PDA

View Full Version : Darshan of Lord Shiva.

orlando
24 May 2006, 10:10 AM
Namaste all.
I will can obtain Lord Rama'vision only after I will do Rama-nama 960 millions times!!!
By reading some puranic stories and other hindu scriptures,I saw that it is very much easier to receive boons from Lord Shiva than Lord Vishnu.Lord Shiva give boons even to demons like Ravana and Hiranyakasipu.In one of the ages instead of Brahma was Shiva that blessed Hiranyakasipu.This is write in Padma Purana,if I am not wrong.
Lord Shiva doesn't care if someone really needs a boon,but Lord Vishnu does.Lord Vishnu would have never blessed Ravana by giving him one of his weapons.The wicked demon Ravana was a great devote of Lord Shiva.
I want to obtain all the siddhis descripted in the third chapter of Yoga-sutra's Patanjali.I want become a powerful siddhi-yogi like Durvasa Muni and Visvamitra.
In the "Book of Krishna" Srila Prabhupada says that Lord Shiva is always very mercyful toward the people who practice austerities.
My questiosn:how many times do I must recite Om Namah Shivaya in order to have the darshan (vision) of Lord Shiva?
Regards,
Orlando.

Arjuna
24 May 2006, 02:43 PM
Namaste all.
I will can obtain Lord Rama'vision only after I will do Rama-nama 960 millions times!!!
By reading some puranic stories and other hindu scriptures,I saw that it is very much easier to receive boons from Lord Shiva than Lord Vishnu.Lord Shiva give boons even to demons like Ravana and Hiranyakasipu.In one of the ages instead of Brahma was Shiva that blessed Hiranyakasipu.This is write in Padma Purana,if I am not wrong.
Lord Shiva doesn't care if someone really needs a boon,but Lord Vishnu does.Lord Vishnu would have never blessed Ravana by giving him one of his weapons.The wicked demon Ravana was a great devote of Lord Shiva.
I want to obtain all the siddhis descripted in the third chapter of Yoga-sutra's Patanjali.I want become a powerful siddhi-yogi like Durvasa Muni and Visvamitra.
In the "Book of Krishna" Srila Prabhupada says that Lord Shiva is always very mercyful toward the people who practice austerities.
My questiosn:how many times do I must recite Om Namah Shivaya in order to have the darshan (vision) of Lord Shiva?
Regards,
Orlando.

Namaste,

1. I think that spirituality is not a market so that one may select a suitable product like this :D
No Deity responds if bhakti is lacking; and what is the question of bhakti in a case when U think whose grace it's easier to get... If one seeks a girl who is easier to seduce, love is out of question.

2. Rudra and Vishnu are aspects of ONE and the only Godhead. And that God does care whom He blesses — though we may be unable to grasp His reasons. God is absolutely free and conscious.

3. Darshan truely speaking is something different from puranic tales. This is not beneficial to think in a terms of kid-comicses ;)
Shiva-darshana is Shiva-consciousness.

4. It is considered that one has to repeat mantra that number of lakshas (100000) as many letters are in it.
But in fact, grace of the Lord and Guru and one's devotion is the key, and not mechanical number of repetitions (which may work only with occult mantras of kashudra-devatas).

satay
24 May 2006, 02:54 PM
Shiva is the easiest to please aspect of supreme and gives boon easily, I have read that too. He is known as Bholenath for a reason. Ma Parvati can not see a soul suffering and sometimes out of grace or for reasons unknown to us convinces Bhagwan shiva to have mercy on the poor soul. Like she did in my case...

I have to assume that shiv darshan may not require bhakti since I was an atheist most of my life and out of the blue one day had a touch of gaurishankar about a year ago! Perhaps it is linked to punya in the previous lives, I could not say for sure...

Shivom Shivom Shivom

satay
24 May 2006, 03:08 PM
Lord Shiva doesn't care if someone really needs a boon,but Lord Vishnu does.

Both aspects of one supreme and the leela is out of our understanding so you can not say one cares and the other doesn't.

Lord Vishnu would have never blessed Ravana by giving him one of his weapons.The wicked demon Ravana was a great devote of Lord Shiva.

you say it with conviction orlando. :)

This "I" is the problem...

I just have to smile on this innocent question...:)

Why don't you ask Bhagwan Shiva directly he is very easily accessible and doesn't require any special ceremonies to please him. He chooses to live in this mortal world with us for jagat kalyan.

Jai Shiv Shankar

Arjuna
24 May 2006, 03:15 PM
I have to assume that shiv darshan may not require bhakti since I was an atheist most of my life and out of the blue one day had a touch of gaurishankar about a year ago! Perhaps it is linked to punya in the previous lives, I could not say for sure...
Shivom Shivom Shivom

Namaste,

In Ur case this grace was spontaneous, and this indeed happens! God is independent in His acts. He doesn't need anything from us to give His grace and blessing, He is free.

But if one asks how to get God's grace, then the matter is different. And the only "thing" which can attract Shiva, who is Love, is love of an upasaka.

orlando
25 May 2006, 08:25 AM
Both aspects of one supreme and the leela is out of our understanding so you can not say one cares and the other doesn't.

you say it with conviction orlando. :)

This "I" is the problem...

I just have to smile on this innocent question...:)

Why don't you ask Bhagwan Shiva directly he is very easily accessible and doesn't require any special ceremonies to please him. He chooses to live in this mortal world with us for jagat kalyan.

Jai Shiv Shankar

By reading hindu scriptures I founde obvious that Lord Shiva doesn't care if one needs a boon of not.
About the "I" I already know that I have serious ego's problem.But if you did mean an advaitic meaning,then I answer that the "I" is ok!

Lord Shiva has a sanskrit name that means "quickly pleased".

Regards,
Orlando.

Arjuna
25 May 2006, 08:28 AM
Lord Shiva has a sanskrit name that means "quickly pleased".

That name is "AshutoSha."

orlando
25 May 2006, 08:54 AM
Namaste,

3. Darshan truely speaking is something different from puranic tales. This is not beneficial to think in a terms of kid-comicses ;)
Shiva-darshana is Shiva-consciousness.

Some months ago I knew a truthful Sri Vaishnava in internet.He had many times the vision of Lord Hanuman.He recites daily Ramayana under Lord Hanuman's request.

Of course if you consider puranas as mythology is very obvious that you will use "occult termes" like "Shiva-darshana is Shiva-consciousness":D

Regards,
Orlando.

orlando
25 May 2006, 09:10 AM
http://www.hanuman.com/4hanumanji.jpg

orlando
25 May 2006, 09:13 AM
Namaste all.
Please note how Swami Vivekananda translates and comments Yoga-sutra 2.44
By http://www.yoga-age.com/sutras/pata2.html

44. By the repetition of the Mantra comes the realisation of the intended deity.

The higher the beings that you want to get the harder is the practice.

http://indiaoz.com.au/hinduism/pictures/shiva/shiva_3.jpg

orlando
25 May 2006, 09:14 AM
Post deleted.

Arjuna
25 May 2006, 09:21 AM
Some months ago I knew a truthful Sri Vaishnava in internet.He had many times the vision of Lord Hanuman.He recites daily Ramayana under Lord Hanuman's request.
Of course if you consider puranas as mythology is very obvious that you will use "occult termes" like "Shiva-darshana is Shiva-consciousness":D

Namaste,

If U are interested in visions, LSD is a faster way than mantra-japa!
But this kind of experiences are games of mind only and have nothing to do with the spiritual path.
However, U may try — don't think i stop U (i hope this allows me not to entertain any further arguement).

For a note, Consciousness is not an "occult term."

orlando
25 May 2006, 09:37 AM
Namaste,

But this kind of experiences are games of mind only and have nothing to do with the spiritual path.
However, U may try — don't think i stop U (i hope this allows me not to entertain any further arguement).

Namaste.
Shri Arjuna,please note that if a deity show him/her-self to an human-being,this means that the deity is very pleased with his/her bhakta.
And then if I will have the darshan o deity I will can ask personally him or her to give me a boon.Hiranyakasipu,Ravana and Kumbabharna had direct vision of deities like Lord Brahma and Lord Shiva.
Dhruva Maharaja had the darshan of Lord Vishnu.
However a Sri vaishnava in this forum told me that after I will recite 960 crores (millions times) the word Rama,I will have the darshan of Lord Rama.
And then before this,do Rama-Nama will gradually destroy my bad karma and so it will remove the obstacles of my life.

About LSD...I am talking about a true vision!!!Not an artificial vision!!

I am afraid that this doesn'tallow you not to entertain any further arguement.:D :) :cool:

Regards,
Orlando.

orlando
25 May 2006, 09:55 AM
Ma Parvati can not see a soul suffering and sometimes out of grace or for reasons unknown to us convinces Bhagwan shiva to have mercy on the poor soul. Like she did in my case...

Namaste all.
Satay,please could you show scriptural evidence for this fact?

Regards,
Orlando.

orlando
25 May 2006, 09:57 AM
Namaste,

4. It is considered that one has to repeat mantra that number of lakshas (100000) as many letters are in it.
But in fact, grace of the Lord and Guru and one's devotion is the key, and not mechanical number of repetitions (which may work only with occult mantras of kashudra-devatas).

Well,if Rama-Nama was a mantra I should do it only 400.000 times instead 960.000.000 times.But Rama-nama isn't a mantra,isn'it?

Regards,
Orlando.

satay
25 May 2006, 11:19 AM
Namaste all.

Regards,
Orlando.

namaste orlando,

I didn't get this "fact" from a scripture. I got it from personal experience. But it might be in some scripture I have no intention of finding it for you.

satay
25 May 2006, 11:22 AM
By reading hindu scriptures I founde obvious that Lord Shiva doesn't care if one needs a boon of not.

Regards,
Orlando.

What?!:confused: :(

TruthSeeker
25 May 2006, 12:47 PM
Namaste all.

What do you mean by Rama's vision? Whom do you think Rama is? Are you expecting to see something you see on the photo? And is this really seeing in the normal sense?

Anyway, if you are going to count these numbers you are never going to find Rama that way. Counting forces you to concentrate on the count rather than on the mantra or God. So never count and let God do the rest!

It is true that Lord Shiva is pleased easily, but have you figured out what happens to those who got the ill deserved boons? They usually are killed by Vishnu later on. Asuras are hunted by Shiva and Vishnu in pairs, one giving some great boons that lead them to disaster and the other making short work of the Asura who has degenerated due to the boons.

No one who wanted siddhis ever got them. Siddhis come to those who have conquered their desires and senses. Some Yogis loose their way afterwards, but no one can get them if the desires are there in the beginning.

Regards,
Orlando.

And what are you expecting to "see"? The knowledge of tattvams is technically called the vision of Saguna Brahma. Yes, it is possible to have visions(with the eye) like you imagine but they are in the lower plane. God vision is beyond human eyes - it is more related to raise in consciouness rather than on physical visions.

orlando
25 May 2006, 12:59 PM
Namaste Shri Truthseeker.
Don't worry!Generally I don't count how many times I recite Rama-nama.I just recite continually.
You wrote:"It is true that Lord Shiva is pleased easily, but have you figured out what happens to those who got the ill deserved boons?"
Unlink Ravana,I am not a wicked being.I will not use siddhis to hurt others.
You wrote:"No one who wanted siddhis ever got them. Siddhis come to those who have conquered their desires and senses. Some Yogis loose their way afterwards, but no one can get them if the desires are there in the beginning."
Well,I don't mean to obtain siddhis by praticing Raja-yoga but by worshipping a deity.
You wrote:"And what are you expecting to "see"? The knowledge of tattvams is technically called the vision of Saguna Brahma. Yes, it is possible to have visions(with the eye) like you imagine but they are in the lower plane. God vision is beyond human eyes - it is more related to raise in consciouness rather than on physical visions."

Well,I am not an advaitin.So I don't believe that there is nirguna Brahman and Saguna Brahman.For me Lord Vishnu,who is a personal God, is the supreme reality.
Now I have to go.Hope to read your reply tomorrow.
Regards,
Orlando.

TruthSeeker
25 May 2006, 01:35 PM
Well,I don't mean to obtain siddhis by praticing Raja-yoga but by worshipping a deity.

They are one and the same! If the object is obtaining siddhis it does not matter if yoiu worship avidya or vidya, manifest or unmanifest.

Well,I am not an advaitin.So I don't believe that there is nirguna Brahman and Saguna Brahman.For me Lord Vishnu,who is a personal God, is the supreme reality.

Not a problem. Even with your defintions, vision of Vishnu cannot be a vision in the ordinary sense. Read Bhagavad Gita, and it will be clear that Arjuna is given a divine eye even for Vishva Darshana. So, Turiya darshana even according to your sampradaya should be well beyond the human eye.

I do not know why you brought the subject of NB here. That is quite irrelevant to me - I do not think NB and SB are any different. If you think of NB, it becomes SB in your mind. SB exists only in the mind and thoughts.

Regarding a personal God, I certainly dont beleive in some diety sitting somewhere in the sky and creating the world and people.

TruthSeeker
25 May 2006, 01:44 PM
Namaste all.

Regards,
Orlando.

Proof is there in the Kena Upanishad - 3rd and 4th chapter. While all devas fails, it is only Durga Matha who shows the way to Brahman.

TruthSeeker
25 May 2006, 01:53 PM
Namaste,

Many easy ways to accomplish this - grab a bottle or inject a syringe.:D

But you should note that Brahman can reveal himself in so many ways - there is no limit to that. Conscious related visions are those that happen to qualified Yogis, rest experience God only thorugh means possible through the senses.

Usually though dreams, when human ego is at its low, God can be experienced. When we are awake, the little ego inside you will shut out God in totality. If you can conquer this ego and become pure hearted visions of God in gross forms(visible to human eye) are possible. With advancement in purity and Yoga, God is accessed in subtle forms beyond the senses. With further advancement, it is experienced in causal forms. Only beyond this, is the true nature of the Self is known, which is of the nature of pure consciousness and bliss.

It seems you have the habit of taking all God experiences to the identification with Brahman. That is well beyond the reach of most human beings. Such realizations are a rarity.

Arjuna
25 May 2006, 02:42 PM
Regarding a personal God, I certainly dont beleive in some diety sitting somewhere in the sky and creating the world and people.

In such personal god none who has got at least some degree of true understanding believes! :D

However, God does encompass both personal and impersonal, for these two exist in His one Consciousness.

TruthSeeker
25 May 2006, 03:01 PM
In such personal god none who has got at least some degree of true understanding believes! :D

However, God does encompass both personal and impersonal, for these two exist in His one Consciousness.

No objections. I am very much for a personal God to the extent it matches logical reasoning. But most such views are completely against what we see in practice - they call God as all merciful and all loving yet no answers to all the countless incarnations of miseries we have undergone. It is obvious that reality is different. That is why I favour the hide and seek theory( if Creation is taken as a reality). Brahman just divided himself into many by his own Maya, and the objective of each jiva is to locate Brahman. It appears that Brahman is damn serious about this game that no jiva is given any short cuts. And that is why we are required to work for liberation and it does not come running after us, which it should be if the personal God is all merciful and all loving.:)

The being in the sky theory is what many people in the world seem to beleive. In any case those who deny Brahman being the material causalty of the world have to accept that in some way.

Arjuna
25 May 2006, 05:13 PM
Namaste TS,

But you should note that Brahman can reveal himself in so many ways - there is no limit to that. Conscious related visions are those that happen to qualified Yogis, rest experience God only thorugh means possible through the senses.

Well, i do not say God cannot reveal Himself in a form. But i see the very methodology described by the author of initial question as erroneous ;)

Usually though dreams, when human ego is at its low, God can be experienced. When we are awake, the little ego inside you will shut out God in totality. If you can conquer this ego and become pure hearted visions of God in gross forms (visible to human eye) are possible. With advancement in purity and Yoga, God is accessed in subtle forms beyond the senses. With further advancement, it is experienced in causal forms. Only beyond this, is the true nature of the Self is known, which is of the nature of pure consciousness and bliss.

1. It is impossible and ridiculous to attempt to "conquer" the ego. Who is a "conquerer" then? Ego fights against itself, this is simply damageful for psycic (and has nothing to do with Yoga).

2. It is easier to realise God as Consciousness, since it is always (every moment) Present and accessible. The Self is not "beyond" only, it is right here and now.

It seems you have the habit of taking all God experiences to the identification with Brahman. That is well beyond the reach of most human beings. Such realizations are a rarity.

I do not believe in a god as some fellow with a trident and a bow :)

In a practical for us sense God is not Brahman but Shakti (in fact the two are One Reality alone). Shakti-jnana leads to Shiva-anubhava.

Arjuna
25 May 2006, 05:17 PM
That is why I favour the hide and seek theory (if Creation is taken as a reality). Brahman just divided himself into many by his own Maya, and the objective of each jiva is to locate Brahman. It appears that Brahman is damn serious about this game that no jiva is given any short cuts. And that is why we are required to work for liberation and it does not come running after us, which it should be if the personal God is all merciful and all loving.:)

This resembles a theory of Lurianic Kabbalah (of Judaism)... :cool:

saisiddi282012
11 December 2013, 11:22 AM
Hi Orlando,

Even the worst sinner would get corrected and get to the glorious states if he chants this Sadakshari (Om Namaha Shivaya) mantra piously. If you chant it for 5 Crore Jap it will help you attain Shiva Loka - Shiva Mahapuran 13 Crore Jap you will have Darshan of Shiva in physical form - Swami Sivananda

Best,
Sai

Vega
23 December 2013, 08:28 PM
That sounds unnecessary. Are you saying you are supposed to recite a mantra almost one billion times to reach God Hood?

Sorry for the short reply, that is all I have to say now for now.