PDA

View Full Version : Karam(a)

satay
30 May 2006, 01:02 PM
namaste everyone,

I have been thinking about this for a long time...Karma if a natural law or a law put in place by God, if it takes care of things just like gravity...then what exactly is the role of God?

Does God interfere with karmic law and if you have intense devotion, does he/she/it forgive the karmic cycle or does he not interfere with the karmic cycle no matter how hard or how long you pray.

Let's discuss the sanatana dharma view on this.

ps: this post makes me think that the buddhist in me has awakened! :)

Arjuna
31 May 2006, 05:14 PM
namaste everyone,
I have been thinking about this for a long time...Karma if a natural law or a law put in place by God, if it takes care of things just like gravity...then what exactly is the role of God?
Does God interfere with karmic law and if you have intense devotion, does he/she/it forgive the karmic cycle or does he not interfere with the karmic cycle no matter how hard or how long you pray.

Namaste Satay,

Any religion that accepts the Absolute Godhead logically has to admit His freedom to act. Thus, concept of God and of "inevitable karma" cannot go together.

Shaivism accepts relative karma law, but ultimate is only freedom (svAtantrya) of Consciousness.

Singhi Kaya
28 June 2006, 08:02 AM
namaste everyone,

Your old queries has been answered here
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5734&postcount=49

and here
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5737&postcount=52

pc=pc+1