PDA

View Full Version : Showing respect for Brahmanas

Pankaja
12 May 2006, 06:32 AM
Hi, I'm back to say.

Even though we fight, least we should show utmost respect for Vaisnava, or others, like Sannyasis etc. Everybody here is neither a Sannyasis etc. If we forget to respect here. One day we may do the unthinkable and disrespect a real Sadhu. Then you can go to hell, and rot there (you deserve it as well).

So if anybody is preaching etc, then you can always disrespect the person, (we are individuals). Not go to Iskcon, or Gaudiya or Shankracharya, but whoever is saying it. I doubt anybody here follows 100%, so better we talk to everybody individually. Not think we are connected to some high-frame connection, we all individuals. Let's talk like this. Hare Krishna!

orlando
12 May 2006, 07:47 AM
Hi, I'm back to say.

Everybody here is neither a Sannyasis etc.

Shri Sarabhanga is shaivaite Sannyasa.
Regards,
Orlando.

TruthSeeker
12 May 2006, 09:07 AM
Hi, I'm back to say.

Even though we fight, least we should show utmost respect for Vaisnava, or others, like Sannyasis etc. Everybody here is neither a Sannyasis etc. If we forget to respect here. One day we may do the unthinkable and disrespect a real Sadhu. Then you can go to hell, and rot there (you deserve it as well).

What about the Vaishnavas who dont seem to care for others at all? You cant be just touchy only about yourself. If you give respect, you will get respect. First prove that you are a vasihnav by your actions - not just by reciting the mahamantra or wearing a tilak etc. I beleive Satay posted the qualities of a Vaishnva, and how many Vaishnavs are meeting such qualifications?

The hell you are talking about are temporary. And you seem to desire hell for such people. True devotees dont wish hell on even on people who wish ill for them, and might even pray for their safety!

Ablaze
12 May 2006, 10:53 AM
Then you can go to hell, and rot there (you deserve it as well).

Namaste Pankaja,

This quote left a bad taste in my mouth. It sounds like something a Christian or Muslim would say.

In Hinduism the astral hells are like karmic "purgatories" (places of purging), not places of eternal damnation, where souls are rotting.

vedic_kings
12 May 2006, 11:06 AM
Namaste Pankaja,

This quote left a bad taste in my mouth. It sounds like something a Christian or Muslim would say.

In Hinduism the astral hells are like karmic "purgatories" (places of purging), not places of eternal damnation, where souls are rotting.

I was juat going to say something about this hell talk, but it looks like you got it covered:)

jaggin
18 November 2006, 09:30 AM
What about the Vaishnavas who dont seem to care for others at all? You cant be just touchy only about yourself. If you give respect, you will get respect. First prove that you are a vasihnav by your actions - not just by reciting the mahamantra or wearing a tilak etc. I beleive Satay posted the qualities of a Vaishnva, and how many Vaishnavs are meeting such qualifications?

The hell you are talking about are temporary. And you seem to desire hell for such people. True devotees dont wish hell on even on people who wish ill for them, and might even pray for their safety!

[/size][/font][/color]

If you have anything from Hindu scripture on this I would be interested in seeing it.

Sudarshan
07 January 2007, 08:40 AM
wow, such interest in hell!

Anyway, read this: http://srimadbhagavatam.com/5/26/en2

Dont worry, the Hindu God does not throw people in there indiscriminately and indefinitely.:)

purnapragya
19 March 2012, 08:44 AM
Who is sannyasi?and who is vaishnav? according to u?

na tvaṁ viprādiko varṇo nāśramī nākṣagocaraḥ
asaṅgo'si nirākāro viśvasākṣī sukhī bhava.

You do not belong to the brahmin or any other caste, you are not
at any stage, nor are you anything that the eye can see. You are
unattached and formless, the witness of everything - so be
happy.
Its me(myself) whom I respct not other.