PDA

View Full Version : Strength of Prayer

sringeri
20 March 2008, 03:33 PM
Prayers are an important part of us.
Most of the daily slokas describe in detail the strengths,attributes of the God.When we recite these,
a.Most of us ,after the prayers also add their own list of immediate / future wishes,etc.
God being the omnipresent knows all and should we bargain/bribe by asking for favors.
b.Personally,when I have prayed with fervor for another person and myself,I have seen the wish being taken care of.
Sincere selfless prayer esp. when we do it for another person's wellbeing is answered.

I would like to hear more about the strength of prayer from the members.

Pranams,
Sringeri.

devisarada
21 March 2008, 09:21 AM
Sincere prayers offered with devotion are always answered. The answer may come quickly or after some time, and it may not be the answer that we had hope for. But Bhagwan knows what is best for you and answers your prayers accordingly.

In my own experience, I have often prayed for help and guidance when I was in trouble. But I have never bargained. However, I do offer prayers of thanks when my prayers have been answered. Most often I have prayed for the strength, wisdom and courage to overcome a problem. Difficulties are there to challenge us, and test our character and our faith.

The same difficulties will continue to plague us until we have answered the challenge correctly. Of course, once we ha e met the challenge successfully, we will be faced with increased challenges, until we attain moksh.

yajvan
21 March 2008, 08:48 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,

Prayer enlarges the heart until it is capable of containing God's gift of Himself... Mother Teresa

yajvan
27 March 2008, 11:31 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

namaste नमस्कार

there is nothing in the world more dreary then a prayer that attempts to inform God of anything at all.. E.N.West

pranams

devisarada
27 March 2008, 01:06 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

namaste नमस्कार

there is nothing in the world more dreary then a prayer that attempts to inform God of anything at all.. E.N.West

pranams

Namaste Yajvan,

?

yajvan
27 March 2008, 02:45 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste Yajvan,
?

namaste devisarada,

Perhaps you are asking what this quote means ( to me)?
If this is so, E.N. West is suggesting that prayer directed to God that offers information or data on ones plight, condition or situation i.e. ' I have this happening to me Lord...' I am burdened with this .... , I am weighted down with this Lord.....' suggests one misses the ubiquity of this Great Being.

Now on the other hand , if the author's name at the end of the quote looks more like the continuation of the quote, then my apologies for not having better lines of demarcation. Edward N. West is an book author.

pranams