PDA

View Full Version : Namaste Everyone :-)

Hemant
19 August 2008, 01:36 AM
Namaste,

My name is Marcus and I have joined so I can learn more about Hindu Dharma and find answers to the mountain of questions I have. I haven't formally joined Hinduism yet but I intend to.

As a "western Hindu" I am interested to find out about peoples attitudes to a white guy a) going to a mandir/temple b) taking a Hindu/Indian name c) potentially wishing to have an arranged marriage with a Hindu woman. d) doing these things at 35 years of age. I am interested in views about these from everyone (Indian and western).

I hope to make many friends here.

Marcus / Hemant

devotee
19 August 2008, 02:00 AM
Namaste Hemant,

Welcome to Hindu religion & also to this forum. :)

Don't be concerned about what people think, otherwise your views will get unnecessarily influenced by their thoughts. You should not take decision on what others think about your actions ... it is more important to be convinced whether what you are doing is right for you. And I am sure you have taken the right step.

May God bless you ...

OM

Ohduss
24 August 2008, 01:13 AM
Hi Marcus,
It seems we have a great deal in common. I am a "Western Hindu" and may have some answers for you. I am a Caucasian male and married to a Sikh. I have been welcomed in both the Gurudwara and the Mandir.
I have been a Hindu at heart for as long as I can remember, but was not aware that it wasn the Hindu religion that aligned with my beliefs, therefor I am a new Hindu by the term of the word, although I am not a convert. I would be happy to answer any questions that I may have some knowledge about.
Ohduss