PDA

View Full Version : Ashram Living

Hiwaunis
04 July 2008, 04:09 PM
Om Shanti,
For some time I've been thinking about how wonderful ashram living must be. Does anyone know what is involved in becoming a permanant resident at an ashram. Do the residents stay there all day or do they work? How or who supports them financially? Are there such ashrams for females?

Namaste,
Hiwaunis

rkshiva27
04 July 2013, 02:51 AM
i have been living in my gurus ashram since very young age. you can live there only if your guru wants and allows you. to an outsider life in an ashram would seem boring. it involves waking up early in the morning, help cleaning the ashram, help the guru in his activities and follow gurus orders all the time. through these activities the guru teaches a lot of things and there is a lot of enjoyment involved in working for guru.

staying at gurus ashram and not contributing in any activity is extremely disrespectful. one must treat the ashram as ones own home and must help in every work wherever and whenever possible.

the guru supports them financially but the sishya must contribute. they must make donations and try to reduce the financial burden from the guru.