PDA

View Full Version : That is you- TATTVAMASI

brahman
26 September 2008, 05:26 AM
Finding the YOU in you,

You must have seen your face on a mirror for sure, everyone knows that it is unreal and just an image reflected on it, still you trust the mirror and do makeup and make yourself stylish.

Please understand the fact that you have not seen your body with your own eyes, for example your forehead, your chin ,cheeks and the upper eyelid etc...

Tattvamasi works out only when you see yourself without the help of a mirror. That is only possible thru meditation, do meditate upon GOD and you will definitely find the self.

Please note these things when you mediate;

1) concentrate on certain power which leads you thru out,
do trust that particular power and think the one you have chosen is the ultimate power

2) chant
aum
or
aum namo narayanaaya nama ha
would surely help you controlling the breath(prana yama).

3) do not fix a time for meditation, do it whenever you feel like

ideal time would be;
traveling in bus train boat plain etc..
sitting in the office on a dilemma
try to find at-least five minutes after or before bed

You are not necessary to be on asana(yoga)s to do it, even when you are walking, eating, sitting, standing..
because you gonna see the SELF with your mind, intellect and soul which lives in you, it is not even close but in you itself.

The god is the ultimate guru which is infallible
"tattvamasi" or "that is you" means you are the supreme godhead, which is infallible as well

I conclude it with the say that "you are your ultimate guru" you learn knowledge from yourself.

Give a try on mediation and rest will happen by itself, because the god is on you itself, that is more above the senses, mind and the intellect.

"my life is my message" Maha ATMA Gandhi,
remember his life or his karma or his work is his message not his books and says. That is the confidence shown by Mahatma, scroll thru out his life and you will surely find that he totally committed upon god and was only serving the god.

stop thinking about being a yogi and be a yogi.

Please note: this advice is for a beginner only
Brahman

yajvan
26 September 2008, 10:51 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~

Please note these things when you mediate;

Namaste brahman,
thank you for your post... I have a different view on this matter.
It is posted at http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=622 (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=622)

One can meditate at different times during the day, yet if the native is looking for results, then consider saṃdhyā¹.

pranams

1.saṃdhyā संध्या - juncture of the three divisions of the day (morning , noon , and evening) ; those instructed also consider the fouth junction of the day , turīya.

brahman
27 September 2008, 01:57 AM
Yajvan,

Please find this verse from the The Gita(11.53) and look what Bhagavan says;

"naham vedair na tapasa
na danena na cejyaya
sakya evam-vidho drastum
drstavan asi mam yatha"

TRANSLATION
The form which you are seeing with your transcendental eyes(the form only visible thru mediation) cannot be understood simply by studying the Vedas, nor by undergoing serious penances, nor by charity, nor by worship. It is not by these means that one can see Me as I am.

Yajvan, we aren't here to learn unlimited sciences but the most transcendental knowledge.

Look what Bhagavan adds to it;

"yoginam api sarvesam
mad-gatenantar-atmana
sraddhavan bhajate yo mam
sa me yuktatamo matah" 6: 47

TRANSLATION
And of all yogis, he who always abides in Me with great faith,
worshiping Me in transcendental loving service, is most intimately
united with Me in yoga and is the highest of all.

Your findings from the ancient literature sounds great, but in a way it is indigestible to most among us. It seems hard for them to learn it since they think(in illusion) that have a lot of other things to learn and they never find time for it.

what i am trying to discuss is the science of god

look what bhagavan says to it;

ananyas cintayanto mam
ye janah paryupasate
tesam nityabhiyuktanam
yoga-ksemam vahamy aham 9:22

TRANSLATION
... those who worship Me with devotion, meditating on My transcendental
form--to them I carry what they lack and preserve what they have.

Let me conclude this time with these verses(12: 6-7) below

"ye tu sarvani karmani
mayi sannyasya mat-parah
ananyenaiva yogena
mam dhyayanta upasate
tesam aham samuddharta
mrtyu-samsara-sagarat
bhavami na cirat partha
mayy avesita-cetasam"

TRANSLATION
For one who worships Me, giving up all his activities unto Me and being
devoted to Me without deviation, engaged in devotional service and
always meditating upon Me, who has fixed his mind upon Me, O man--for him I am the swift deliverer from the ocean of birth and
death.

Brahman

yajvan
28 September 2008, 03:59 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~

Namsaste brahman,

I have read your post... thank for the information from the Bhāgavad gītā. Yes, I have read what Kṛṣṇa says, yet am somewhat confounded as how your post is in concert with the information or my reply to your post.
Note the quote you offer

yoginam api sarvesam
mad-gatenantar-atmana
sraddhavan bhajate yo mam
sa me yuktatamo matah" 6: 47
TRANSLATION
And of all yogis, he who always abides in Me with great faith,
worshiping Me in transcendental loving service, is most intimately
united with Me in yoga and is the highest of all.

How do you think this occurs brahman ? i.e. this 'always' is a key term - that means 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, year-in-and-year-out. This says, absorbed in and established in sattā, Being. Please help us understand your approach for this to occur and what happens along the way.

You also mention
It seems hard for them to learn it since they think(in illusion) that have a lot of other things to learn and they never find time for it. Who are "them" and "they" ? And what do you offer or recommend other then to begin sādhana?

As you mention you wish to discuss the science of God... that is fine and is welcomed. You will find this occurs throughout HDF for the last several years. You have been a member since September and we welcome you. Yet have you taken some time to read the posts, consider the members, their orientation, their level of knowledge? Have you read the posts and made an assessment?

With good intentions, you offer an approach (below). You have offered excellent parts of the Bhāgavad gītā, yet these are advanced concepts. These advanced states rest upon the wisdom Kṛṣṇa offers in chapters 2 through 6.

To suggest ' concentrate' or choose any time for meditation without defining what you mean or an approach is fruitless. What do you mean to 'concentrate' ? How? on what? for how long? What if one is a Śaivite, or Śakta, or Vaishṇvite? Is the guidence the same?

And Chanting. Are you suggesting japa or ajapa? And what should one expect? What are milestones along the way? Can you offer personal experiences, take questions? What is the routine? And what should one do if traveling and one transcends and becomes absorbed in samādhi?

I do not subscribe to the approach you offer, as I see it offers little discipline. Why do I mention this? Kṛṣṇa points out a disciplined approach ( Chapt 5, śloka 26 to 28) 'yata' - governed or control. This suggests routine. Kṛṣṇa points out in chapt 5 śloka 36, for an undisciplined man yoga is hard to achieve, but it can be achieved by the man of endevour who is disciplined. Kṛṣṇa uses the word vaśyātmanā. This vaś is to command + ātman in this application is defined as mind ( we also know it means ātman आत्मन् the soul , or essence) i.e. ātman indicates mind and intellect. Yet the widom of Kṛṣṇa's is most excellent as we look to the word in-bewtween vaśyātmanā. We find yat यत्- to keep pace, to comply. i.e. discipline. Hence Kṛṣṇa is pointing out to Arjuna that this yoga comes with vaśyātmanā - the one that is disciplined and with endeavor ( routine, one-pointedness, etc).
That is why I have mentioned in my previous post saṃdhyā or the juntion points of the day. Hence the disipline of a regular time and the wise tell us that turiya is accessed easier at this time. The junction points also offer a time when mind-body-environment is cooperating for a more fruitful meditative experience.

Now am I saying you are wrong? No, surely not, your POV and offers are welcomed. Yet this approach may work for you, but it is not a 'one size fits all' method. IMHO we need to avoid an offer that is like a doctor prescribing pills for a patient he has never seen.

I see your post as well intentioned, yet I am not clear of the recipe you offer and what the final dish will be when done.

1) concentrate on certain power which leads you through out, do trust that particular power and think the one you have chosen is the ultimate power

2) chant
aum
or
aum namo narayanaaya nama ha
would surely help you controlling the breath(prana yama).
ideal time would be;
traveling in bus train boat plain etc..
sitting in the office on a dilemma
try to find at-least five minutes after or before bed

pranams

brahman
03 October 2008, 03:32 AM
Yajvan,

"Baby walkers don't help babies walk earlier. In fact, walkers may even delay your baby's movement skill development or discourage him from learning to walk on his own."

this has been proved scientifically.

We should encourage the babies to walk by their own than explaining about marathon race and sprint race, we must Let them do it by themselves.
Once one gain some confidence on walking, please explain them about different kinds of walking and running if necessary.

Who are "them" and "they" ? And what do you offer or recommend other then to begin sādhana?

1) "them and they" are men live unconsciously unconscious on the absolute truth

2) You must have seen the disclaimer on the first post that it is for a beginner only. Recommendations exist only for those who have begun sādhana.

To suggest ' concentrate' or choose any time for meditation without defining what you mean or an approach is fruitless. 1) What do you mean to 'concentrate' ?2) How? 3) on what? 4) for how long? 5) What if one is a Śaivite, or Śakta, or Vaishṇvite? 6) Is the guidence the same?

1) concentrate upon god, .
2) control your working senses, then the mind. Your mind gradually strengthen up and you then be able to occur what you require, then the intellect and ultimately the soul will be achievable on continuation of mediation.
3) A believer of god doesn't need an explanation on what he should concentrate. On what one worships
4) Depends how long one can
5) Doesn't matter who, since the talk is open to all human
6) It is the same for all human

And Chanting. 1) Are you suggesting japa or ajapa? 2) And what should one expect? 3) What are milestones along the way? Can you offer personal experiences, take questions? What is the routine? And what should one do if traveling and one transcends and becomes absorbed in samādhi?

1) During meditation, japa is recommended.
2) One should not expect anything other than ultimate consciousness.
3) One coming from Kashmir/ cape comerin to a place in Mumbai city might see many milestones from many different places, the distance varies upon person to person depends where one stands. Of course some landmarks will help you find the target, but to understand any landmarks, at least one should enter the Mumbai city limit.
Moreover these are upanishad secrets, which is a secret itself and shall not be explained or taught over the internet, since it can create reverse impact on certain men.
I hope this answers the remanning questions

That is why I have mentioned in my previous post saṃdhyā or the juntion points of the day. Hence the disipline of a regular time and the wise tell us that turiya is accessed easier at this time. The junction points also offer a time when mind-body-environment is cooperating for a more fruitful meditative experience.

I understand it and also i agree to it, Yajvan, what you wrote is truth.

also please understand the fact that this discussion is over the world wide web, not in a gurukula, the premise is not limited or restricted to the authentic crowd, many walk in, peep in, scroll thru, go thru..... I believe the ultimate knowledge should be shared individually because,

"idam te natapaskaya
nabhaktaya kadacana
na casusrusave vacyam
na ca mam yo 'bhyasuyati" 18: 67

TRANSLATION
This confidential knowledge(please note that this verse is towards the end, so i believe that "this" stands for Ultimate) may not be explained to those who are not austere, or devoted, or engaged in devotional service, nor to one who is envious of Me.

Yet this approach may work for you, but it is not a 'one size fits all' method. IMHO we need to avoid an offer that is like a doctor prescribing pills for a patient he has never seen.

Nor doctor neither pill matters, the belief, an unshakable and an undoubtable trust in the absolute consciousness can cure any decease.
thats my opinion

"ajnas casraddadhanas ca
samsayatma vinasyati
nayam loko 'sti na paro
na sukham samsayatmanah" 4: 40

TRANSLATION
But ignorant and faithless persons who doubt the revealed scriptures do
not attain God consciousness. For the doubting soul there is happiness
neither in this world nor in the next.

2) chant
aum

"maharsinam bhrgur aham
giram asmy ekam aksaram
yajnanam japa-yajno 'smi
sthavaranam himalayah" 10: 25
TRANSLATION
Of the great sages I am Bhrgu; of vibrations I am the transcendental
aum. Of sacrifices I am the chanting of the holy names [japa], and of
immovable things I am the Himalayas."
so I don't think there is nothing wrong in chanting aum

Brahman

yajvan
03 October 2008, 01:16 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

"Baby walkers don't help babies walk earlier. In fact, walkers may even delay your baby's movement skill development or discourage him from learning to walk on his own."

Namaste brahman,
I am not certain of your post , message and approach...It is best I disengage.

pranams

brahman
03 October 2008, 02:14 PM
Yajvan, thanks indeed for your contribution, your questions were really interesting. Those were very appropriate and amazingly intentioned.
You may engage anytime if it can be of help for a seeker. Thanks once again

Brahman