PDA

View Full Version : Are cops/soldiers more dangerous than terrorists?

Infinite Regress
23 December 2008, 04:51 AM
Cops have authority, terrorists don't. Cops have the badge, terrorists don't. Which means, cops can do anything and get away with it.:o You can shoot terrorists (in self-defense), but if you shoot a cop in self-defense, even a bad one, you'll be in jail.

Point being, cops are everywhere, they can stop an innocent man and harass him, no questions asked. At least, terrorists don't have that much power.

Part of the reason why I fear cops, soldiers, and politicians more than I do terrorists. Terrorists have to break the law to hurt you, whereas cops can hurt you under the pretext of maintaining the law:mad:, under the pretext of doing good, they can harm innocent people. This makes them more dangerous.

So who's gonna protect us from the protectors?:(

sm78
23 December 2008, 06:14 AM
You should relax and rejoice to the fact that MCC terrorists are doing rather good against unarmed or extremely poorly armed cops of this country with their China and Pak supplied rifles and land mines.

With maoists like MCC, jehadis like Indian Mujahudeen, intellectuals like you, politicians like '"the sikh".... I really wonder, who is really there to protect us?

simex
23 December 2008, 09:55 AM
"Punishment is legalized crime." - Nisargadatta

What difference does it make if one has authority and the other does not? They both believe they have authority. Both are under the illusion that there is something they MUST do, and that this thing is so important that they can harm other people to affect the desired end.

The cop believes it is so important to stop a fleeing traffic violator, so he speeds through busy streets, endangering innocents.

The terrorist believes it is so important to defend Islam from the infidels, so he blows himself up amidst a sea of innocents.

The school child believes it is so important to be cool, so he beats another child who threatens his standing in the social hierarchy.

The Baboon believes it is so important to protect her child, so she clubs the snake with a rock.

You believe that it is so important to eat a good meal, so you throw away the scraps while others starve.

The universe is built on violence. Galaxies collide in fiery explosions to create new worlds, the bird catches the insect to feed her young, your blood cells fight bacteria to keep you alive. These are all different shades of the same thing.

yajvan
23 December 2008, 06:20 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~~

The universe is built on violence. Galaxies collide in fiery explosions to create new worlds, the bird catches the insect to feed her young, your blood cells fight bacteria to keep you alive. These are all different shades of the same thing.

Namaste simex,
A reasonable assessment. I see your point. I also have a slightly different view, but not obtuse to yours.

I see the universe built on creation, maintenance then its destruction. I see this on a galactic level, but I also see it in my backyard in the garden. I see it in myself as my cells reproduce, then die. I get a whole new body ( ~ 90% or so anyway) refreshes itself. I have a 'new' body that takes about 7 years ( say the scientists) to cycle through. Yet other parts ( skin, hair, etc) are in weeks vs. years.

I see the pictures of galaxies colliding, yet they had to be created and maintained first. I see my garden and flowers grow, then after they go to 'seed' for the next growth cycle they die off.

The scientists now tell us the universe just keeps on expanding, that over time there will be more and more space between all the galaxies.

I see this violence which is a natural occurrence - as mechanism for destruction but not in every case. The destruction becomes the fuel for the next round of creation to take place.

This 'destruction' is not always violent but inevitable. An example is decay, rusting, etc. Take a car, put it in a field somewheres and wait a 1,000 years. Its gone. It decomposes , just like a tree, plant, or our bodies. Pretty non-violent on a macro-level, but desruction just the same.

Now , sometimes the route to this destruction is violent, yes? A tiger attacks another, and the remaining carcass then decomposes via the elements ( sun, rain, wind, etc). Or a human is killed and left to decompose in a field. Or as you mentioned galaxies collide, or meteors shower down and this brings an end to a planet or solar system - but they become the 'fertilizer' for the next cycle of growth.

As I see it this violence is here for this level of existence and plays a role, yet ( for me ) I am not of the opinion this is the key signature of the Universe. I would say creation-maintenance-destruction are the key players.

Yet if we look at finer levels of growth , for the next level of growth to occur, incremental growth, there needs to be something dissolved or destroyed all the time... and it has to be done in a balance ( maintaining balance). So creation-maintenance-destruction work together all the time.

I find it amazing that just outside of our planet there are gamma bursts, rogue asteroids, galaxies eating other galaxies. In fact The Andromeda galaxy & Milky Way collision is predicted to occur in ~ 3 billion years.

Yet we sit here in relatively even temperatures, the cycle of the year continues - sure we get meteor showers, the solar wind disrupts communications or we get a solar flair that knocks out stuff - yet we live with relatively low impact to the globe. We as people cause more grief to each other then the Universe.

pranams

saidevo
23 December 2008, 07:53 PM
na rAjyaM na rAjA&sIt na daNDayo na cha daNDikaH |
dharmeNaiva prajAssarvA rakShanti sma parasparam ||

No state, no king, no judge and no criminal would exist (none would be required) if everybody lived by Dharma; for, then, people would protect each other.

But then, the sacred cow of Dharma has only one leg in this Kali Yuga, and a majority of people in the world are fond of eating cows; so the others have to put up with things as they are, trying their best to strive and survive, sterring clear of controversies.

On a lighter vein, the aim of cops is not to kill, whereas the terrorists are brainwashed to do just that. Today's cop is more satisfied with the currency notes--units or wads of it depending on who is he and who you are!