PDA

View Full Version : Colliding To Find The Truth

yajvan
12 September 2008, 09:21 PM
Hari oṁ
~~~~~

Namaste,

This week I had the good fortune to watch several programs regarding the formation of universe, the composition of matter, etc. The theme this week was due to the new CERN Hadon Collider.

The programs had much to do about sub-atomic particles, quantum physics, gravity, all the things that I enjoy trying to comprehend.

The thing I find most interesting is the obvious question that is consistently avoided. Let me explain with a visual example. When the cosmologists and physicists talk of the beginning of the universe they suggest the Big Bang. That all matter, energy, time and space is squeezed into a sphere no larger then an atom. This was the first time I actually heard someone give that dimension over the last ten years.

That said, the visual they use is this small bright dot that is setting in an ocean of black-ness, emptiness. Now perhaps they wish to use another example or visual, but they may think for the layman, this is the best way to depict this 'beginning' graphically. My observations are the following.

What is that point, that dot or sphere resting in? Is it space or ākāśa ( pure void)? Well according to the scientists, space resides within the dot or sphere, the pre-universe ( my word not theirs). Space has not been created yet. But when this dot expands, what is it expanding into if not space?
The dot, how long was it there?
Where did that reside before it was a dot?
How did that dot get created?For me there is something conspicuously missing with this notion of the Big Bang, and the few ideas I offer above are never addressed ( as far as I have seen). I am not perplexed by all this as my knowledge of how this creation comes and goes rests in the knowledge of the veda-s, yet I could not express this phenomenon mathematically to anyone.

This is what the scientists are aiming at - a set of ideas, theories and equations that explain everything that surrounds us. Yet I find it interesting that scientists, that are inquisitive by nature, leave these questions alone. Why so? There are no tools that allow them to see or measure a hypothesis that addresses the origin of the universe, so it is not addressed.

Many talk of 'the origin of the universe' and trace it back to time zero. So they choose to call that the origin. I think this only addresses 1/2 the story. The same way we can trace back a human to an embryo, the embryo is not the total story, as we must address how that embryo came about to be compete in our understanding of 'origin'.

Sooner or later, even if they find all the essential particles they believe will come from the super particle collider - the final question is where did that particle come from? It is my belief the scientists are leaving out the laboratory of Consciousness as a viable tool in their quest for the Creation of this universe.

Yet the amount of data they will generate will keep them busy for years to come. Sooner or later that will have to address these questions mentioned, but for now their new $10 billion collider will keep them looking for the origin that resides within the material part of their formulas,within the 'created' and not the Creator.

Any opinions?

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Photos/061229/061229_lhc_hmed_6p.jpg

Reference site: http://wordpress.com/tag/physics/2/ (http://wordpress.com/tag/physics/2/)