PDA

View Full Version : Hanuman Jayanti

Ganeshprasad
20 April 2008, 08:05 AM
Pranam all

May Marutinandan Hanuman Bless us all.

I am going out a in minute, to recite Hanuman Calisa, with family.

> Hanuman Chalisa is the most popular with all kind of devotees .

This by Morari Bapu.

> Hanuman Jee to whom this chalisa is devoted has been described by forty different names. If we to collect all the names used for Hanuman Jee both in Vinay Pratika and Shree Ram Charit Maanas, it comes to exactly forty. One more point Hanuman Jeei is considered to be the incarnation of Bhagwaan Shiva and various formulation of Bhagwaan Shiva, his twelve jotrilingas, his eight very famous images, his five faces and his fifteen eyes. The figure comes to forty again but we go still further up there are very profound philosophical reasons why this figure forty might have been selected.
>
> Hanuman is an embodiment of humanity and each person, every person, every one of us guided and controlled by our own Anthakaran (inner self). Antakarn has been considered to be consisting of four different ingredients. The mind (mun), Chit (Consciouness), Budhi (intellect) and Ahankar (ego) Each aspect of Antakarn is ten different qualities the figure again rounds up exactly at forty. All the qualities and characteristics of each aspect of Antakarn, ten qualities of mind, ten of chitt, ten of budhi and ten of Ahankar, figure again comes to forty. So all theses may be the reasons why figure forty has been selected by Tulsidas in writing this Hanuman chalisa.
>
> We can get over all difficulties by using a conveyer belt. Conveyer belt of bhakti where the grace of God will take us over all these difficulties but it depends on your own self exertion. Conveyer belt will take you where you want to go but walk a few steps, take few steps on the conveyer belt so that you can arrive at your destination faster and a better person.

>
> Tulsidas Jee again points out that in this chalisa while describing the family of Raghu in relation to Hanuman Jee, points out that even though Hanuman Jee is not born in the Raghunath Jee> '> s family, Hanuman jee has made himself into a Raghunath Jee family by his devotion, by his selfless service, by his intense love for Ram. What Hanuman has done we too can do by devotion, by intense love, by following the example of Ram in whatever small way that we can. Tulsidas Jee promises that whoever reads and recites the chalisa will have the four pursuments at his command Dharma (duty), Karma (good deeds), Arth and Moksh (salvation).

Jai Shree Krishna

Ganeshprasad
30 March 2010, 05:22 AM
Pranam All

shri guru charan saroj raj nij mane mukure sudhaari
varnao raghuvar vimal jasu jo daayaku phal chaari
budhi hin tanu janike sumirau pavan kumaram
bal budhi vidya dehu mohe harahu kalesavikaar

JAI HANUMAN gyan gun saagar jai kapis tihun lok ujaagar ram doot atulit bal dhaama anjani-putra pavan sut naama.

Hanuman Jayanti is being celebrated today as it marks the birthday of Lord Hanuman, also known as Anjaneya or Bajrang Bali. This year the occasion is considered to be all the more auspicious as it falls on Tuesday, the day which is dedicated to Lord Hanuman.

According to the Hindu lunar calendar, the Jayanti is observed on full moon day (Poornima) during the month of March-April (Chaitra Paksh).The Cheeranjivi, as he is popularly known for being blessed with immortality is believed to bring strength and power among his devotees. A true devotee of Lord Ram, he is worshiped all over the country with reverence for his humility, devotion and a for being a staunch celibate.

jai jai jai hanuman gosahin
kripa karahu gurudev ki nyahin

Jai Hanuman, Jai Shree Ram

smaranam
30 March 2010, 08:49 AM
praNAm GaneshPrasadji

Thanks for the Hanuman Jayanti msg and the sweet Chalisa. Here is a video of Hanuman Chalisa with Subtitles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXcON27-3Jo&feature=related

And one here with Translation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H15Ds3rGjQ&feature=related

RAm Lakhan SitA man basiyA

Pavansuta HanumAn ki jay

Ganeshprasad
18 April 2011, 05:52 AM
Pranam all

Happy Hanuman Jayanti

Sri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram

jai jai jai hanuman gosahin
kripa karahu gurudev ki nyahin

Jai Hanuman, Jai Shree Ram

Jai Shree Krishna

karna
18 April 2011, 06:36 AM
Hanuman, Bhima, and Madhvacharya are one and the same Vayu.

Obelisk
18 April 2011, 09:37 AM
Jai Hanuman! I've been meditating on the Hanuman Chalisa since the morning. May He shower His blessings on us all! :)

Ramakrishna
18 April 2011, 10:28 AM
Namaste,

Happy and blessed Hanuman Jayanti to all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSb6MjPDfug

Jai Hanuman

PARAM
18 April 2011, 12:05 PM
जय श्री राम
जय बजरंग बलि
जय हनुमान

Aanjan near Trimbakeshwar, Maharashtra is the place of birth of Hanuman. The name of the village has been derived from the name of Hanuman jis mother goddess Anjani. It is also debated that Hanuman was born on Anjaneya Hill, in Hampi, Karnataka, near the Risyamukha mountain on the banks of the Pampa, where Sugreeva and Sri Ram met.

It is said that after the birth of Hanuman Anjani ji named him Sunder (handsome boy) as he was extremely charming owing to the Divine Power imbibed in him. The fifth chapter of the Ramayan which abounds in great and glorious deeds of Hanuman has been entitled as Sunder Kand on his original name.

Adhvagat
18 April 2011, 01:42 PM
http://unidadezero.com/pub/img/vedas/hanuman-blessing.jpg

Jay!

c.smith
18 April 2011, 09:34 PM
A very blessed Hanuman Jayanti to all! Jai Hanuman !

saidevo
18 April 2011, 10:44 PM
Here is the website link of a famous Hanumat temple in Chennai:
http://www.anjaneyaswami.com/index.asp

c.smith
19 April 2011, 10:13 AM
Hari Om!

Please forgive me for posting this here, but it is most appropriate to Hanuman Jayaniti and my experience this year.

I was very blessed this year with peace beyond belief. Lord Hanuman was and is especially generous in my life and provided a day full of peace, bliss and deep, meaningful meditation. I played his chalisa throughout the day, tried to recite it as best I could, and offered personal prayers in addition to the regular daily japa. I don't feel that my bond or devotion to him is strong enough so I prayed for an increase in faith and devotion in addition to other requests. My vigil continues throughout today and I include the members of this forum in my intentions. May Hanuman continue to bless you all as wonderfully as he has blessed and touched my life and beyond.

With deepest humility, love and respect for the Lord, may we all continue to serve him faithfully.

Jai Hanuman!

shian
22 December 2011, 09:01 PM
Happy Hanuman Jayanti Dec 24, 2011 :)

Will you share how you celebrate Hanuman Jayanti tomorrow ?

Friend from the West
22 December 2011, 10:01 PM
Hari Om

Namaste Shian,

For me, it is not yet time to celebrate in full. For tomorrow, will be in miniature. My wife, son, and myself, will visit animal shelter. We will take money and food, and at time of departure my wife and son will be torn up that we can not take all home.

For tomorrow, Shian, how will you celebrate?

Jai Jai Hanuman!

FFTW

shian
23 December 2011, 12:12 AM
I dont have any Idea

i never celebrate Hanuman Jayanti

Or maybe as simple i only chant Om Hanumate Namaha

So maybe i can hear from anyone here

i know this special day when i open my Facebook and one of Hindu page said 24 Dec is Hanuman Jayanti