priests) call one God by many names."
[Rigveda 1:164:46]
The Rigveda gives several different attributes to Almighty God. Many of these are mentioned in Rigveda Book 2 hymn 1.
Among the various attributes of God, one of the beautiful attributes mentioned in the Rigveda Book II hymn 1 verse 3, is Brahma. Brahma means ‘The Creator’. Translated into Arabic it means Khaaliq. Muslims can have no objection if Almighty God is referred to as Khaaliq or ‘Creator’ or Brahma. However if it is said that Brahma is Almighty God who has four heads with each head having a crown, Muslims take strong exception to it.
Describing Almighty God in anthropomorphic terms also goes against the following verse of Yajurveda:
"Na tasya Pratima asti"
"There is no image of Him."
[Yajurveda 32:3]
Another beautiful attribute of God mentioned in the Rigveda Book II hymn 1 verse 3 is Vishnu. Vishnu means ‘The Sustainer’. Translated into Arabic it means Rabb. Again, Muslims can have no objection if Almighty God is referred to as Rabb or 'Sustainer' or Vishnu. But the popular image of
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9[Atharveda Samhita vol 2 William Dwight Whitney page 910]
Vishnu among Hindus, is that of a God who has four arms, with one of the right arms holding the Chakra, i.e. a discus and one of the left arms holding a ‘conch shell’, or riding a bird or reclining on a snake couch. Muslims can never accept any image of God. As mentioned earlier this also goes against Svetasvatara Upanishad Chapter 4 verse 19.
"Na tasya pratima asti"
"There is no likeness of Him"
The following verse from the Rigveda Book 8, hymn 1, verse 1 refer to the Unity and Glory of the Supreme Being:
"Ma cid anyad vi sansata sakhayo ma rishanyata"
"O friends, do not worship anybody but Him, the Divine One. Praise Him alone."
[Rigveda 8:1:1]10
"Devasya samituk parishtutih"
"Verily, great is the glory of the Divine Creator."
[Rigveda 5:1:81]11
Brahma Sutra of Hinduism:
The Brahma Sutra of Hinduism is:
"Ekam Brahm, dvitiya naste neh na naste kinchan"
"There is only one God, not the second; not at all, not at all, not in the least bit."
Thus only a dispassionate study of the Hindu scriptures can help one understand the concept of God in Hinduism.
0[Rigveda Samhita vol. 9, pages 2810 and 2811 by Swami Satya Prakash Sarasvati and Satyakam Vidyalankar]
11[Rigveda Samhita vol. 6, pages 1802 and 1803 by Swami Satya Prakash Saraswati and Satyakam Vidyalankar]
as from the sun." The Prophecy confirms:
The name of the Prophet as Ahmed since Ahmed is an Arabic name. Many translators misunderstood it to be ‘Ahm at hi’ and translated the mantra as "I alone have acquired the real wisdom of my father".
Prophet was given eternal law, i.e. the Shariah.
The Rishi was enlightened by the Shariah of Prophet Muhammad. The Qur’an says in Surah Saba Chapter 34 verse 28 (34:28):
"We have not sent thee but as a universal (Messenger) to men, giving them glad tidings and warning them (against sin), but most men understand not."

Nuno Matos
30 January 2008, 08:33 AM
Namaste myislam1,

Good can never be proven as is a question of faith. And to have faith is to doubt.
The holly Books only al laud to the nature of is mystery. So they should be read with faith.

Om namah shivaya!

devotee
30 January 2008, 08:42 AM
My dear myislam1,

I am not able to make out whether you are a Hindu or a Muslim though your public profile says, "Sanatan Dharma".

The quotes from Vedas & Vedanta quoted by you are ok but your interpretation needs correction. The ONE God as mentioned in Q'uran & that mentioned in Vedas/Vedanta are completely different & cannot be equated.

First of all, Vedanta's says, "The Brahman is One without a second". But my dear friend, it means that there is nothing but Brahman i.e. the Creation & the Creator are not two but just ONE ! This concept is very difficult to understand from Islamic point of view.

It appears that you have not been able to understand Hindu philosophy properly. All Hindus believe that there are various names & forms of God but God is only one. For a Hindu there is God in everything ... he bows before the formless Brahman & also the Brahman in form with equanimity ... he considers that there is God in the parents, the teacher, the river, the Tree, the animals etc. etc. ... there is nothing which is not the manifestation of God. That is why Vedanta declares, "Thou art That O' Svetketu !".

[Prophet was given eternal law, i.e. the Shariah.
The Rishi was enlightened by the Shariah of Prophet Muhammad. The Qur’an says in Surah Saba Chapter 34 verse 28 (34:28):
"We have not sent thee but as a universal (Messenger) to men, giving them glad tidings and warning them (against sin), but most men understand not." ]

Prophet Muhammad was born in 570 CE whereas the Rishis of Rig-Veda existed nearly 1500 BC. How do you claim that the Rishis were enlightened by Shariah (which is based on teachings of Q'uran) given by Prophet Muhammad ?

satay
30 January 2008, 08:54 AM
Hello Myislam1

Mullahs should rightfully accept the authority of the Vedas and take their constitutional position in the dharmic fold.

TatTvamAsi
30 January 2008, 12:25 PM
Hello Myislam1

Mullahs should rightfully accept the authority of the Vedas and take their constitutional position in the dharmic fold.

LOL. That will be the day when pigs fly. :rolleyes:

It seems to me that both Christians & Muslims are manifestations of Asuras.

yajvan
30 January 2008, 05:43 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Hello TTA,
can you give (us) the audit trail on this notion of Christians & Muslims back to asuras. It would be interesting to see the logic.

dhanyavadah

TatTvamAsi
30 January 2008, 09:40 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Hello TTA,
can you give (us) the audit trail on this notion of Christians & Muslims back to asuras. It would be interesting to see the logic.

dhanyavadah

Namaste Yajvan,

The reason I think Christians & Muslims are asuras is that their religions, both of them, are similar to virulent viruses. They wipe out the host entirely wherever they go; except Bharat of course! ;)

If you look at most of the civilizations, cultures, religions, elsewhere in the world, after the advent of Christianity and/or Islam, the native and usually much older cultures were completely eradicated along with most of the subjects as well. 90 Million native Americans were slaughtered and their culture is essentially wiped out from the land. Persia (Iran) is another good example were Zoroastrianism was thriving before the advent of Islam. There are many other such cultures and it just seems that their only purpose is to convert the local populace and destroy their culture. They are still trying to do it in Bharat, and have been doing it for almost 1300 years, but since Sanathana Dharma is so pluralistic and its followers so resilient, they are having a very difficult time indeed!

Subham.

Kumar_Das
28 May 2010, 04:14 PM
Recently there has been several videos on youtube where I see muslims using this tactic - quoting verses from Hindu scriptures about a "one god" and telling us that we should convert to islam.

One of which is zakir naik's speeches.

I like to maintain the stance that I am polytheist to muslims generally.

However when confronted with such attempts of them using our religious texts to teach us whats right or wrong. When I have no other choice my response would be to say is that "yes, all this was known to our great Hindu Rishis thousands of years before muhammad came along. So muhammad must have copied us. Since those texts are the ancient and original. Oldest of all."

On my day-to-day life, I have no qualms meeting and interacting with muslims.

Once a muslim guy was discussing with me about religion and said Hindus believed in one god and proceeded further. I shrugged and said no such thing flat out and tried to steer the conversation elsewhere.

Why?

Islam is constructed in such a way that its a conversion machine always imposing itself upon others but never allowing anyone to leave itself.

~ believing in any text of another religion is heretical
~ a muslim woman is not allowed to marry a non muslim man
~ the penalty for apostasy is death
~ there is no god but allah (the deity of the quran) / none can worship any other than the deity of the quran
~ muhammad is his last and final messenger / so everything one needs to know about God is complete within the quran

Always be careful when a muslim speaks about religion.

You can never expect a muslim to value or show appreciation to your own beliefs because its considered to be unacceptable/haram.

Their perceptions of other religion are always dictated by their own. The reason why they say that they respect moses and jesus is because they are mandated to believe in all of what the quran preaches. And muhammad, as Ive said before, decided to include moses and jesus as prophets of his deity. Otherwise they would not.

So engaging in any discussion about religion with a muslim to me is a waste of time.

Of course the only exceptions are the Sufis.

Sahasranama
28 May 2010, 06:25 PM

Okay, let's wait for kalki avatar to get rid of these asuras. ;)

Sahasranama
28 May 2010, 06:53 PM
I agree with TTA that many Christians and Muslims are asuras. Anyone who eats beef or slaughters cows is an asura.

sambya
28 May 2010, 11:58 PM
myislam ,

seems like you have copy pasted a page from that international idot zakir naik's blabberings, which his dim witted islamic followers revere as "speeches" !!! :Cool:

but i was wondering what might be your true intention and motivation to come up in a hindu forum and do what you are doing ? do you intend to bring back some 'disoriented hindus' to track ? or do you intend to convert them altogether ?

then suddenly i found out the true cause ------ you want to prove yourself another idiot !
yeah thats it . :D clap clap clap .

after all , how many of us truly strive to be a worthy pupil of our guru ?????

amith vikram
29 May 2010, 02:08 AM
namaste,
i think its unfair to call christians/muslims as asuras.i've a few muslim frns and they are cool.

Sahasranama
29 May 2010, 02:19 AM
Well, there can be cool asuras. :p

isavasya
29 May 2010, 03:00 AM
What happened last week ?

ISLAMABAD: Over 50 Pakistani Hindus have converted to Islam in the Sialkot district of Punjab within a week (between May 14 and May 19) under pressure from their Muslim employers in a bid to retain their jobs and survive in the Muslim-dominated society.

As many as 35 Hindus converted to Islam on May 14, another 14 on May 17 and eight on May 19, 2010.

All the 57 Hindus who have converted belong to the Pasroor town of Sialkot.

According to some Pakistani electronic media reports, Mangut Ram, a close relative of some of the new converts, who lives in Sialkot, said that these Hindus had to embrace Islam because they were under pressure from their Muslim employers.

He said four Hindu brothers along with their families lived in the village of Nikki Pindi. Mangut Ram said that Hans Raj, Kans Raj, Meena/Kartar and Sardari Lal along with his nephews and sons worked at an eatery in Karachi.

According to Mangut Ram, his co workers often used to speak against Hindus in Karachi where his family worked. “The owner of the shop where I worked said that after a few months of his employing me the sales dropped drastically because people avoided purchasing and eating edibles prepared by Hindus. Many people opposed the large presence of Hindu employees at his shop and my boss felt pressured to change the situation,” he added.

Ram said Sardari Lal and his brother Meena/Kartar had worked at the sweets shops for several years and made a decent living that allowed them to support their families.

He said other Muslims employees of the nearby shops discriminated against them and persecuted them. The shop owner was forced to think about their future at his establishment. “That was when the two brothers and their families decided to embrace Islam in order to keep their jobs and be secure,” he added

Ram said that 14 Hindus of the Tapiala village had embraced Islam on May 17 because they were extremely poor and could not get jobs because no one would employ the large Hindu family.

He said that another relative of his, Parkash, who lived in the village of Seowal, along with his eight family members had embraced Islam in order to save their lands.

“After embracing Islam, Parkash Ram told me that Muslim neighbours had been mistreating him and had forced him to convert,” Mangut Ram said.

http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report_57-pakistani-hindus-convert-to-islam-under-pressure_1388695

namaste,
i think its unfair to call christians/muslims as asuras.i've a few muslim frns and they are cool.

namaste amith,

Thats the problem, muslims can be cool, but Islam is not cool, When Muslims are in majority then they are not friends, they are devils. and when muslims are not in majority, they are usually trying to get in majority, I do say when such topics come, please do not defend mullas/xians , because it doesnt matters what muslims are, what matters is what Islam is!

Eastern Mind
29 May 2010, 07:40 AM
myislam ,

seems like you have copy pasted a page from that international idot zakir naik's blabberings, which his dim witted islamic followers revere as "speeches" !!! :Cool:

but i was wondering what might be your true intention and motivation to come up in a hindu forum and do what you are doing ? do you intend to bring back some 'disoriented hindus' to track ? or do you intend to convert them altogether ?

then suddenly i found out the true cause ------ you want to prove yourself another idiot !
yeah thats it . :D clap clap clap .

after all , how many of us truly strive to be a worthy pupil of our guru ?????

Sambya: Just a point for reference , in case you hadn`t noticed. This fellows last post here was in March 2008. Doubt that he will continue the discussion.

Aum

sambya
29 May 2010, 12:12 PM
yes eastern . i hadnt noticed that . i just saw in the fresh posts of kumar and shasranama and typed in my response to the OP .

thanks for informing that .. :)

sadhaka3
11 June 2010, 03:38 PM
Namaste Yajvan,

If you look at most of the civilizations, cultures, religions, elsewhere in the world, after the advent of Christianity and/or Islam, the native and usually much older cultures were completely eradicated along with most of the subjects as well. 90 Million native Americans were slaughtered and their culture is essentially wiped out from the land. Persia (Iran) is another good example were Zoroastrianism was thriving before the advent of Islam. There are many other such cultures and it just seems that their only purpose is to convert the local populace and destroy their culture. They are still trying to do it in Bharat, and have been doing it for almost 1300 years, but since Sanathana Dharma is so pluralistic and its followers so resilient, they are having a very difficult time indeed!

Subham.

I agree 100%!!!

Look at all of the Middle East. At least the Persians were somewhat resilient... but in the end lost (at least they still have their language). This happened TWICE in Egypt (first Christianity, then Islam)

And look at ALL of Europe. The Roman religion=gone. The Germanic=gone. The Hellenic religion=gone. Personally, I like to think that Hellenic religion (or even roman) may have developed into somthing similar to Hinduism had Christianity never come to power.

ScottMalaysia
17 August 2010, 09:03 AM
ISLAMABAD: Over 50 Pakistani Hindus have converted to Islam in the Sialkot district of Punjab within a week (between May 14 and May 19) under pressure from their Muslim employers in a bid to retain their jobs and survive in the Muslim-dominated society.

As many as 35 Hindus converted to Islam on May 14, another 14 on May 17 and eight on May 19, 2010.

All the 57 Hindus who have converted belong to the Pasroor town of Sialkot.

According to some Pakistani electronic media reports, Mangut Ram, a close relative of some of the new converts, who lives in Sialkot, said that these Hindus had to embrace Islam because they were under pressure from their Muslim employers.

This is not Islamic.

لَا إِكْرَاهَ فِي الدِّينِ ۖ قَد تَّبَيَّنَ الرُّشْدُ مِنَ الْغَيِّ ۚ فَمَن يَكْفُرْ بِالطَّاغُوتِ وَيُؤْمِن بِاللَّهِ فَقَدِ اسْتَمْسَكَ بِالْعُرْوَةِ الْوُثْقَىٰ لَا انفِصَامَ لَهَا ۗ وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ

"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things." (Qur'an 2:256)

kallol
17 August 2010, 10:43 AM
How is 1 defined ?

1 = 1 if seen as a whole

1 = 0.5 + 0.5

1= 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1

1 = infinite numbers of infinitismal parts

All are belonging to the superset called 1

So how do we define 1 ?

Love and best wishes

saidevo
17 August 2010, 08:55 PM
0 (zero) is usually treated as space (emptiness).
1, the unity of consciousness, is the common denominator of all numbers including zero.

If 1, as the unity of consciousness, is resolved (spread out) in space, that is, as 1/0, it expands to infinity.
Same way, any other number resolved in space attains infinity.

Any number is nothing but that many counts of one.
That is, the number 2 is just a group name for two ones and so on.
The more the count, the farther the number is from the unity, but the unity as one is always the common denominator.
Any number, to attain the unity of one, should lose its apparent individual identity (eg. 5/5).

A number that is obsessed with its apparent individuality, and tries to expand that individuality in space (say 5 x 0), becomes nothing (zero). If it tries to hide under the emptiness of zero (as 0 / 5), with no belief in the one-ness (1) of God, it becomes nothing again.

Only when the space of zero is under/within it, (as 5 / 0), that is in its hRdaya--heart, and not over its head (as 0 / 5), it unites with the consciousness of the One, and expands into infinity.

What do the whole numbers and fractions represent?

We may say that the whole numbers represent the multiple forms of the one consciousness, that is the infinite number of souls--jivas or sentient beings.

Fractions--bhinna, of ONE, represent the apparent divisions of the One consciousness into the different forms of inert--achetana, matter which range from the tiniest atom to the largest ocean, and also encase the jIvas. The divisions are only apparent because even with fractions, the unity of One is always under as the common denominator.

How is 1 defined ?

1 = 1 if seen as a whole

1 = 0.5 + 0.5

1= 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1

1 = infinite numbers of infinitismal parts

All are belonging to the superset called 1

So how do we define 1 ?

Love and best wishes

kallol
18 August 2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks Saideo.

My intention was to question the people who underestimates the Sanatana Dharma.

To understand the 1 itself, one has to elevate the mind to that level, where he can see the whole consciousness and prakriti as 1 system.

Only a very few can perceive and assimilate that.

When we are on earth we see at micro resolution. When we see earth from moon, it is a single unit. When from the next star, it is not even a point. When we see our universe from another universe, it is 1 point.

Imagine a mind that can perceieve the whole bramhan and prakriti as 1.

So the question to myislam may be " yes we know God is 1 but do you know what that 1 God means ?"

It is here they lose out as they are seperated from God.

Love and best wishes

saidevo
18 August 2010, 09:59 AM
namaste Kalol.

BhagavAn Das has written a very good book 'The Science of Peace'. I have serialized this old publication starting from the thread below:
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2598

This book gives a wealth of information about Hindu and other philosophies that you may be interested in.

rkpande
19 August 2010, 08:08 AM
My dear Islam1,

Written by a Pakistani journalist about India....... !

By Dr Farrukh Saleem

Here's what is happening in India :
(http://xqno.com/binb)
The two Ambani brothers can buy 100 percent of every company listed on the Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE) and would still be left with $30 billion to spare. The four richest Indians can buy up all goods and services produced over a year by 169 million Pakistanis and still be left with $60 billion to spare. The four richest Indians are now richer than the forty richest Chinese.

In November, Bombay Stock Exchange's benchmark Sensex flirted with 20,000 points. As a consequence, Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries became a $100 bill ion company (the entire KSE is capitalized at $65 billion). Mukesh owns 48 percent of Reliance.
In November, comes Neeta's birthday. Neeta turned forty-four three weeks ago. Look what she got from her husband as her birthday gift:

A sixty-million dollar jet with a custom fitted master bedroom, bathroom with mood lighting, a sky bar, entertainment cabins, satellite television, wireless communication and a separate cabin with game consoles. Neeta is Mukesh Ambani's wife, and Mukesh is not India’s richest but the second richest.
Mukesh is now building his new home, Residence Antillia (after a mythical, phantom island somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean). At a cost of $1 billion this would be the most expensive home on the face of the planet. At 173 meters tall Mukesh's new family residence, for a family of six, will be the equivalent of a 60-storeyed building. The first six floors are reserved for parking. The seventh floor is for car servicing and maintenance.. The eighth floor houses a mini-theatre. Then there's a health club, a gym and a swimming pool. Two floors are reserved for Ambani family's guests. Four floors above the guest floors are family floors all with a superb view of the Arabian Sea On top of everything are three helipads. A staff of 600 is expected to care for the family and their family home.

In 2004, India became the 3rd most attractive foreign direct investment destination. Pakistan wasn't even in the top 25 countries.
In 2004, the United Nations, the representative body of 192 sovereign member states, had requested the Election Commission of India to assist the UN in the holding elections in Al Jumhuriyah al Iraqiyah and Dowlat-e Eslami-ye Afghanestan. Why the Election Commission of India and not the Election Commission of Pakistan? After all, Islamabad is closer to Kabul than is Delhi. [
magine, 12 percent of all American scientists are of Indian origin; 38 percent of doctors in America are Indian; 36 percent of NASA scientists are Indians; 34 percent of Microsoft employees are Indians; and 28 percent of IBM employees are Indians.
For the record: Sabeer Bhatia created and founded Hotmail. Sun Microsystems was founded by Vinod Khosla. The Intel Pentium processor, that runs 90 percent of all computers, was fathered by Vinod Dham.
Rajiv Gupta co-invented Hewlett Packard's E-speak project. Four out of ten Silicon Valley start-ups are run by Indians. Bollywood produces 800 movies per year and six Indian ladies have won Miss Universe/Miss World titles over the past 10 years.
For the record: Azim Premji, the richest Muslim entrepreneur on the face of the planet, was born in Bombay and now lives in Bangalore. India now has more than three dozen billionaires; Pakistan has none (not a single dollar billionaire). he other amazing aspect is the rapid pace at which India is creating wealth. In 2002, Dhirubhai Ambani, Mukesh and Anil Ambani's father, left his two sons a fortune worth $2.8 billion. In 2007, their combined wealth stood at $94 billion. On 29 October 2007, as a result of the stock market rally and the appreciation of the Indian rupee, Mukesh became the richest person in the world, with net worth climbing to US$63.2 billion (Bill Gates, the richest American, stands at around $56 billion). Indians and Pakistanis have the same Y-chromosome haplogroup. We have the same genetic sequence and the same genetic marker (namely: M124). (http://xqno.com/binb)
We have the same DNA molecule, the same DNA sequence. Our culture, our traditions and our cuisine are all the same. We watch the same movies and sing the same songs. What is it that Indians have and we don't?
And also to mention: They think of Construction of own nation, unlike other nations who are just concerned with destruction of others... (http://xqno.com/binb)

Believer
20 August 2010, 02:12 PM
Thats the problem, muslims can be cool, but Islam is not cool, When Muslims are in majority then they are not friends, they are devils. and when muslims are not in majority, they are usually trying to get in majority, I do say when such topics come, please do not defend mullas/xians , because it doesnt matters what muslims are, what matters is what Islam is!

It is a perennial drawback with young minds and pacifists.

Young minds have not experienced anything "real" to base their opinions on. And for pacifists, it is easy to pretend to be "spiritually enlightened" and take the proverbial moral high ground and do nothing.

As posted elsewhere, the following video made by Pat Condell - a British stand-up comedian, who in this video is not doing comedy - is worth watching, to get properly educated about Islam. Thank you Pat Condell for being so articulate, and saying so much in so few words. This video, more than any other, needs the most circulation and exposure; to get the truth out.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/06/pat-condell-on-ground-zero-mosque-is-it-possible-to-be-astonished-but-not-surprised.html (http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/06/pat-condell-on-ground-zero-mosque-is-it-possible-to-be-astonished-but-not-surprised.html)

Kumar_Das
01 September 2010, 03:58 PM
"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things." (Qur'an 2:256)

lol aint this liek biblical small talk?

atanu
02 September 2010, 12:37 AM
lol aint this liek biblical small talk?

Why should it be labelled a small talk? Humans have always had ways to explain away when scriptures point out fallacy in one's thoughts and actions. In all cultures Rajas and Tamas reject scripture when inconvenient and yet resort to it when convenient (including this).

Om Namah Shivaya

Kumar_Das
02 September 2010, 10:04 AM
Why should it be labelled a small talk? Humans have always had ways to explain away when scriptures point out fallacy in one's thoughts and actions. In all cultures Rajas and Tamas reject scripture when inconvenient and yet resort to it when convenient (including this).

Om Namah Shivaya

hello I dont understand what you just said.

Kumar_Das
02 September 2010, 10:18 AM
This is not Islamic.

لَا إِكْرَاهَ فِي الدِّينِ ۖ قَد تَّبَيَّنَ الرُّشْدُ مِنَ الْغَيِّ ۚ فَمَن يَكْفُرْ بِالطَّاغُوتِ وَيُؤْمِن بِاللَّهِ فَقَدِ اسْتَمْسَكَ بِالْعُرْوَةِ الْوُثْقَىٰ لَا انفِصَامَ لَهَا ۗ وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ

Evil and good are the most ubiquitous dualities since the dawn of mankind.

Why does Islam profess its deity as taking the side of the good. In Sanatana Dharma such a way of thinking stopped untill the Rig Veda.

Is Allah omni-benevolent? I think not.

As for the bolded part, basically what it says is "whoever believes in this deity, will never be betrayed". Its a very biblical thing.

"those who put faith in thy Lord Jesus Christ..."

tis' all m' sayin

Lets get to it Ramanuja Acharya style.

Due to the finite nature of sentient beings, they are unable to take care of themselves adequately. Since it is Lord Vishnu, who is not affected by the 3 gunas unlike all the jivas, they have noone else to turn to, for them to depend upon other than He.

And Goddess Lakshmi, Most Beneficient, whose treasure of wealth is Ever-Bountiful, is the only one capable of providng all the needs to whomever turns to Her. She is Most Sufficient in bestowing all wants and desires.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mxEL9lmjka0/SXiwxnwA6CI/AAAAAAAAALY/UHYXt88yCM4/s320/lakshmi-300.jpg

Spiritualseeker
10 March 2012, 10:10 AM
This is not Islamic.

Namaste Scott,

Thank you for bringing this verse up. I think a lot of people misunderstand the intention of the Qur'an, because it is so contradictory. The problem in understanding the Quran lies in the fact that these verses are broken down into sections of time in which the verses were 'revealed'. Your quote above shows a nice peaceful verse, but what it fails to mention is that this verse is a Meccan verse. It was before the Muslims came to power. This was before the concept of Jihad of the sword is given. So the Muslims were to be peaceful and that is why there were no warring during this time. After the muslims began to rise to power, the verses for Jihad came through. These verses abrogated some that came before them. Because now a muslim can use compulsion. For an example we have this verse from the Qur'an:

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled." (Surah 9 verse 29 from Sahih International translation).

This verse as Muslims scholars of the past have mentioned shows that taking Jihad to the disbeliever who does not believe in Allah or in the Last day is permissible. You see further in the verse that you fight those who were given the scripture until they give Jizyah willingly. So people think that there is no compulsion in Islam, until they understand what this implies. That means if I am Mr. Muslim Army and your a Christian or Jewish army. I call you to Islam, if you do not accept my great invitation then you have two choices. Either you fight or you pay jizyah. If you do not pay jizyah you will be fought and if your subdued you will be forced to pay Jizyah to the Islamic ruler. Thats only for those who are given the scripture though. The rest of us who follow Sanatana Dharma are either to convert or be killed. The only exception given to this is the Hanafi school of thought which is what allowed the Taliban to allow Hindus to live as long as they paid Jizyah.

In conclusion I would say that compulsion is a part of Islam. The verse you cited cannot be used in defense of it as we have seen it is not an accurate portrayal. I ask that anyone who wants to know of Jihadis and terrorist are right in their religious understand of Islam to read Surah 9 with commentary from one of the early scholars. If one is to argue that the periods of verses are later innovations, then they would be further lost by many readings in the Qur'an that make no sense whatsoever unless you understand the context and time it was 'revealed'.

Om Namah Shivaya

Moonlight
10 March 2012, 12:44 PM
The way I see it is that all Hindu Gods are symbolic for a singular God and each God that we read in scriptures were inspired by sages and they expressed God into storys with different personality's etc.
one can definitely feel connected to nature and God in the Sanatana Dharma path.
There's more freedom and peace in Dharma which is why so Many people are turning towards that path.

The Torah is the reason why rabbi Jesus got killed and hence, they only did what was right in there book. So we can see that the abrahamics is a danger to us all even for a Jew or Muslim woman who is getting stoned for following her animal instincts.

Whereas in Dharma we get to work on our instincts and become a better person spiritually and be in peace. Both Gods in bible and Quran needs to turn to Dharma and learn from us and we can learn from them =D as long as they don't threat us... -_-