PDA

View Full Version : The right behavior of a hindu woman

orlando
03 July 2006, 11:07 AM
Namaste all.
Please read Srimad Bhagavata Purana,Canto 7,Chapter 11.
(25) Following him in his vows, being regular, favorably disposed to her husband as well as to his friends and relatives and readiness one finds with a woman in divine respect with her husband [see too B.G. 1: 40]. (26-27) She is of cleaning, mopping and decorating the house as a housewife and personally finely dressed with her clothes and household articles always clean; to the small and great desires of her husband is she a chaste and modest woman of sense control as well as of controlled speech and she is veritable, pleasing, loving and of respect for her husband when it is called for. (28) Of contentment, not greedy, expert in serving, knowing what is dharma, kind, speaking the truth, attentive, pure and affectionate, should she worship the husband as long as he is straight with her. (29) Any woman who accepts her husband as the Supreme Personality is of service exactly like the Goddess of Fortune; devoted is she to the spirit of Hari with her husband in the spiritual world of Vaikunthha just like Laxmi enjoying the eternal herself. (30) Of the ones born from a mix of class [pratilomaja with a lower man and anulomaja with a higher man] is there according the family tradition the duty not to be of the theft and sin of the lower outcast.

Now please read the Prabhupada's translation at http://www.srimadbhagavatam.com/7/11/en

SB 7.11.25:To render service to the husband, to be always favorably disposed toward the husband, to be equally well disposed toward the husband's relatives and friends, and to follow the vows of the husband — these are the four principles to be followed by women described as chaste.

SB 7.11.26-27: A chaste woman must dress nicely and decorate herself with golden ornaments for the pleasure of her husband. Always wearing clean and attractive garments, she should sweep and clean the household with water and other liquids so that the entire house is always pure and clean. She should collect the household paraphernalia and keep the house always aromatic with incense and flowers and must be ready to execute the desires of her husband. Being modest and truthful, controlling her senses, and speaking in sweet words, a chaste woman should engage in the service of her husband with love, according to time and circumstances.

SB 7.11.28: A chaste woman should not be greedy, but satisfied in all circumstances. She must be very expert in handling household affairs and should be fully conversant with religious principles. She should speak pleasingly and truthfully and should be very careful and always clean and pure. Thus a chaste woman should engage with affection in the service of a husband who is not fallen.

SB 7.11.29: The woman who engages in the service of her husband, following strictly in the footsteps of the goddess of fortune, surely returns home, back to Godhead, with her devotee husband, and lives very happily in the Vaikuṇṭha planets.

Regards,
Orlando.

satay
03 July 2006, 11:54 AM
and what's the right behaviour of a hindu man? especially towards his wife?

orlando
03 July 2006, 12:30 PM
I am not sure about the answer to your questions but maybe it is found at http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto7/chapter14.html or/and http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto11/chapter17.html
Maybe you will find answer in Manu Smriti.You can find it at http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/manu.htm

Regards,
Orlando.

satay
03 July 2006, 06:36 PM
I am not sure about the answer to your questions but maybe it is found at

Strange that you would post here how a 'woman' should behave but seem to have no idea of how a 'man' should behave and you are going through maybe this and that!

A wife is called a 'ARDHANGINI' meaning 'half of man' implying that she is the other half of man! Any yagna, any sacrifice, any charity is not valid for a married man if the wife didn't take part in it. This is the vedic way but I can not find the exact reference from scriptures...it has been taught to me by my mother and father (my first gurus).

A man must show better behaviour for every point you outlined here for women, only then he is qualified to have company of such a woman.

Anyway your behaviour for 'woman' is outdated and is clearly written by some men who appraently forgot to write what a man's role should be!! :eek:

orlando
04 July 2006, 09:35 AM
Anyway your behaviour for 'woman' is outdated and is clearly written by some men who appraently forgot to write what a man's role should be!! :eek:

Namaste Satay.
Please note that those words were tolden from the great sage Narada Muni who is a great bhakta of Lord Sriman Narayana.
http://www.bhagavata.org/images/bimages/narada.jpg

You can read the "biography" of Narada Muni in the first Canto of Srimad Bhagavata Purana.
http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto1/c1-contents.html

Please note that Srimad Bhagavatam was compiled from the great sage Srila Vyasadseva,who of course is very truthful and didn't change the words spoken from Narada Muni.

Regards,
Orlando.

satay
04 July 2006, 09:46 AM
Namaste Satay.
Please note that those words were tolden from the great sage Narada Muni who is a great bhakta of Lord Sriman Narayana.

But those "words" are now outdated and it doesn't make sense to expect women to behave like this in the year 2006 especially if the man doesn't know how to behave to his wife properly!!

Orlando, I am telling you from experience, if you expect a woman to behave like this in practice you better first set a good example by behaving in the same way otherwise you will be sleeping on the sofa for the rest of your married life. Narada Muni is not going to come and help you; he will be enjoying the show from indraloka. ;)

orlando
04 July 2006, 10:37 AM
But those "words" are now outdated and it doesn't make sense to expect women to behave like this in the year 2006 especially if the man doesn't know how to behave to his wife properly!!

Orlando, I am telling you from experience, if you expect a woman to behave like this in practice you better first set a good example by behaving in the same way otherwise you will be sleeping on the sofa for the rest of your married life. Narada Muni is not going to come and help you; he will be enjoying the show from indraloka. ;)

Of couse I have behave properly to my wife if I expect that she follow the words of Bhagavan Narada Muni.
Please read how Swami Prabhupada comments the verse 28.
By http://www.srimadbhagavatam.com/7/11/28/en

Bhaktivedanta VedaBase: Śrīmad Bhāgavatam 7.11.28

santuṣṭālolupā dakṣā
dharma-jρā priya-satya-vāk
apramattā śuciḥ snigdhā
patiḿ tv apatitaḿ bhajet

SYNONYMS

santuṣṭā — always satisfied; alolupā — without being greedy; dakṣā — very expert in serving; dharma-jρā — fully conversant with religious principles; priya — pleasing; satya — truthful; vāk — in speaking; apramattā — attentive in service to her husband; śuciḥ — always clean and pure; snigdhā — affectionate; patim — the husband; tu — but; apatitam — who is not fallen; bhajet — should worship.

TRANSLATION

A chaste woman should not be greedy, but satisfied in all circumstances. She must be very expert in handling household affairs and should be fully conversant with religious principles. She should speak pleasingly and truthfully and should be very careful and always clean and pure. Thus a chaste woman should engage with affection in the service of a husband who is not fallen.
PURPORT

According to the injunction of Yājρavalkya, an authority on religious principles, āśuddheḥ sampratikṣyo hi mahāpātaka-dūṣitaḥ. One is considered contaminated by the reactions of great sinful activities when one has not been purified according to the methods of the daśa-vidhā-saḿskāra. In Bhagavad-gītā, however, the Lord says, na māḿ duṣkṛtino mūḍhāḥ prapadyante narādhamāḥ: "Those miscreants who do not surrender unto Me are the lowest of mankind." The word narādhama means "nondevotee." Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu also said, yei bhaje sei baḍa, abhakta — hīna, chāra. Anyone who is a devotee is sinless. One who is not a devotee, however, is the most fallen and condemned. It is recommended, therefore, that a chaste wife not associate with a fallen husband. A fallen husband is one who is addicted to the four principles of sinful activity — namely illicit sex, meat-eating, gambling and intoxication. Specifically, if one is not a soul surrendered to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he is understood to be contaminated. Thus a chaste woman is advised not to agree to serve such a husband. It is not that a chaste woman should be like a slave while her husband is narādhama, the lowest of men. Although the duties of a woman are different from those of a man, a chaste woman is not meant to serve a fallen husband. If her husband is fallen, it is recommended that she give up his association. Giving up the association of her husband does not mean, however, that a woman should marry again and thus indulge in prostitution. If a chaste woman unfortunately marries a husband who is fallen, she should live separately from him. Similarly, a husband can separate himself from a woman who is not chaste according to the description of the śāstra. The conclusion is that a husband should be a pure Vaiṣṇava and that a woman should be a chaste wife with all the symptoms described in this regard. Then both of them will be happy and make spiritual progress in Kṛṣṇa consciousness.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However a true vaishnava woman who is married to a true (and well behaved) vaishnva man shoud follow the instructions of Shri Narada Muni.
Please read how Swami Prabhupada comments the verse 29.
By http://www.srimadbhagavatam.com/7/11/29/en
yā patiḿ hari-bhāvena
bhajet śrīr iva tat-parā
hary-ātmanā harer loke
patyā śrīr iva modate

SYNONYMS

yā — any woman who; patim — her husband; hari-bhāvena — mentally accepting him as equal to Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead; bhajet — worships or renders service to; śrīḥ iva — exactly like the goddess of fortune; tat-parā — being devoted; hari-ātmanā — completely absorbed in thoughts of Hari; hareḥ loke — in the spiritual world, the Vaikuṇṭha planets; patyā — with her husband; śrīḥ iva — exactly like the goddess of fortune; modate — enjoys spiritual, eternal life.

TRANSLATION

[B]The woman who engages in the service of her husband, following strictly in the footsteps of the goddess of fortune, surely returns home, back to Godhead, with her devotee husband, and lives very happily in the Vaikuṇṭha planets.
PURPORT

The faithfulness of the goddess of fortune is the ideal for a chaste woman. The Brahma-saḿhitā (5.29) says, lakṣmī-sahasra-śata-sambhrama-sevyamānam. In the Vaikuṇṭha planets, Lord Viṣṇu is worshiped by many, many thousands of goddesses of fortune, and in Goloka Vṛndāvana, Lord Kṛṣṇa is worshiped by many, many thousands of gopīs, all of whom are goddesses of fortune. A woman should serve her husband as faithfully as the goddess of fortune. A man should be an ideal servant of the Lord, and a woman should be an ideal wife like the goddess of fortune. Then both husband and wife will be so faithful and strong that by acting together they will return home, back to Godhead, without a doubt. In this regard, Śrīla Madhvācārya gives this opinion:

harir asmin sthita iti
strīṇāḿ bhartari bhāvanā
śiṣyāṇāḿ ca gurau nityaḿ
śūdrāṇāḿ brāhmaṇādiṣu
bhṛtyānāḿ svāmini tathā
hari-bhāva udīritaḥ

A woman should think of her husband as the Supreme Lord. Similarly, a disciple should think of the spiritual master as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, a śūdra should think of a brāhmaṇa as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and a servant should think of his master as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In this way, all of them will automatically become devotees of the Lord. In other words, by thinking this way, all of them will become Kṛṣṇa conscious.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course since I am not a Gaudiya-vaishnava I don't believe in Goloka Vrindavana and in the fact that there are many goddesses of fortune (Lakshmi).I believe that there is only ONE Shri Maha-Lakshmi.
However what Swami Prabhupada says about the behavior of vaishnava woman is right.
You asked:

I hope :D to have founde the answer in Manu Smriti,Chapter 3.
By http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/manu/manu03.htm
55. Women must be honoured and adorned by their fathers, brothers, husbands, and brothers-in-law, who desire (their own) welfare.

56. Where women are honoured, there the gods are pleased; but where they are not honoured, no sacred rite yields rewards.

57. Where the female relations live in grief, the family soon wholly perishes; but that family where they are not unhappy ever prospers.

58. The houses on which female relations, not being duly honoured, pronounce a curse, perish completely, as if destroyed by magic.

59. Hence men who seek (their own) welfare, should always honour women on holidays and festivals with (gifts of) ornaments, clothes, and (dainty) food.

60. In that family, where the husband is pleased with his wife and the wife with her husband, happiness will assuredly be lasting.

Regards,
Orlando.

satay
04 July 2006, 10:51 AM
Of couse I have behave properly to my wife if I expect that she follow the words of Bhagavan Narada Muni.
However what Swami Prabhupada says about the behavior of vaishnava woman is right.

Okay orlando, I wish you good luck.

You asked:

I hope :D to have founde the answer in Manu Smriti,Chapter 3.
By http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/manu/manu03.htm
[B]55. Women must be honoured and adorned by their fathers, brothers, husbands, and brothers-in-law, who desire (their own) welfare.

56. Where women are honoured, there the gods are pleased; but where they are not honoured, no sacred rite yields rewards.

57. Where the female relations live in grief, the family soon wholly perishes; but that family where they are not unhappy ever prospers.

58. The houses on which female relations, not being duly honoured, pronounce a curse, perish completely, as if destroyed by magic.

59. Hence men who seek (their own) welfare, should always honour women on holidays and festivals with (gifts of) ornaments, clothes, and (dainty) food.

60. In that family, where the husband is pleased with his wife and the wife with her husband, happiness will assuredly be lasting.

Orlando.

Okay, That's good that you found this. Just wanted you to be aware of the other side of the coin. You can't expect women to behave in a certain way as if they are maids and men own them or something...men have a duty towards women too.

Still I think that what shri prabhupada is saying is only one sided and it is unfair for us to expect this type of behaviour of women.

In today's time it is not practical at all. Women are equal in are aspects in a married life; man is not the only person that puts food on the table.

Anyway, as you can see this is one of the things I disgree on with shri prabhupada, though I have the utmost respect for him.

grames
10 July 2006, 05:43 AM
Reading the messages in this thread i just had few things to share. In modern world where everything is judged by power of money and materials, it is impossible to dream of this kind of household life. Life itself is changed so much and we are trying to romance with the angels we see in our dreams.

It is wrong to assume that Vedic life didn't give code of conduct for men but not in terms of taking them to cinema, star dinners or vacation spots. The feel of being a maid or slave is modern invention where women want to compete with men in getting better economical status and social rights in the name of 'freedom' and liberation. But what kind of freedom and liberation is this? So both husband and wife are so much in to making money and in that process they lost their happiness and forgotten the actual "Dharma".

Bagavata and Veda talks about those who want to lead the dharmic way of life where there is no feel of being a maid or being a dictator etc. When the man is Dharmic, he will be given a "Dharma patni" and you will get one if you 'try' dharmic life. :)

Good promise isin’t?

Bhakti Yoga Seeker
10 July 2006, 01:23 PM
The pros and cons of the "modern world" aside, I feel that women should have the freedom to choose how they should live just as men do. Culture can certainly have its expected social codes but it should not prohibit the freedom for women to live as they choose to even if this goes against what the majority believe. If a woman chooses to get a job instead of just being in the kitchen, they should have that right. Like it or not, such roles are for the most part quite outdated. ~BYS~

Sudarshan
10 July 2006, 03:33 PM
Namaste all.
Please read Srimad Bhagavata Purana,Canto 7,Chapter 11.
(25) Following him in his vows, being regular, favorably disposed to her husband as well as to his friends and relatives and readiness one finds with a woman in divine respect with her husband [see too B.G. 1: 40]. (26-27) She is of cleaning, mopping and decorating the house as a housewife and personally finely dressed with her clothes and household articles always clean; to the small and great desires of her husband is she a chaste and modest woman of sense control as well as of controlled speech and she is veritable, pleasing, loving and of respect for her husband when it is called for. (28) Of contentment, not greedy, expert in serving, knowing what is dharma, kind, speaking the truth, attentive, pure and affectionate, should she worship the husband as long as he is straight with her. (29) Any woman who accepts her husband as the Supreme Personality is of service exactly like the Goddess of Fortune; devoted is she to the spirit of Hari with her husband in the spiritual world of Vaikunthha just like Laxmi enjoying the eternal herself. (30) Of the ones born from a mix of class [pratilomaja with a lower man and anulomaja with a higher man] is there according the family tradition the duty not to be of the theft and sin of the lower outcast.

Now please read the Prabhupada's translation at http://www.srimadbhagavatam.com/7/11/en

SB 7.11.25:To render service to the husband, to be always favorably disposed toward the husband, to be equally well disposed toward the husband's relatives and friends, and to follow the vows of the husband — these are the four principles to be followed by women described as chaste.

SB 7.11.26-27: A chaste woman must dress nicely and decorate herself with golden ornaments for the pleasure of her husband. Always wearing clean and attractive garments, she should sweep and clean the household with water and other liquids so that the entire house is always pure and clean. She should collect the household paraphernalia and keep the house always aromatic with incense and flowers and must be ready to execute the desires of her husband. Being modest and truthful, controlling her senses, and speaking in sweet words, a chaste woman should engage in the service of her husband with love, according to time and circumstances.

SB 7.11.28: A chaste woman should not be greedy, but satisfied in all circumstances. She must be very expert in handling household affairs and should be fully conversant with religious principles. She should speak pleasingly and truthfully and should be very careful and always clean and pure. Thus a chaste woman should engage with affection in the service of a husband who is not fallen.

SB 7.11.29: The woman who engages in the service of her husband, following strictly in the footsteps of the goddess of fortune, surely returns home, back to Godhead, with her devotee husband, and lives very happily in the Vaikuṇṭha planets.

Regards,
Orlando.

Are we following everything else Bhagavata is teaching? Why take one or two doctrines out of it and give it more priority. Either follow all, or dont insist on selective portions as we like. If people are following all the dictates of Bhagavata, then it should not be a problem. Now since that is not the case, then it is time to think of perfect equality between man and woman. However if you are lucky enough to get such a wife, then enjoy. (dont impose):)

satay
10 July 2006, 03:55 PM
A dharmic life should be led without the expectation of a dharmic patni. The reality is that even if you were leading a dharmic life there is not much chance today that you will find such a wife, let alone given one.

Having said that though I see what you are saying grames.

Do the men that desire such a patni follow the 'code of conduct' as prescribed? No. But I am saying that if they did, there is a little hope that they will find such a wife in today's world. That is just the reality of the world.

Parnah Dhanika
16 July 2006, 06:21 PM
Can people please clarify this one thing for me?

According to some vaishnavs, a widow who shaves her head, wears a white saari and sleeps on stone will go to the same heaven as her husband went to.

If they mean vaikuntha, then i feel that if both are vaishnavas, then they will both go to vaikuntha out of their bhakti for maha-vishnu no doubt.

If they mean abodes of other demi-gods, then the stance i feel is incorrect because in mahabharata we see that when krishna shows abhimanyu to arjuna, the son doesn't recognise him to be his father. Buddha also confirms this, that one who goes to these temporary heavens will lose his memories upon getting there. So as the wife and husband will no longer recognise each other, it isn't logical for me...

[As for my personal stance - i'm a smartha semi-advaitin who believes in the trinity of vishnu, siva, devi and the eternal nature of their abodes, and also believe in realisation of brahman]

orlando
17 July 2006, 09:32 AM
Namaste all.
Please read what it is wrote in Manu Smrti,chapter 5.
By http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/manu/manu05.htm
146. Thus the rules of personal purification for men of all castes, and those for cleaning (inanimate) things, have been fully declared to you: hear now the duties of women.

147. By a girl, by a young woman, or even by an aged one, nothing must be done independently, even in her own house.

148. In childhood a female must be subject to her father, in youth to her husband, when her lord is dead to her sons; a woman must never be independent.

149. She must not seek to separate herself from her father, husband, or sons; by leaving them she would make both (her own and her husband's) families contemptible.

150. She must always be cheerful, clever in (the management of her) household affairs, careful in cleaning her utensils, and economical in expenditure.

151. Him to whom her father may give her, or her brother with the father's permission, she shall obey as long as he lives, and when he is dead, she must not insult (his memory).

152. For the sake of procuring good fortune to (brides), the recitation of benedictory texts (svastyayana), and the sacrifice to the Lord of creatures (Pragapati) are used at weddings; (but) the betrothal (by the father or guardian) is the cause of (the husband's) dominion (over his wife).

153. The husband who wedded her with sacred texts, always gives happiness to his wife, both in season and out of season, in this world and in the next.

154. Though destitute of virtue, or seeking pleasure (elsewhere), or devoid of good qualities, (yet) a husband must be constantly worshipped as a god by a faithful wife.

155. No sacrifice, no vow, no fast must be performed by women apart (from their husbands); if a wife obeys her husband, she will for that (reason alone) be exalted in heaven.

156. A faithful wife, who desires to dwell (after death) with her husband, must never do anything that might displease him who took her hand, whether he be alive or dead.

157. At her pleasure let her emaciate her body by (living on) pure flowers, roots, and fruit; but she must never even mention the name of another man after her husband has died.

158. Until death let her be patient (of hardships), self-controlled, and chaste, and strive (to fulfil) that most excellent duty which (is prescribed) for wives who have one husband only.

159. Many thousands of Brahmanas who were chaste from their youth, have gone to heaven without continuing their race.

160. A virtuous wife who after the death of her husband constantly remains chaste, reaches heaven, though she have no son, just like those chaste men.

161. But a woman who from a desire to have offspring violates her duty towards her (deceased) husband, brings on herself disgrace in this world, and loses her place with her husband (in heaven).

162. Offspring begotten by another man is here not (considered lawful), nor (does offspring begotten) on another man's wife (belong to the begetter), nor is a second husband anywhere prescribed for virtuous women.

163. She who cohabits with a man of higher caste, forsaking her own husband who belongs to a lower one, will become contemptible in this world, and is called a remarried woman (parapurva).

164. By violating her duty towards her husband, a wife is disgraced in this world, (after death) she enters the womb of a jackal, and is tormented by diseases (the punishment of) her sin.

165. She who, controlling her thoughts, words, and deeds, never slights her lord, resides (after death) with her husband (in heaven), and is called a virtuous (wife).

166. In reward of such conduct, a female who controls her thoughts, speech, and actions, gains in this (life) highest renown, and in the next (world) a place near her husband.

I believe that verses 147,148 and 149 are really outdates and even adharmic.
Of course verse 157 is really adharmica and wicked!

Regards,
Orlando.

Znanna
17 July 2006, 06:24 PM
153. The husband who wedded her with sacred texts, always gives happiness to his wife, both in season and out of season, in this world and in the next.

You are willing to commit to this? All-ways?

Hmm, I'm no Hindu woman, but it seems like a reasonable trade :)

Namaste,
ZN

Arjuna
18 July 2006, 03:54 PM
Namaste Satay.
Please note that Srimad Bhagavatam was compiled from the great sage Srila Vyasadseva,who of course is very truthful and didn't change the words spoken from Narada Muni.

Please note that Puranas are NOT a part of Shruti and are full of inaccuracies.
Vaishnava Puranas are authorative mostly for vaishnavas.
Original Bhagavata-purana was lost, and its vaishnava version is a later development by some Vopadeva, and verily has nothing to do with Vedavyasa.

Sudarshan
23 July 2006, 01:26 PM
Can people please clarify this one thing for me?

According to some vaishnavs, a widow who shaves her head, wears a white saari and sleeps on stone will go to the same heaven as her husband went to.

If they mean vaikuntha, then i feel that if both are vaishnavas, then they will both go to vaikuntha out of their bhakti for maha-vishnu no doubt.

If they mean abodes of other demi-gods, then the stance i feel is incorrect because in mahabharata we see that when krishna shows abhimanyu to arjuna, the son doesn't recognise him to be his father. Buddha also confirms this, that one who goes to these temporary heavens will lose his memories upon getting there. So as the wife and husband will no longer recognise each other, it isn't logical for me...

[As for my personal stance - i'm a smartha semi-advaitin who believes in the trinity of vishnu, siva, devi and the eternal nature of their abodes, and also believe in realisation of brahman]

But the soul has no gender - male or female. How does it matter if they are husband and wife any more? Every soul is filled with an infinite love with every other soul, and also with God - that is mokhsa. No individual relationships exist anymore, and since we have taken countless births in the past we will also recognize thousands of parents, friends and children.

Beyond Jana Loka, souls will have enlightenment and be nearing omniscience(with regards to chit-prakriti) - so they will remember all their past and other related souls. Crossing Jana Loka, one does not return back to this world ever again.

Sudarshan
23 July 2006, 01:35 PM
Please note that Puranas are NOT a part of Shruti and are full of inaccuracies.

What is "full of inaccuracies"? Perhaps you dont understand them.

Vaishnava Puranas are authorative mostly for vaishnavas.

Hmm, and so also for all vedantins.(including Shankara)

Original Bhagavata-purana was lost, and its vaishnava version is a later development by some Vopadeva, and verily has nothing to do with Vedavyasa.

Ah, I see. And you must be having that copy of the original Bhagavata.:)

Parnah Dhanika
23 July 2006, 05:23 PM
@Sudarshan: Exactly. I thought all vaishnavs now disowned it, but when i read at indiadivine.org website I was puzzled as to how they can still speak of it as it is logically wrong

As for shrimad bhagavatam, I read of a few inconsistencies in satyarth prakash..