PDA

View Full Version : Easter is for India

Hiwaunis
12 April 2009, 01:36 AM
Om Shanti,
Happy Easter India! This holiday is really the memorial of the knowledge and wisdom which radiates from the East to the West. This knowledge which has the affect of removing the old dull color's of living a misguided life and decorating one with all the colors of the rainbow.

Home to the worlds oldest scriptures, Namaste INDIA! Home to the worlds higest mountains and Lord Shiva's abode. Land of the worlds most tolerant people. Bharat, although the dear brother of Shree Ram we call you Mother.

India the land of God's, Guru's, sages, rishis and saints. Oh that eastern land, home to the beautiful Taj Mahal. Last but not least, the beautiful, profoundly sweet, serene, intoxicating, mesmerizing pure voice of my idol Anuradha Paudwal the worlds greatest devotional singer. Yes I imagine that DevRaj Indra and Devi Indrani are missing their heavenly songbird something terrible.

Om Namah Shivay

rcscwc
26 August 2009, 08:44 PM
Easter is the day xians claim Jesus came back to life.

How does Indra miss it?

It a magical time for children to enjoy chocolate bunnies, marshmallow chicks and jellybean-filled Easter eggs repugnant to most Hindus, all Jains.

India is not Christian, or is it?

Hiwaunis
26 August 2009, 09:26 PM
Easter is the day xians claim Jesus came back to life.

How does Indra miss it?

It a magical time for children to enjoy chocolate bunnies, marshmallow chicks and jellybean-filled Easter eggs repugnant to most Hindus, all Jains.

India is not Christian, or is it?

Pranam,
No India is not Christian. However, the original intent of Easter is to celebrate the spiritual knowledge coming from the East. The resurrection, ie, THE SUN RISES IN THE EAST and sets in the West. Easter's true meaning is in rememberance of the Land of Gods, India.

Namaste,

Eastern Mind
27 August 2009, 05:23 AM
Pranam,
No India is not Christian. However, the original intent of Easter is to celebrate the spiritual knowledge coming from the East. The resurrection, ie, THE SUN RISES IN THE EAST and sets in the West. Easter's true meaning is in rememberance of the Land of Gods, India.

Namaste,

This is opinion, and you are welcome to your opinion. I would think that most Christians would disagree, especially on the fundamentalist end of Christianity. Within the Christians, I guess there is a mystic tradition like this. Perhaps it is similar to Sufism in Islam. I actually have no idea, just am conjecturing.

But my point would be this: We have dozens of wonderful festivals, and diversity within these festivals already. Why take on another one whose history is dubious? Why would we want to celebrate Chinese New year, or Ramadan? Let each culture or religion celebrate their own heritage while others stand back and encourage them on as an audience claps for the actors.

Aum Namasivaya

Hiwaunis
27 August 2009, 09:52 PM
This is opinion, and you are welcome to your opinion. I would think that most Christians would disagree, especially on the fundamentalist end of Christianity. Within the Christians, I guess there is a mystic tradition like this. Perhaps it is similar to Sufism in Islam. I actually have no idea, just am conjecturing.

But my point would be this: We have dozens of wonderful festivals, and diversity within these festivals already. Why take on another one whose history is dubious? Why would we want to celebrate Chinese New year, or Ramadan? Let each culture or religion celebrate their own heritage while others stand back and encourage them on as an audience claps for the actors.

Aum Namasivaya

Pranam EM,
I think ALL Christians would disagree! I have no idea what Easter means today. I don't even want to speculate. My comment is based on: Easter (maybe not called Easter) once belonging to the Sun worshippers, those who worshipped the physical sun and also due to the age of India and the spiritual ( sun) knowledge bestowed upon it.

I can't think of any other holiday that has passed down through the ages recognizing any other direction/location, ie like Southster or Wester. Although I must say Orientals are very spiritual also.

Namaste,

rcscwc
30 August 2009, 08:34 AM
Pranam,

Namaste,
Let a xian attest to your view of resurrection. For them, it is literal rising of Jesus from death. Nothing more nothing less.

Hiwaunis
30 August 2009, 10:38 PM
Let a xian attest to your view of resurrection. For them, it is literal rising of Jesus from death. Nothing more nothing less.

Pranam,
I know of their belief. However, life existed looonnnggg before Jesus. There are several other Gods that died and was resurrected 3 days later.

By the way why have you "chopped" Christian down to xian?

Namaste,

rcscwc
31 August 2009, 02:36 AM
Pranam,
I know of their belief. However, life existed looonnnggg before Jesus. There are several other Gods that died and was resurrected 3 days later.

By the way why have you "chopped" Christian down to xian?

Namaste,
YEEEEEESSS.

World was not created yesterday ie 6000 years ago a la genesis and xian philsophy. Augustine went beyond 6000 year limit to about 9000 years. That is all.

There might be a zillion gods who dies and resurrected 3 days later. But that theme is ABSENT in Hinduism. None of [Hindu]Gods really died, and hence had no need for resurrection.

PS: Please do not quote some site quoting Mr. X quoting finally Percy Graves.

Hiwaunis
02 September 2009, 10:35 PM
YEEEEEESSS.

World was not created yesterday ie 6000 years ago a la genesis and xian philsophy. Augustine went beyond 6000 year limit to about 9000 years. That is all.

There might be a zillion gods who dies and resurrected 3 days later. But that theme is ABSENT in Hinduism. None of [Hindu]Gods really died, and hence had no need for resurrection.

Pranam,
I do agree that theme is absent in Hinduism. I certainly didn't mean to imply any Hindu God was resurrected. Just saying that the resurrection is not originally Christian.

You lost me here. What does this mean?

Namaste,

rcscwc
03 September 2009, 12:29 AM
I do agree that theme is absent in Hinduism. I certainly didn't mean to imply any Hindu God was resurrected. Just saying that the resurrection is not originally Christian.

So Easter does not relate to Hindus even remotely. I don't know if it is native to xianity or not.

Hiwaunis
03 September 2009, 11:10 PM
So Easter does not relate to Hindus even remotely. I don't know if it is native to xianity or not.

Pranam,
Happy Easter India! This holiday is really the memorial of the knowledge and wisdom which radiates from the East to the West. This knowledge which has the affect of removing the old dull color's of living a misguided life and decorating one with all the colors of the rainbow.

It's a memorial, MEMORIAL! I think you missed the point.

Any who, the whole egg thingy is a fertility ritual picked up from earlier religions.

Why replace christ with X? Does this have something to do with those who were born in the 80's who are now being called generation "X"? They say "X" is for exterminator.http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/images/icons/icon5.gif

Namaste,