PDA

View Full Version : Rudra Beads

satay
28 June 2006, 11:43 AM
Any one experienced with Rudra beads?

I find them most the beautiful things in the world. I value them more than gold (of which I own not even an ounce).

Singhi Kaya
28 June 2006, 01:49 PM
Do u do japa on rudra beads??
I like them very much too ~ only the ones available in common indian markets are very poorly made and often snap which is an ill-omen. Making a rdra bed has to be done in a precise shastric way ~ don't anyone who can do this for me.:(

satay
28 June 2006, 02:42 PM
Do u do japa on rudra beads??

Yes, I do!

I like them very much too ~ only the ones available in common indian markets are very poorly made and often snap which is an ill-omen. Making a rdra bed has to be done in a precise shastric way ~ don't anyone who can do this for me.:(

Rudra beads are very "hot" and apparently can give problems for some people but I experience no such things.

Most beautiful rudras can be found in Nepal and northern parts of India. Sarabhanga had pictures of rudras on the hindunet which I can not find now! Perhaps he can post those pictures here.

The rudra malas become a part of you just like your arm or a leg.

The problem is I can't find enough literature to read about them. There are different stories of how they came to be from bhagwan's eye etc. but I don't know the whole story and why Bhagwan wears them all over his body.

c.smith
28 June 2006, 08:15 PM
I had ordered a booklet from the Chinmaya Mission on the Rudraksha. It lists the types, sizes and what quantities do what. It also answers many basic questions. I think that the booklet was only a couple of dollars (US) but was a great insight. Perhaps others would find this booklet helpful.

sarabhanga
28 June 2006, 11:36 PM
rudrAkSa “Rudra-eyed” refers particularly to the species Elaeocarpus Ganitrus.

rudra means “crying, howling, roaring, dreadful, terrific, or terrible”.

And rudra also means “red, shining, or glittering”, and “strong, having or bestowing strength or power” (especially as “running about and roaring” or “driving away evil” or “to be praised”).

Rudra (as “the Roarer” or “the Howler”) is the God of Tempests (connected with Indra) and the God of Fire (connected with Agni), and as a destroying agent Rudra is the God of Time (the all-consuming Kala).

Rudra is connected with Vayu, and Rudra (as Shiva) is auspicious and benevolent, possessing healing powers (from chasing away “vapors” and purifying the air).

Elaeocarpus is a rather ordinary forest tree, until its fruits ripen and appear for a few weeks as a myriad of colored (usually deep blue) points that shine in the canopy above.

One unseen Rudra with many seasonally revealed self-expressions ~ 33 koti Rudras, and each is a veritable eye of the one true “I”. ;)