PDA

View Full Version : Diwali?

satay
28 October 2008, 11:47 PM
Namaskar all,
How was your diwali this year? Did you have good fun?

:)

sm78
29 October 2008, 01:27 AM
I enjoyed my puja but was annoyed with excess of indulgence in fire crackers. This is my 2nd dewali in hyderabad and it seems excesses in this city quite exceeds my previous experiences in other cities of India. They started bursting crackers 2 days prior to dewali and it reached an unbearable peak on dewali evening. It was quite sad to see people burning their money (not all being rich either) in a country where a significant chunk lives below poverty line, which is facing an eminent food crisis, and not speak of the global economic meltdown. Environment might still bear it for a day.

Sudarshan
29 October 2008, 07:11 AM
It was a very slient Diwali this time compared with previous years. I think there wasn't any major celebrations in my neighbourhood. Normally I would stuff my ears with cotton wool on Diwali because I am a bit a;lergic to high sound but did not feel the need this time. Moreover it was a rainy Diwali so the activity was low. Normally, they burst fire crackers for upto five days ( two days on either side) but nothing like that this time.

I did not celebrate Diwali this time as my grandma passed away this year. So no new clothes, no crackers. We had pAyAsam, that is all for Diwali this year.

Best wishes to everyone.

reflections
29 October 2008, 09:42 AM
Namaste,
Tons of sweets, all the friends made different sweets and food, we lighted some crackles (not one which cause sound pollution, just little bit of air pollution.)
Then lighted Diyas and did a small puja. Called up family to have their blessing.
I miss India during Diwali.