PDA

View Full Version : "misinterpreted..."

Bob G
17 February 2008, 12:49 AM
By Yutang Lin

"Teaching of "Non-form" indicates non-attachment to form.
Misinterpreted, it is adopted as holding to absence of form.
Abiding in no forms at all, one falls into the abyss of void.
Only in no grasping to form or non-form lies true liberation"

Nuno Matos
17 February 2008, 01:51 AM
Namaste Bob,

Dear friend it was master Sun in is " Art of War ", chpt 4, that give us this maxim:

In ancient times skilled worriers before searching the enemy's´vulnerability they make shore that first they assure them self s of their invincibility.

Om namah Durga Ma

atanu
23 February 2008, 02:10 AM
By Yutang Lin

"Teaching of "Non-form" indicates non-attachment to form.
Misinterpreted, it is adopted as holding to absence of form.
Abiding in no forms at all, one falls into the abyss of void.
Only in no grasping to form or non-form lies true liberation"

Namaste Bob,
-
In ancient times skilled worriers before searching the enemy's´vulnerability they make shore (?) that first they assure them self s of their invincibility.

Om namah Durga Ma

Namaste Nuno,

"In ancient times skilled worriers before searching the enemy's´vulnerability ensured themselves of their own invincibility."

A true quote for all times. Like in Indian Hindi films heroes say "Kaanch ke ghar me rahene wale pathar nahi faikte hai" .

Yet I do not see any connection with the subject of the citation of Yutang Lin? A personal matter?

Regards,

Om

Nuno Matos
23 February 2008, 05:13 AM
Namaste Atanu,

" Yet I do not see any connection with the subject of the citation of Yutang Lin?"
The conection it's about Formatiom. Wich is one of the specialitys of the wutang school i.e. fighting formations.

" A personal matter?

A paradox isn't it? A part containing the whole, . And yet we are on HDF.
No it's not personal. I only think people should discuss being true and learning to learn in this case in order to speak is a very important thing.
A man shoul always be close to it´s method and should not engage in sterile timeless conversations. Just to prove that words are money.
- What wore we talking about?

Om namah shivaya!

atanu
23 February 2008, 07:10 AM
Namaste Nuno,

Namaste Atanu,
A paradox isn't it? A part containing the hole.

??

No it's not personal. I only think people should discuss being true and learning to learn in this case in order to speak is a very important thing.
A man shoul always be close to it´s method and should not engage in sterile timeless conversations. Just to prove that words are money.

So, what you quoted was also from Yutang Lin or from the same school? Is it like that? Your citation "skilled warriers before searching the enemy's´vulnerability ensured themselves of their own invincibility", is definitely a great all-time verity. One's own demons need be subdued first. And similarly, I do not find, 'Only in no grasping to form or non-form lies true liberation', as mere sterile.

- What wore we talking about?

??

Thanks for the clarification. Regards.

Om Namah Shivaya

Nuno Matos
28 February 2008, 06:37 PM
Namaste atanu,

I have bin without computer so i couldnt give you a prompt and fast reply. My humble pardon.

" What wore we talking about? "

Nevermind dear atanu! Nevermind;

Om namah shivaya

MahaHrada
29 February 2008, 06:06 AM
Namaste Nuno,

"In ancient times skilled worriers before searching the enemy's´vulnerability ensured themselves of their own invincibility."

A true quote for all times. Like in Indian Hindi films heroes say "Kaanch ke ghar me rahene wale pathar nahi faikte hai" .

Yet I do not see any connection with the subject of the citation of Yutang Lin? A personal matter?

Regards,

Om

Namaste Atanu
Indeed!

If you are interested in serious information about the teaching of Non-Form
please consider this introduction:

[SIZE=6]Three Nons and Two Kinds of Samadhi

[FONT=Bangle]The Essence of the Sixth Patriarch's Teachings

http://www.tangmi.com/works/e_works/t_10.htm

Alakh Niranjan :)