PDA

View Full Version : Psychic symbols

c.smith
21 May 2008, 03:12 PM
Does anyone know what the psychic symbols seen during meditation mean? I often see a human eye and/or a triangle facing downward in meditation. Just curious as to what they are.

yajvan
22 May 2008, 03:54 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Does anyone know what the psychic symbols seen during meditation mean? I often see a human eye and/or a triangle facing downward in meditation. Just curious as to what they are.

Namaste c.smith

The triangle you mention - I am not certain nor qualified to answer your question, but let me offer a few ideas. Lets assume the triangle you see is a yantra.

Yantra यन्त्र - any instrument for holding or restraining or fastening , a prop , support - we know it as an amulet ,or diagram, symbol that possesses energy of that which it represents.
From Yam यम् + tra त्र : Yam to raise , extend or hold + tra or support, protect.

We know triangles can be upward facing (the base at the bottom) or downword facing. According to Harish Johari downward facing triangles , in yantra design, represent female shakti. Upward draw the attention away from the world and is considered male energy like a lingam.

Upward facing energy is dynamic and has the energy of Mars; Downward facing has the tattva of water, female and hence Venus.
So my question to you ..is there any 'feeling' at the time you see the triangle - have you noticed? What type of energy is associated with the triangle?
Regarding the eye you see… Again I do not know if you are seeing a physical eye with a pupil, etc. or perhaps a lotus shaped feature - indicating manifestation ( so says Harish), or a bindu , single point which represents a static point.

There are many yantras with the triangle as its main symbol ( Sri Yantrashown below, Sri Tara , Sri Durga, etc).

Perhaps ( Maybe, a maybe) if you took a look at some yantras, this may assist you or connect a few dots in Consciousness that may lead you to an insight or two? Just a thought.

Let us know how it goes.

pranams

http://www.mandalas.com/Agape_Show/images/maha_sri_yantra.jpg

c.smith
24 May 2008, 11:38 AM
Dearest Yajvan,

Thank-you for you reply. The yantra that you included has been very beneficial.

First to the triangle - it is simply that - a triangle without color facing downward. Perhaps with more time and perhaps clarity, a larger picture will evolve.

The other is a human eye including the pupil but there is no color aside from the dark outline that defines it.

I've run across a list that includes that attributes of the symbols but cannot recall where I saw it.

In my meditations, when the symbols appear, I simply note them and return to the meditation as if nothing had/were happening. The purpose is meditation, not to have these symbols appear so I simply return to the meditation.

As always, your insights are greatly appreciated.

Explorer
20 March 2010, 09:48 PM
Dearest Yajvan,

Thank-you for you reply. The yantra that you included has been very beneficial.

First to the triangle - it is simply that - a triangle without color facing downward. Perhaps with more time and perhaps clarity, a larger picture will evolve.

The other is a human eye including the pupil but there is no color aside from the dark outline that defines it.

I've run across a list that includes that attributes of the symbols but cannot recall where I saw it.

In my meditations, when the symbols appear, I simply note them and return to the meditation as if nothing had/were happening. The purpose is meditation, not to have these symbols appear so I simply return to the meditation.

As always, your insights are greatly appreciated.

Just a shot in the dark here, but have you tried interacting with the symbols directly ? Ask them what they mean ?
Strike them (mentally) with a finger, as you would a meditation bell, and see the sound they make, what does the sound remind you of ?

NOT expert advice btw, I don't meditate regularly (at least not yet) but it's best to have / try a few ideas when these things come up, rather than not know what to do at all.

I believe that the mind (and Creation in general) has many self-correcting processes and systems, so if something is trying to express a message with those symbols, you probably also have the means to start deciphering them.

Hope this helps :)

Einherjar
23 March 2010, 04:01 PM
Is there any indication of another triangle perhaps being present but not entirely manifested?

I know this is a Hindu forum, but if there is another triangle present that can have very specific meaning when viewed through a Western Hermetic standpoint as a hexagram.

Eastern Mind
23 March 2010, 06:17 PM
Vannakkam: The hexagram is related to Ganesha as well, See here and elsewhwer. If you search on hesagram + Ganesha etc. there is lots of information.
http://www.cix.co.uk/~ganesh/ganesha3.htm (http://www.cix.co.uk/%7Eganesh/ganesha3.htm)

Aum Namasivaya

Einherjar
23 March 2010, 07:42 PM
I've never heard that before EM, I'll have to check it out. All of my experiences with Hexagrams have been from a western esoteric standpoint.

I would also like to just mention that if another triangle is involved, it's juxtaposition to the other triangle is important because they can represent different things.

Eastern Mind
23 March 2010, 08:09 PM
Aum:

Here is another link to a Murugan website that also mentions it. See for yourself how the triangles are juxtaposed. (Scroll down a bit.. right hand side..)

Aum Saravanabhava