PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild the Temple In 3 Days

yajvan
22 March 2008, 11:51 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste,

Tomorrow, Sunday 23rd of March , or the first Sunday after the full moon in March/AprilČ is Easter. This is the day that Jesus chose to arise. Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up - Jesus saidč.

Many if not all of his followers were perplexed with this comment. They missed the notion that the temple is the body that houses Atman. Yet even this 'houses Atman' is a bit mis-leading, as there is no place that Atman is not.

That said, I see most Christians focus/recognize/notice the death of Jesus more then the re-birth. As I look in the churches, I see more crucifictions then rebirth motifs.

For me, the whole of Jesus' teaching is you are not this body, and the rebirth of you, Sanatana dharma's dvija or twice born, into the spirit (divya) is the core message.

Yet as humans we look for the drama (just watch the news on TV)... the notion of being reborn and overcoming the obstacle of samsara ( birth-after-birth), does not seem to have the sizzle people are looking for?

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:20-21

This kingdom from my orientation is Brahma Sakshtkara ( Self Realization) is turiyatit chetana (sustained turya). We all have it as our essential part of our Being. This is the Blessing from Him (ṡiva).

just a thought...

pranams

1. John 2:9
2. Prior to AD325, churches in different regions celebrated Easter on different dates, not always on Sundays.
A one Aloisius Lilius (circa 1576) devised the system as well as the tables that would be used to determine the date of Easter.
Easter is the Sunday after the Paschal Full Moon. The Paschal Full Moon may occur from March 21 through April 18, inclusive. Thus the date of Easter is from March 22 through April 25, inclusive. The date of the Paschal full moon is determined from tables, and it may differ from the date of the the actual full moon by up to two days.
Source: http://www.smart.net/~mmontes/ec-cal.html