PDA

View Full Version : Guru's transit to Capricorn (Maraka)

yajvan
08 December 2008, 07:00 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~

Namaste

ॐ बृं वृहस्पतये नमः
(oṁ) briṁ Vṛhaspataye namaḥ

The transit (sankramana - to move across, commence movement ) of Guru i.e. Jupiter, Bṛhaspati¹, transits into Capricorn (Makara¹) this week.
This will occur Tuesday, December 9th at 19:23 UTC ( GMT). For the USA this is 11:23 CST, for India , Chennai it is 12:53 AM , the 10th of December.

Guru is considered the greatest benefic of the navgraha-s ( 9 graha-s¹ or planets); Bṛhaspati, also written Vṛhaspati is lord of prayer and
devotion. He is also very sattvic ( pure ). Guru brings the fruits of past actions ( via the 5th house aspect) and that of present actions ( 9th house aspect).
Guru owns the tattva of ākāśa , my most favorite element. This ākāśa is pure space. Without it nothing has a place to exist in. The space for the universe, the space for thoughts, etc.

Many ask will this transist be favorable? That cannot be answered easily as it has to be framed within one's chart. That is , will the transit of Guru be through one's 1st house or 5th, or 12th? How strong is that house ( in bindu-s). Are there other graha in that bhava? What aspects does it incur? And were does Jupiter reside in other varga-s ( or amsa-s) divisional charts?

We do know that Guru will be transiting through the natural 10th house ( that is, counting from Aries) and is a artha house . This rasi is owned by śani (saturn) the 'slow moving one'. The 10th house is that of career, also a artha (wealth matters), and earth tattva (pṛithvī mahābhūta).

So, much can be said, but in general ( really general ):

The transit of Jupiter in the 9th, 11th, 10th, 1st, 5th, 7th and 4th AND the houses that are 5th, 7th and 9th from thouse houses are considered favorable.
The transit of Jupiter in the 3rd, 6th, 8th, of 12th 4th AND the houses that are 5th, 7th and 9th from thouse houses are considered house is considered unfavorable.
Jupiter's aspect to other graha-s are considered favorable i.e. stimulates good influences. This can be done by sight (aspects) or by conjuction ( passing over the graha in the same house).
We do know that with this transit Jupiter/Guru enters the rasi (sign) of debility i.e. Capricorn. This debility is also called nīca नीच (neecha) as debilitated, or lowest point. This must be considered for the above general rules just outlined.
Yet a special rule for those with Scorpio lagna… This passing of Guru will be through the 3rd house (Capricorn) and will aspect the 9th house, Cancer. From my teacher he suggests this is a favorable transit for the sadhu. A favorable time to meet the guru, one's spiritual advisor, teachers, etc. that may advance one's development. One other point to consider on this matter. This debility called nīca नीच (neecha) also suggest humble-ness. Perhaps for the Scorpio langa, this humbleness begins to mature which makes ready for the guru to arrive.ॐ बृं वृहस्पतये नमः
(oṁ) briṁ Vṛhaspataye namaḥ ( Guru's seed or bīja mantra)
Note the 'V' sound is a cross between 'B' and 'V' sound

pranams

words

Makara मकर- a kind of sea creature ; the 10th sign of the natural zodiac (Capricorn). Ma+kara - Ma as a noun is considered welfare, happiness +kara is doer, that act of doing. We can see how this is associated with the 10th sign. The 10 th house is of one's career; actions (kara) that bring welfare (ma). And śani is the kāraka ( the doer, the indicator, instrumental in bringing about an action) of labor and work.
graha ग्रह- seizing , laying hold of , holding i.e. a graha ~seizes~ or influences the circumstances of the native. This is done via the tattva they manage and control.
Bṛhaspati bṛ́has-páti बृहस्पति bráhmanas-páti - lord of prayer , chief offerer of prayer and yajya (worship).

raviraj
30 September 2009, 12:28 AM
dear sir/medam,

what if native chart having guru in 10th house(makara ) along with sun . It means guru is necha as well as asta. what are it's effects.aries ancedent.