PDA

View Full Version : Proof of Ramayana

TatTvamAsi
17 March 2008, 04:02 PM
To no end do the dastardly western so-called 'scholars' and pseudo-secular Hindus themselves malign Bharata and her glorious heritage.

However, the discovery of the so-called 'Adam's Bridge' or Ram Setu, is almost certain PROOF that the Ramayana occurred. This is because of the purported time the bridge was built/formed even according to westerners and the location. It is too much of a coincidence that this bridge goes directly from Rameswaram to Sri Lanka and it is supposed to have happened around 1.5-1.7 million years ago. This is around the date of the Ramayan because it was the Treta yuga which is around 1.5 million years ago.

Furthermore, I speculate that Hanuman and his buddies were not exactly 'monkeys' in the modern sense. Since the Ramayana is supposed to have occurred around 1.5 million years ago, these 'monkeys' were indeed cave men or the cro-magnon types. They must have been one of the strains of the modern man and therefore they were portrayed as monkeys; albeit intelligent ones.

The fact that this bridge is timed to around that period and it goes from Rameswaram as well as the fact that Hanuman & co. were probably cave men types is pretty good proof that the events in the Ramayana indeed must have taken place.

What do the mlecchas (westerners etc.) have to say about this?

satay
17 March 2008, 04:05 PM
namaskar,

Actually, that would be a good topic to discuss, however, since there are no malecchas here maybe you should post this on a christian site?

TatTvamAsi
17 March 2008, 04:33 PM
namaskar,

Actually, that would be a good topic to discuss, however, since there are no malecchas here maybe you should post this on a christian site?

haha. I didn't mean 'mlechhas on this site' but a general observation of "what do they have to say about this". It would be nice to see what people on this site have to say but unfortunately it's always the same one or two people rambling on and on. So I'm not sure how much of a 'discussion' it would be.

satay
17 March 2008, 07:52 PM
Actually, that;s what I was alluding to. If you want malecchas to discuss this topic, there are none on HDF so there will be no discussion I suspect.

The best place to get a maleccha view on this is by going to their websites and forums and asking for the same.

saidevo
17 March 2008, 10:18 PM
I think we can discuss this subject under three parts: the itihAsa/puranic proof, astronomical proof and physical (geographical, archaological) proof. I think even as faithful Hindus we can collect pointers to information under these parts, in a bid to strengthen our faith in our itihAsas/Puranas.

As a first input, here is a link that says:
Proof of Ramayana in Sri lanka some Real Pics
http://gyandotcom.wordpress.com/2008/01/31/proof-of-ramayana-in-sri-lanka-some-real-pics/

Sagefrakrobatik
28 June 2008, 10:11 PM
To no end do the dastardly western so-called 'scholars' and pseudo-secular Hindus themselves malign Bharata and her glorious heritage.

However, the discovery of the so-called 'Adam's Bridge' or Ram Setu, is almost certain PROOF that the Ramayana occurred. This is because of the purported time the bridge was built/formed even according to westerners and the location. It is too much of a coincidence that this bridge goes directly from Rameswaram to Sri Lanka and it is supposed to have happened around 1.5-1.7 million years ago. This is around the date of the Ramayan because it was the Treta yuga which is around 1.5 million years ago.

Furthermore, I speculate that Hanuman and his buddies were not exactly 'monkeys' in the modern sense. Since the Ramayana is supposed to have occurred around 1.5 million years ago, these 'monkeys' were indeed cave men or the cro-magnon types. They must have been one of the strains of the modern man and therefore they were portrayed as monkeys; albeit intelligent ones.

The fact that this bridge is timed to around that period and it goes from Rameswaram as well as the fact that Hanuman & co. were probably cave men types is pretty good proof that the events in the Ramayana indeed must have taken place.

What do the mlecchas (westerners etc.) have to say about this?

Interesting i never thought of Hanuman as being a caveman but i guess it makes it more plausible sense but what about Ganesh? How do you explain that one?

TatTvamAsi
19 August 2008, 11:05 PM
Namaste,

Any update regarding the 'proof' of Ramayana; or more specifically, the events in the Ramayana?

The fact that the bridge from Rameswaram to Sri Lanka exists and has been dated to ~1.5-1.7 Million years ago is a striking discovery in favor of the Ramayana as historically accurate.

Why is there a need for Indologists, including Indian pseudo-secularists, to deny the actuality of the Ramayana and relegate it to mythology?

More excavations are needed I presume. More research into this will be quite exciting.

Subham.