PDA

View Full Version : My experience will mediating

fireONtheMNT
14 February 2009, 12:46 PM
I have been meditating off and on for the past 20years. Oddly enough most of my transcendental experiences occurred early on in my meditation history now with 20 years behind me it's extremely difficult to get into the meditative state and there are no supernatural experiences where i use to have a lot. oh well, this will not keep from meditating but it is kind of a sore spot.

atanu
15 February 2009, 12:53 AM
I have been meditating off and on for the past 20years. Oddly enough most of my transcendental experiences occurred early on in my meditation history now with 20 years behind me it's extremely difficult to get into the meditative state and there are no supernatural experiences where i use to have a lot. oh well, this will not keep from meditating but it is kind of a sore spot.

Namaste fireONtheMNT,

As per Vedantic teaching, the Transcendental experiences are still experiences of someone. That someone is the groudless supportless reality while the experiences are of that reality and are not supportless. The mind must be aware as to who is experiencing or who is not experiencing. Rest is upto the experiencer.

Om Namah Shivaya

yajvan
15 February 2009, 06:08 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

Namasté FOTM

May I ask, what is your experiences outside of meditation? During your activities.

praṇām

yajvan
06 March 2009, 09:14 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

May I ask, what is your experiences outside of meditation? During your activities. praṇām

Namasté

Why did I ask this question? The inward stoke ( meditation) leads to outward results. Those results can be effective action, calmness, new insights, better understanding, etc.

Meditation brings more pure consciousness into daily life, more support from nature, balance, etc.

It is always enjoyable to have meditations that may bring different experiences, yet what one does with their eyes open is also of great import.

praṇām

sunyatisunya
17 April 2009, 04:12 PM

Seems strange that you have twenty years of practice under your belt and yet can't get into the meditative state. Haven't you learned the tricks of the trade in all that time? Know your mind, know your habits. Were your early experiences had with the aid of drugs?

yajvan
17 April 2009, 05:07 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

Namasté sunyatisunya

Seems strange that you have twenty years of practice under your belt and yet can't get into the meditative state. Haven't you learned the tricks of the trade in all that time? Know your mind, know your habits. Were your early experiences had with the aid of drugs?

I have known many over the course of the years that have little 'spiritual' experiences during their sādhana. I applaud them because they continue their practice. Many find they are rested or their composure is smooth, or thinking/comprehension is better.
We are of all different types and our experiences follow the same .

For me keeping the practice is of key import as one grooms the nervous system ( village of the senses as my teacher used to call it) to sustain pure consciousness outside of one's meditative state.

praṇām