PDA

View Full Version : Moksha yoga!

shankar
15 February 2008, 01:01 AM
Hi Everybody,

This is my first post and I am just trying to grasp the basics of Jyotish Shastra. Can anybody help me find out if there is moksha yoga in this jataka:

Birth Date: 22-09-77
Time: 5:55 AM
Birth Place (Port Blair, India): Longitude: 92E45 Latitude: 11N40

In the Brihat Parashara Hora Sashtra, in the effects of 12th House section it is stated that:

"If there is a benefic in 12th, while its Lord is exalted, or is conjunct with, or receives a Aspect from a benefic, one will attain final emancipation."

Does this apply in this case?

Thanks,
Shankar

yajvan
18 March 2008, 05:12 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

This is my first post and I am just trying to grasp the basics of Jyotish Shastra. Can anybody help me find out if there is moksha yoga in this jataka:

In the Brihat Parashara Hora Sashtra, in the effects of 12th House section it is stated that:

"If there is a benefic in 12th, while its Lord is exalted, or is conjunct with, or receives a Aspect from a benefic, one will attain final emancipation."

Does this apply in this case?

Thanks,
Shankar
Namaste Shankar,

I have not constructed the birth chart you have offered. Yet the answer to your question can be found in chapt 1 Quarter II of the Upadesa Sutras of Jaimini.

1.2.69 offers ' Ketu in the 12th gives final emancipation to the soul (atman)'.
1.2.13 offers - 'Pisces Navamsa indicates law abiding, religious and righteous person.'
Parasara adds that the Karakamsa ( that is, the Atmakarka in the Navamsa chart or D9) in Pisces suggests Moksha.

So it is key that you are looking in the right divisional chart, that is the 1/9th or navamsa for this indication on Moksha.

pranams