PDA

View Full Version : which is goog..?

raviraj
14 September 2008, 09:04 AM
hallow respected guru ji's,
iam in a confusion that which is good food? vegitarian or nonvegitarian.
in our hindu dharma ppl says we have to eat only vegitarian food.
because we do't have to kill any animals.
but my question is like animals plants are also living creatures then why
we kill them for food .both are same kind of crimes na?

yajvan
14 September 2008, 11:34 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

hallow respected guru ji's,
iam in a confusion that which is good food? vegitarian or nonvegitarian.
in our hindu dharma ppl says we have to eat only vegitarian food.
because we do't have to kill any animals.
but my question is like animals plants are also living creatures then why
we kill them for food .both are same kind of crimes na?

Namaste raviraj

this HDF Post may help: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=572 (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=572)

The 'theme' is to do the least amount of harm. Now for some meat eating is considered okay. I do not take issue with others as they have to be responsibile for the actions they take.

Also this was just posted in another conversation, and perhaps it is relevent:
Yudhiṣṭhira asks a range of questions to Bhīṣma. Yet with a new round of conversation instituted by Yudhiṣṭhira, Bhīṣma tells him, here comes Bṛ́haspátiš (Brihaspati or Brahmanaspati, some also write Vrihaspati) none else is better then explaining the matter that you have requested of me, says Bhīṣma.

Yudhiṣṭhira adresses Bṛ́haspáti with questions - this occurs in section CXI of the Anusasana Parva. Yet the one that is the intent of this post comes in section CXIII :

Yudhiṣṭhira asks, ' absence of injury, the observance of yajya, meditation,etc. - which one of these are filled with the greatest merit for the individial? '

Bṛ́haspáti talks of the merits of these virtues, yet says the following: One should never do that to another which one regards as injurious to one's own self.
He continues and says , this in brief is the rule of dharma.

Just prior to this statement Bṛ́haspáti says, that man who regards all creatures as his own self, and behaves towards them as towards one-self laying aside the rod of chastisement and completely subjugating his wrath, succeeds in attaining to happiness.

pranams