PDA

View Full Version : Hello there.

Fenrisbane
19 August 2008, 01:21 PM
Namaste everyone!

I'm a Swedish teacher trainee who is quite interested in the fascinating religion known as hinduism, or sanatan dharma. I'd like to learn more about it, but quickly realized that a copy of the Bhagavad Gita and Wikipedia would only take me so far. To learn more I would have to talk with people into the religion, and what with there being exceedingly few hindus in Sweden, this forum seemed like the logical choice.

Peace!

yajvan
19 August 2008, 02:07 PM
hari oṁ हरिॐ

Namaste everyone!

I'm a Swedish teacher trainee who is quite interested in the fascinating religion known as hinduism, or sanatan dharma. I'd like to learn more about it, but quickly realized that a copy of the Bhagavad Gita and Wikipedia would only take me so far. To learn more I would have to talk with people into the religion, and what with there being exceedingly few hindus in Sweden, this forum seemed like the logical choice.

Peace!
Namaste Fennrisbane,

Welcome to HDF. There is a plethora of knowledge and information here on this site. A good approch initially is to poke around a bit and get a feel for the various schools of thought we discuss.
See what you think. I hope to see and read some of your posts. Let us know what you think of HDF.

pranams

Fenrisbane
19 August 2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the welcome, yajvan!

Having poked around for a while, I have to say that I like what I see. There's debates going on in a variety of topics, people appear articulate and knowledgeable, it simply looks like a good place to be at, all things considered.

Znanna
19 August 2008, 07:56 PM
Welcome, Fenrisbane,

I'm no traditional Hindu, but I've found great understanding and insight here.

Hope you do, too!

Namaste,
ZN

Fenrisbane
20 August 2008, 04:14 AM
Thank you. Seems that I'm learning already.