PDA

View Full Version : Punjab Kesari Invaded by Aryans!

satay
15 July 2008, 11:25 AM
namaste,

As a young child and as a teenager, I used to read 'punjab kesari', a Hindi newspaper. Just this morning I thought to look for its presence on the Internet and sure enough my beloved paper is now online (though in English).

I was quick to notice the red 'om' icon under religion on the left hand side menu and eagerly clicked on it to read about what the kesari has to say about religions. Next clicked on 'hinduism' and found this page...

http://www.punjabkesari.com/Religion/hinduism.htm

I present a quote here from that page (bolding mine).

" It evolved from the Vedic religion of ancient India. Though the various Hindu sects each rely on their own set of scriptures, they all revere the ancient Vedas, which were brought to India by Aryan invaders after 1200 BC. "

What sort of nonsense is this!

saidevo
15 July 2008, 11:39 AM
Namaste Satay.

There is a proverb in Tamil: "You can wake up one who is sleeping, but not one who pretends that he is sleeping."

While we take on the missionary and political adharmic forces, some of our own Bharatiya establishments choose to retain their ignorance and indifference. What to do with them?

satay
15 July 2008, 01:24 PM
Namaskar,

What to do with them?

I sent them a note via their feedback form, however, not holding my breath for a response.