PDA

View Full Version : Urdhvareta

Atman
01 September 2008, 04:24 AM
I read that it takes 12 years, but this is an incredibally difficult task. Also one has to transcend the astral state, which is far more difficult, anyone else finding this hard, I am trying very hard to control sex desire, I hear your outer world also improves with continence.

bhargavsai
03 September 2008, 02:13 AM
The more you try to suppress the sexual desires the more sexual desire will bounce back. What we need is not suppression. We need to keep mind doing pure works. We need to enjoy the pure things. Keep your mind busy doing pure works.

12 years is nearly impossible task, but we can do it.

Atman
05 September 2008, 01:58 PM
We can, with grace. I do hope to beat my year record +. I am gradually feeling good.

anandunnik
14 June 2009, 11:54 AM
namaste this anandunnik......urdva retas comes with brahmacarya lifestyle....which is not supression of sexual desire alone.....it takes years to get trained with tremenduous bhakthi towards one ista devata....like ramalinga vallalar...or siddha yogi pattinathar....coupled with hatha and rajayoga ..disceriphering every thought process....an ability with comes from japa and mediatation and by god's grace...so brahmacarya is a lifestyle.....in our times..sawmi viarajeshwara of hamsa ashram an yogi paramahamsa sanyasi is an example...he is the only jivan mukta alive..around in his late 80's.....very strict saint......pix could be had from hamsa ashram.com......he was a scientist... an computer engineer ..he was in the team which developed 2nd generation IBM computers....he is a purna yogi.....who has atma jnana...mentioned in scriptures......
so 12 years time means.....total dediacation...if one wants brahma jnana...complete surrender to the devatha should be there.....at the end of 12 years...one will become humble......with only thought of god and nothing else.. everthing else will leave u...sex will vanish...with the understanding of operation of tattwas and viveka khyathi(witnessing consiciounness from inside)......connected with arousal of kundalini...by the garce of devi......srimmatre namah