PDA

View Full Version : Sins of the fathers

saidevo
15 March 2009, 10:47 AM
I wonder how and why our NewsBot does not dig out stories such as these:

Sins of the fathers
M.G. Radhakrishnan
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30675&Itemid=1&issueid=95&sectionid=21&page=archieve&limit=1&limitstart=0

"Amen” is the concluding word for prayers. There is also another meaning, “So be it”. The latter is probably what inspired Sister Jesme, a senior nun from the Kerala Church, to release her sensational autobiography titled Amen which has caused a shockwave of Tsunami-like proportions.

The book contains lurid descriptions of sexual perversions performed on her by priests and fellow nuns. The scandal has been magnified because it involves the all-powerful Catholic Church in a state with a large Christian population which supplies about 60 per cent of the country’s priests and nuns.

Three weeks after Sister Jesme, 53, released her lurid autobiography, the state is still reeling from the revelations.

Never has the dark underbelly of the church been so starkly exposed, with the nun’s sordid tales of sexual exploitation, lesbianism, petty rivalries and patriarchy.

The Malayalam book Amen: The Autobiography of a Nun was an instant bestseller and is printing its third edition within a month.

Publishers are vying for translation rights and movie companies are queuing up outside her tiny rented flat in Kozhikode where she moved after her resignation from the Congregation of Mother of Carmel (CMC) where she served for 33 years. “I never knew there would be so much interest in the trivial life of a humble nun,” said Sister Jesme.

I am an eagle and I love to fly high and alone: Sister Jesme
M.G. Radhakrishnan

Her interview published in the India Today here:
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30593&Itemid=1&issueid=94&sectionid=22&limit=1&limitstart=1

satay
16 March 2009, 01:17 AM
Namaskar,
NewsBot seems to be an idiot. Will have to see how to fix it...