PDA

View Full Version : Hello there, let me introduce myself. My story.

I_C_U
08 April 2008, 04:43 PM
I was a Muslim as an child. But I have only prayed 2-3 times in my life and I never felt God. It was more like a routine. At age 12-20 I was an atheist. I hated religion, maybe I was an atheistic militant. At least to some extent I was joking about killing Muslims and Christians.

Then I became interested in Hindu philosophy and studied it just for fun.
I read a little about Kali and I felt my soul scream out to her. I could not control it. It was me but still not like someone else residing in me. She answered, and I felt like a lost child that once again embraces his mother. I was frightened of her the first times. I thought I was going mad I still do but not so much as I used to. Things happened.

Shouldn't go in to detail but she helps me. Saved me from being late/beaten up et c. And I see experience in all things. I learn and I feel her with me all the time. I used to be very afraid all the time but not any more.

That was a little of me and my story. Glad to be here and learn more.

Brahmanyan
09 April 2008, 06:57 AM
I stepped into this Forum by chance while searching for some details about our Religion, Sanathana Dharma. I am a Retired Septuagenarian from India interested in Philosophy, Literature, Arts and all other things that happens around me. I respect and Love all living things in the borderless world. I believe in the words of Jiddu Krishnamurthy "Truth is a pathless world...." My search to find "the Truth" will go on till the end of my existence.

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

I_C_U
09 April 2008, 08:57 AM
I stepped into this Forum by chance while searching for some details about our Religion, Sanathana Dharma. I am a Retired Septuagenarian from India interested in Philosophy, Literature, Arts and all other things that happens around me. I respect and Love all living things in the borderless world. I believe in the words of Jiddu Krishnamurthy "Truth is a pathless world...." My search to find "the Truth" will go on till the end of my existence.

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

This is a borderless world. But not in the minds of men. Afghanistan had Hindu kings. The Kabaa in Mecca was a Hindu shrine. The Parsi prophet Zoroaster was a Brahman priest. The whole middleast was Hindu. Hindu priests in India today sometimes claim that even Indians born in other nations are not real hindus.

I didn't really choose Hinduism like a westerner that likes the art or something like that. Kali choose me sort of. Hard to explain, but it was not my body but my soul that I had no authority over.

devotee
09 April 2008, 11:40 PM
Namaste ICU & Brahmanyan,
Welcome to the forum ! :)

OM