PDA

View Full Version : A proper introduction *Quite Long!!*

unacceptable
11 June 2006, 01:09 PM
I have already introduced myself but i want to introduce myself properly this time. Explain a bit more thoroughly.

I'm Amy and I'm 15 years old. Although that sounds young i personally I'm a bit old for my age:D
I have studied many religions in the past and even tried them out. Heres what went wrong:
Christianity: I first was Catholic and it just didn't fit me or my life what so ever. And then i converted to Church of England and when i did i realised that i didn't particularly believe in God. I just kept telling myself i did because i wanted a religion so badly and to fit to it. But now i don't believe in what can't be proved. I thought this was the only religion possible for me as i thought religions like Hinduism and Buddhism was for people of an Asian Ethnic.

Then i was a Wiccan: I enjoyed this religion a hell of a lot. I'm a spiritual person and believed this was the path for me. After time i drifted away from it- like i said i started only believing in things that could be proven and magic and so on could not so i lost belief in Wiccan.

After this i never got in to any religion as such but i read about lots of different ones such as Satanism- Many people Judge satanists for being Evil people but they are not. They just believe in the devil. I never followed this path what so ever because i don't believe in the Devil/God Heaven/Hell.
After meeting a new friend (who is white/English) she told me how she was a Hindu. Then i realised that you don't have to be Asian to follow more Eastern paths.

Ive currently been reading about Hinduism but again the problem with beliefs and i didn't believe in their Gods what so ever.
Thats how i got in to Buddhism. I love it as its a philosophy more then a religion. and there is no Gods etc- its more of a way of life. I belief in the Buddha and he was real. I also believe in reaching Nirvana through meditation (like i said a bit up I'm quite spiritual).
Although I'm not as of yet dedicating myself to Buddhism i think this is a religion i will get on with quite well and i want to learn more about it.

I have bought the book ' Buddhism - pure and simple' by Steve Hagen (note written by an English person) and I'm going to read that to make things clearer.
I'm looking forward to talking to more of you with a better understanding.
Amy XxX

Edit- I wanted to add it may get rather annoying me keep on asking questions

Bhakti Yoga Seeker
11 June 2006, 03:37 PM
Interesting. Well welcome aboard here. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about Hinduism (or anything else) and feel free to share more of your experiences. I'm sure there are plenty of people here who would be glad to answer them. Namaste. :) ~BYS~

Gill Harley
11 June 2006, 04:09 PM
Amy

I'm pleased to make the acquaintance of someone who's got their head screwed on as straight as you. I wish I could say the same for myself at your age. However, it's taken me a long time to see a bit more clearly.

Just keep asking the questions, Amy....and just keep insisting on seeing and experiencing the God that people talk about when they tell you that their way is THE way and you should follow what they say. Continue to insist on the truth and not just a comfortable, or trendy, lifestyle that fools you that you are making progress. Keep on unpackaging everything and getting it down to its component parts, in order to get to the root of it. Don't accept any false imitations. And you'll be just fine.

All good wishes to you! :)