yada yada hi dharmasya
glanir bhavati bharata
abhyutthanam adharmasya
tadatmanam srjamy aham

paritranaya sadhunam
vinasaya ca duskrtam
dharma-samsthapanarthaya
sambhavami yuge yuge

Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion--at that time I descend Myself.7

In order to deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to re establish the principles of religion, I advent Myself millennium after millennium.8

Many demons were killed either by Bhagvan or his sakha Arjun. He spoke the principles of Dharma to Arjun. Thus the Dharma is established, and Shree Vyasdev gives all that in written form.

Bhagvat puran informs us that immediately after Krishna’s disappearance from this mortal world, the Kali appears.

Now tell me what was the need to establish dharma if Kali was imminent, just does not make sense to me.

Jai Shree Krishna

atanu
09 March 2009, 09:15 AM
Pranam all

This question has been playing up in my mind, I can not get round my head

Bhagvat puran informs us that immediately after Krishna’s disappearance from this mortal world, the Kali appears.

Now tell me what was the need to establish dharma if Kali was imminent, just does not make sense to me.

Jai Shree Krishna

Namaste Ganeshprasadji,

This is a question that may elude a unique answer. We can only guess. Possibly, due to advent of kali, which is characterized by dominance of ego over all others, it is more essential to remember God, His teachings, and support for the good. When the ego acts of fiery and tamasic people are so rampant that these tend to hurt just people, it is good for us not to take the road of ego, but to adhere to the truthful ways of yama and niyama and remember Lord.

Rig Veda in the 10th Mandala says:
9 With humble adoration show this day your song of praise to mighty Rudra, Ruler of the brave:With whom, the Eager Ones, going their ordered course, he comes from heaven Self-bright, auspicious, strong to guard.

-----------------------------
So, I think that Lord appears to remind of Dharma and to guard, especially in difficult times.

Regards,

Om Namah Shivaya

Nuno Matos
09 March 2009, 12:17 PM
Namaste,

" In order to deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to re establish the principles of religion, I advent Myself millennium after millennium.8

Many demons were killed either by Bhagvan or his sakha Arjun. He spoke the principles of Dharma to Arjun. Thus the Dharma is established, and Shree Vyasdev gives all that in written form."

" We can only guess. Possibly, due to advent of kali, which is characterized by dominance of ego over all others, it is more essential to remember God, His teachings, and support for the good."

Kali the evil one? Dominance of ego? Are we on some ISCON tread ?
As I remember kali is so feard by some due to the fact that she ates egos. How can the mind be the ego i.e. the isolated persona. The soul is something much more complex and rich, it´s pure " I " not just that mortal god that renews himself under difrent guises ( personas ) age after age in name of personal interest ( dogma ) or some facked order.
Kali means death of ego, means heart, means sufering but means as well imortality of the soul and love.

Sri Krishna on BG VIII nº 34 & 36 says:

I am death that snatches all away,
And the origin of creatures yet to be.
Among feminine nouns I am fame, fortune, speech
Memory, inteligence, steadfastness, long-suffering.

I am the dicing of tricksters,
Glory of the glorious;
Victory and firm resolve am I.
And the courage of the brave.

Ganeshprasad
09 March 2009, 12:38 PM
Pranam Atanu ji

Namaste Ganeshprasadji,

This is a question that may elude a unique answer. We can only guess. Possibly, due to advent of kali, which is characterized by dominance of ego over all others, it is more essential to remember God, His teachings, and support for the good. When the ego acts of fiery and tamasic people are so rampant that these tend to hurt just people, it is good for us not to take the road of ego, but to adhere to the truthful ways of yama and niyama and remember Lord.

My original reaction was, dharma having been re established, that they should have flourished, but it seems and I forgot sanatan dharma has never been one fix that fits all.

Kali was imminent but the dharma is never lost to those who follow the yama and Niyam, for them kali would have no affect. The Gita is and will be inspiration to millions even today, so my query and doubts are groundless, perhaps my question should have been with hindsight, how does dharma as established by Lord Krishna counteracts the affect of kali which is so rampant and worse is yet to come.

In this instance what else to do accept head his advice and surrender on to him as he advises at the end.

Rig Veda in the 10th Mandala says:
9 With humble adoration show this day your song of praise to mighty Rudra, Ruler of the brave:With whom, the Eager Ones, going their ordered course, he comes from heaven Self-bright, auspicious, strong to guard.
-----------------------------
So, I think that Lord appears to remind of Dharma and to guard, especially in difficult times.

Regards,

Thanks your thinking is always of great value, my pranams.

Jai Shree Krishna

atanu
09 March 2009, 12:44 PM
Namaste,

" We can only guess. Possibly, due to advent of kali, which is characterized by dominance of ego over all others, it is more essential to remember God, His teachings, and support for the good."

As I remember kali is so feard by some due to the fact that she ates egos.

Namaskar Nuno,

You are correct. And I am correct. I am talking about 'kali' -- a time period characterized by evil tendencies. You are talking about Mother kAli; the devourer of evil of kali.

Om

Ganeshprasad
09 March 2009, 12:52 PM
Pranam Nuno Matos

Namaste,

Perish the thought. perhaps there is some confusion, Kali here is referred to Kali youga personified and not Kali maa.

Jai Shree Krishna

rcscwc
14 August 2009, 09:24 PM
Pranam all

This question has been playing up in my mind, I can not get round my head

Bhagvan Shree Krishna say in the Gita

yada yada hi dharmasya
glanir bhavati bharata
abhyutthanam adharmasya
tadatmanam srjamy aham

paritranaya sadhunam
vinasaya ca duskrtam
dharma-samsthapanarthaya
sambhavami yuge yuge

Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion--at that time I descend Myself.7

In order to deliver the pious and to annihilate the miscreants, as well as to re establish the principles of religion, I advent Myself millennium after millennium.8

Many demons were killed either by Bhagvan or his sakha Arjun. He spoke the principles of Dharma to Arjun. Thus the Dharma is established, and Shree Vyasdev gives all that in written form.

Jai Shree Krishna

That shloka presuppose that Dharma existed even then. It exists. But it can weaken or rather ignored by man. That happens due to Free Will. A stage comes when Dharma has been weakened too much, then Krishna appears to put it back on firm footings.

At the end of Dwapar, Dharma had weakened and Kaliyuga was imminent. So it was necessary to minimise the adharmic forces and strengthen dharma, so at least initially Kali Yuga started with minimum adharma.

Second, Krishna himself did not participate in the Battle as a comabatant. He convinced Arjuna, symbol of humanity, that his duty was to strengthen dharma by destroying the adarmic forces. That is giving credit to hamanity and not hogging it.