PDA

View Full Version : I need your help

kryss712
13 July 2008, 11:03 PM
Helloo,

I'm krish from Mauritius. I would like you people help me cause I don't know what to do.

Some time ago I was a very naughty and bad person...I've done everything that a stupid bad person could do. The reason for my attitude was because I lost me mother from cancer. This was the worst thing that happened in my life. I got VERY ANGRY WITH GOD and was full of hatred.

I quit university, my studies, my job and started a very bad life... However my suffering was so much that I though of committing suicide.

But something happen to me. I think it was god's will. I came across the bhagavat gita. All the questions which I asked throughout my life was answered. I applied the science of the gita in my life.

I forgo anger, material desire and lust in my life. Today I've reconcile with god and don't have any hatred for any one. Today I have become a better person. I feel liberated.

But I still feel like committing suicide because I don't want to live in this world anymore...I'm not attached with anyone except the lord. I want hime to take me away from here.

I want you people to give me some advice. What should I do????????

satay
13 July 2008, 11:51 PM
Hello Krish,

Welcome to the forum. Which part of Mauritius are you from? I had several friends in university from Mauritius.

The best thing to do in this situation is to seek professional help and guidance. Mauritius has several professionals that can help you.

The forum and members of the forum are not qualified to help you in such personal matters.
Thanks,

ps: suicide in any situation is NOT recommended by the Lord.

devotee
14 July 2008, 07:12 AM
Helloo,
But I still feel like committing suicide because I don't want to live in this world anymore...I'm not attached with anyone except the lord. I want hime to take me away from here.

Namaste Krish,
You want to commit suicide because you don't want to live in this world any more. That means you are troubled with something in this world. That also assumes that after-life must be better than what you are going through now in this world.

What makes you think that the "life" after death will be better than the present "bad" life ? If you are getting rid of all troubles just by committing suicide then I think that must be a good bargain. But what I am seeing is that your problems are going to increase manyfold by taking any such step. As you have studied Gita, please remember that there are not two different things like "life" & "death" which can be differentiated the way you are thinking except being with "body" in one state & being without body in the other. Whatever situation you are in today is because of your past actions & this proves that this situation can improve or deteriorate further depending upon your present actions. After death, there is little scope of improving your lot, you can be only the enjoyer or sufferer of the actions you have committed.

Getting human life is rare. Don't waste it with such thoughts. There cannot be any bad situation which cannot be improved upon. And this life is a chance to not only improve but to even re-write your entire life story. This human life is the only life which gives the chance to the greatest sinner to become a revered saint. It is this life only where you have opportunity to change your defeat into a win. Who knows you may not get this opportunity again in another milion life-times ! We must know "Who we are" before we say goodbye. The Truth is that you are ever pure, untainted by any sin, blissful, all powerful, the Brahmana, the ONE without a Second. You feel that you are dirty is just an illusion. Shake off this illusion & identify yourself.

I will suggest a few things :

1) Follow Satay's advice. It will help.
2) Things are sure to become worse by committing suicide. You cannot escape your Karmas like this. You are going to plunge into deeper troubles by taking your life or even thinking about any such step.
3) Read Ramana Maharishi's "Who Am I", Nisarga Datta's "I am That", & try to figure out who you really are. Join some Non-duality forum.

Wish you all the best ...

OM

rmystic
14 July 2008, 12:36 PM
kryss712

Namaste

Satay is right that members of this forum are not qualified to help you in such a personal thing that you are going through. Seek people in your area who can help you because there are people in this world who have the sympathy (and empathy) for those who contemplate suicide. They are there for you.

It is a wonderful thing that you stopped holding anger toward God. The Absolute is so forgiving and can come to life in you during this incarnation. None of us can be turned away by the Absolute.

Detachment is a very good thing and so is not desiring this world (and the body) anymore. But, you must experience God in this incarnation. Being absorbed in the Absolute will keep you from being affected by this world. Remember that detachment does not involve hatred toward this world/body at all; it involves not being affected by any of it.

Bhagavad-Gita is a wonderful little book and I am happy that you have found it to be helpful and even useful. I also felt like it was the will of God for me to obtain a copy; I know exactly what you mean when you wrote I think it was god's will.

My favorite verses of the Gita are 8:14-16, 9:29, 9:34, 11:55, and 12:8.