PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

yajvan
29 August 2008, 07:20 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

I was posed this question: Let's say you were King, Like Yudiṣṭhira (one that is calm in battle) of the Mahābhārata, but in today's modern age.
Your sovereignty ( authority) is not challenged , it's absolute. What are some of the things you would do as King?

Would you make changes? If so which ones? What are your top priorities? There is no right answer… this does give you the liberty to think freely.

Any notions or ideas you would like to share?

pranams

yajvan
31 August 2008, 02:42 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

I guess we live in sat yuga and all is right with the world.

http://larryavisbrown.homestead.com/files/krishna_arjuna_conchshells.jpg

bhargavsai
03 September 2008, 01:35 AM
There are quite a few things which I would like to do...

They are in below post.

bhargavsai
03 September 2008, 01:35 AM
First of all I would try to distribute the wealth equally among all people.

Then I would establish an educational system like Gurukulas, and these Gurukulas should be open air schools.

Then I would include subjects which glorify our culture, because what modern Indians(under western culture influence) lack is self-respect and have deep inferiority complex, and through education and knowing the greatness of our culture they can have self respect.

Then I would focus more on Village and poor people development by distributing the finances of IT and other sectors for Village development works.

These are few things which I will focus...

yajvan
04 September 2008, 09:02 PM
Hari Oṁ
~~~~~~

First of all I would try to distribute the wealth equally among all people.

Then I would establish an educational system like Gurukulas, and these Gurukulas should be open air schools.

Then I would include subjects which glorify our culture, because what modern Indians(under western culture influence) lack is self-respect and have deep inferiority complex, and through education and knowing the greatness of our culture they can have self respect.

Then I would focus more on Village and poor people development by distributing the finances of IT and other sectors for Village development works.

These are few things which I will focus...

Namaste bhargavsai

A very noble list.
I think what I would do is gather a group of advisers. Preferably muni-s with enlightened vision. I would talk to them about my intentions, the improvement of society by the advancement of one's spiritual development.

I would put spiritual regeneration at the top of my list and ask for their guidance of the best way to pursue this.
I would ask for their help to garner a team that would structure plans to assist our society with puruṣārtha - the four aims of life.
I would also create a group formed of 'regular people' and ask what is giving them the most grief and look to ways to remove obstacles to personal progress.
I would make the Kingdom energy independent - all power ( or at least 90%) to be run by solar , wind, bio-fuels, wave energy, natural gas and the like.
Education would be on the top of my list. Education of the sciences, math, Vedic Science, the śastra-s, āgama-s and the like.
Happiness would not be a goal, but a way of life.
There would be no homeless under this rule.
Health would abound - all healthcare would be offered, yet little would be needed as Ayurvedic principles would be the standard of health.
The objective would be a balanced life, full of health, peace and the pursuit of the higher values offered to the family of man.
Unity and the diversity of life would be appreciated and lived.pranams

bhargavsai
06 September 2008, 05:02 AM
Sir,

Why don't you contest in elections? This is my serious advice, I think you have good ideas with you, and as you are intent on serving people selflessly, then why don't you contest in elections? As they say every big thing starts step by step, similarly your one step may inspire many others to join politics and help people.

yajvan
06 September 2008, 10:45 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Sir,

Why don't you contest in elections? This is my serious advice, I think you have good ideas with you, and as you are intent on serving people selflessly, then why don't you contest in elections? As they say every big thing starts step by step, similarly your one step may inspire many others to join politics and help people.

Namaste bhargavsai
Thank you for your post and your idea... I am in the USA. I am active in politics yet have no desire to enter politics. It is my opinion that one's responsibility is to be an active citizen e.g. voting, working with your representatives, talking to others about the issues , voicing concern and providing feedback to the State and Federal agencies.
This I have been doing for some time. I have seen progress but not the kind I mention in my last post.

The way to change & improve society is also from the inside out ( so says my teacher), improving Consciousness. So I try and do both. Being an active citizen and an active sadhu. I do my part the best I can as the citizen; as a sadhu I help the Collective Consciousness of society by my sadhana ( as does every other meditator, sadhu, and practitioner). This is working at the collective level, but contributions done on the individual level.

Like an orchestra - each person plays their instrument , and collectively a symphony is born. Like that. All of us are part of that orchestra. Yet some still are a bit off key and this resonates through the symphony that is being played. The goal is to have all the players in-tune.

This tuning comes at the personal level and collective level of society. The 'tuning' is done by aligning one-self with one's SELF. Then the Orchestra Leader is the Supreme , and no one is off-key.

pranams

bhargavsai
07 September 2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks sir for the knowledge. I would like to follow these things in my life.

Om Namaha Shivaya.
Om Namo Chamundaya Namaha.

satay
25 September 2008, 10:23 PM
Namaskar,
Would you guys like to submit your ideas here at the Google Project?

http://www.project10tothe100.com/index.html

Good Luck and Make a difference!