PDA

View Full Version : Hindus and marriage

Sagefrakrobatik
17 April 2008, 08:22 PM
Is it taboo for a Hindu to marry or date a non hindu?

Arjuna
21 April 2008, 05:36 PM
Is it taboo for a Hindu to marry or date a non hindu?

If U speak about social hinduism (varnashrama system), i think it is needed to specify the varna, caste, and gender. Moreover rules may differ from sect to sect.
However in fact religion must not be taken as an obstacle to relationships provided one is not forced to convert. All are God's children, what's the problem? :)

Yaruki
22 April 2008, 04:03 AM
When you say Hindu do you mean someone who is Indian or someone who worships an Indian God. If you meant the latter I would say No its not taboo, I don't know about the other one since I'm American. Ive never been to India, nor do I have any Indian acquaintances.

meez
22 April 2008, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't think so. I will admit that I am not an expert on Hindu traditions or anything like that, but I would say that someone dating a person that follows another religion, set of philosophies, etc. is wonderful. Two people that have found an interest in each other out of all the people in this world is itself something great. Take care my friend!

Sagefrakrobatik
10 May 2008, 10:20 AM
Just wanted to know. Anyways im a nominal catholic talking to this girl at my school who is a Muslim

Ganeshprasad
10 May 2008, 11:31 AM
Pranam

Just wanted to know. Anyways im a nominal catholic talking to this girl at my school who is a Muslim

I can bet you my bottom dollar she want merry you if you don't convert.

Jai Shree Krishna