PDA

View Full Version : Spring Greetings!

Mani
12 April 2008, 04:14 PM
Greetings and Happy New Year!

I have been kindly encouraged by Satay to introduce myself. Many begin with sharing their personal journey; I shall do likewise. I’ve had few visions or revelations; rather my aspiration for conversion has developed gently and gradually over time. After many years of exploration and self-examination I have come to realize that most of my deeper life-long thoughts, feelings and beliefs align with Hindu values and beliefs. Many of these thoughts, feelings and beliefs I have held quietly within, knowing that family and friends would have difficulty understanding and perhaps even discourage. It seems many Western converts have had painful experiences in other religions, and have found solace in Hinduism. This was different for me – I constantly pestered my parents about attending church services – I wanted to go so badly, but we rarely went! Yet like other Western converts, in Hinduism I find great comfort, joy and peace; moreover, I find hope for the world. Through friends I have observed and participated in many different religious services. I have read many books and listened to many “experts” reveal their brand of wisdom and spirituality only to realize that most of it, knowingly or unknowingly, was really built upon a foundation of Hinduism.

So here I am today (with the tender support of my wonderful Buddhist husband!), standing at a threshold, ready to take a step forward, a step toward my true home. I am so pleased to discover the Hindu Dharma Forum and its many kind members who so lovingly share their beautiful wisdom and experience. I see some members are familiar with the teachings of Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami and Satguru Bodhinatha Veylanswami. With the start of the Tamil New Year this Sunday, April 13th, I will begin studying the Lord Siva trilogy that is available on-line. I will also read Loving Ganesa and Hinduism Today. I especially look forward to communicating with others who will be reading these teachings, too.

Many good wishes to all –
Namaste, Mani

satay
12 April 2008, 10:59 PM
Namaskar Mani,
Welcome to Hindu Dharma Forums.
Thank you for the nice introduction.

There are a number of discussion going on here. Please join the rest of the members as you feel comfortable. Looking forward to more of your posts.

:)