PDA

View Full Version : Ram Ram

Ali
30 November 2008, 04:29 PM
Hello to everyone. My name is Ali and i thought i would join this beautiful forum. I am however a Muslim but, not here to criticize anyone because there is only one creator and we have come from him and to him is our return. Besides, my best friend is a Hindu and we have grown up together respecting each others Religion and beliefs.

I have a question in which someone can answer and i didn't want to ask my friend about this.

(1) Do Hindu believe in Adam and Eve?

Thank you and peace be with you all.

Znanna
30 November 2008, 07:35 PM
Namaste, ali,

To my understanding, Adam and Eve are entirely a Christian mythos.

Perhaps the more interesting question, is *what* one may believe deriving from that story and what inferred meaning there may be obtained?

ZN/neither Hindu nor Xn, so take it for what it's worth :)

devotee
01 December 2008, 07:10 AM
Hello to everyone. My name is Ali and i thought i would join this beautiful forum. I am however a Muslim but, not here to criticize anyone because there is only one creator and we have come from him and to him is our return. Besides, my best friend is a Hindu and we have grown up together respecting each others Religion and beliefs.

I have a question in which someone can answer and i didn't want to ask my friend about this.

(1) Do Hindu believe in Adam and Eve?

Thank you and peace be with you all.

Namaste Ali,

No, we don't believe in Adam & Eve & the story of Paradise as written in Abrahmic scriptures.

May God bless you ...

OM

Ali
01 December 2008, 08:29 AM
Please tell me what Hindu's believe in?

How did everything start?

atanu
01 December 2008, 08:54 AM
Please tell me what Hindu's believe in?

How did everything start?

Namaste and Salam,

Welcome Ali.

You can search and go through the topics you are interested in or you can ask specific questions. There are frictions in a single family, so expect some. But please persevere and remain here, if you are genuine.

Pardon me my last word above, since in these troubled times skepticism is the natural outcome.

But let me ask you one thing, which I have had wish to understand for some time. What is the meaning of Amin in Islam? Is it just a name or has it some other significance also? What is its meaning?

Om

reflections
01 December 2008, 08:58 AM
Namaste Ali,
Interesting question. I would try to answer it.

We believe that Brahman(God), the Absolute is the transcended, cosmic spirit and is material and instrumental cause of the universe. Brahmanda means Universe, but Brahmanda can be translated as Cosmic Egg. Which means Manifestation of Absolute. So, before the Creation God was Unmanifestated, at the time of creation he became manifested. If we refer to 'Purush Sukta', God is reffered as 'Purusha', Cosmic Person and it is shown that How the Cosmos eminates from him.

If we refer Purana, we have various stories explaining these truths in simple terms with the aid of different stories. It recognizes three aspects of Absolute in 3 deities, Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh responsible for creation, maintainance, and dissolution of the Universe.

Advaita tradition believes that the whole cosmos and Universe is illusion. Only absolute reality, Brahman exists. We see such differences because of our ignorance and the day we realise our true form, we return to that Absolute as a drop returning to sea. Something like 'Dunya and Akhira'. :)

This is Rig veda creation hymm. It is bit long:

"Then was not non-existence nor existence: there was no realm of air, no sky beyond it. What covered in, and where? and what gave shelter? Was water there, unfathomed depth of water? Death was not then, nor was there aught immortal: no sign was there, the day's and night's divider. That One Thing, breathless, breathed by its own nature: apart from it was nothing whatsoever. Darkness there was at first concealed in darkness this. All was indiscriminated chaos. All that existed then was void and form less: by the great power of Warmth was born that Unit. Thereafter rose Desire in the beginning, Desire, the primal seed and germ of Spirit. Sages who searched with their heart's thought discovered the existent's kinship in the non-existent. Transversely was their severing line extended: what was above it then, and what below it? There were begetters, there were mighty forces, free action here and energy up yonder. Who verily knows and who can here declare it, whence it was born and whence comes this creation? The devas are later than this world's production. Who knows then whence it first came into being? He, the first origin of this creation, whether he formed it all or did not form it, Whose eye controls this world in highest heaven, he verily knows it, or perhaps he knows not"

As such Hinduism do not have problem with evolution. Not in strictly Darwinian materialistic sense, but we believe that all of us might have started as primitive life forms, then we gradually move to more complex and intellectual life forms as our conciousness evolves spiritually through rebirths.

From a Muslim Perspective, this can be compared to Shirk, as Hindu Philosopy believe whatever that exists is part and parcel of God and Islam teaches that Creator is always different than creation. But, then it is better to move ahead on the path which suits one's orientation as ultimately we all are going to the same God.

Regards,
reflections

reflections
01 December 2008, 09:03 AM
Namaste Ali,
I forgot to tell you welcome (Salam :) )
Hope your stay here is beneficial and we also get to know many things from you.

Ali
01 December 2008, 09:43 AM
Namaste and Salam,
But let me ask you one thing, which I have had wish to understand for some time. What is the meaning of Amin in Islam? Is it just a name or has it some other significance also? What is its meaning?
Om

The name Al-Amin means Trustworthy. The name Al Amin was given to him (Prophet Muhammad) because of his faithfulness, honesty and like i said trustworthy.

Namaste Ali,
Interesting question. I would try to answer it.

We believe that Brahman(God), the Absolute is the transcended, cosmic spirit and is material and instrumental cause of the universe. Brahmanda means Universe, but Brahmanda can be translated as Cosmic Egg. Which means Manifestation of Absolute. So, before the Creation God was Unmanifestated, at the time of creation he became manifested. If we refer to 'Purush Sukta', God is reffered as 'Purusha', Cosmic Person and it is shown that How the Cosmos eminates from him.

If we refer Purana, we have various stories explaining these truths in simple terms with the aid of different stories. It recognizes three aspects of Absolute in 3 deities, Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh responsible for creation, maintainance, and dissolution of the Universe.

Advaita tradition believes that the whole cosmos and Universe is illusion. Only absolute reality, Brahman exists. We see such differences because of our ignorance and the day we realise our true form, we return to that Absolute as a drop returning to sea. Something like 'Dunya and Akhira'. :)

This is Rig veda creation hymm. It is bit long:

"Then was not non-existence nor existence: there was no realm of air, no sky beyond it. What covered in, and where? and what gave shelter? Was water there, unfathomed depth of water? Death was not then, nor was there aught immortal: no sign was there, the day's and night's divider. That One Thing, breathless, breathed by its own nature: apart from it was nothing whatsoever. Darkness there was at first concealed in darkness this. All was indiscriminated chaos. All that existed then was void and form less: by the great power of Warmth was born that Unit. Thereafter rose Desire in the beginning, Desire, the primal seed and germ of Spirit. Sages who searched with their heart's thought discovered the existent's kinship in the non-existent. Transversely was their severing line extended: what was above it then, and what below it? There were begetters, there were mighty forces, free action here and energy up yonder. Who verily knows and who can here declare it, whence it was born and whence comes this creation? The devas are later than this world's production. Who knows then whence it first came into being? He, the first origin of this creation, whether he formed it all or did not form it, Whose eye controls this world in highest heaven, he verily knows it, or perhaps he knows not"

As such Hinduism do not have problem with evolution. Not in strictly Darwinian materialistic sense, but we believe that all of us might have started as primitive life forms, then we gradually move to more complex and intellectual life forms as our conciousness evolves spiritually through rebirths.

From a Muslim Perspective, this can be compared to Shirk, as Hindu Philosopy believe whatever that exists is part and parcel of God and Islam teaches that Creator is always different than creation. But, then it is better to move ahead on the path which suits one's orientation as ultimately we all are going to the same God.
Regards,
reflections

Excellent information and very well put together.

Namaste Ali,
I forgot to tell you welcome (Salam :) )
Hope your stay here is beneficial and we also get to know many things from you.

Thank you so much and yes hopefully it will be beneficial to me as well to learn more about Hinduism.