9. Be aware and alive
10. Be open and receptive

atanu
17 April 2009, 02:45 PM
TEN PRINCIPLES FOR LIFE based on Santana Dharma
1. Accept Destiny
-----

Namaste spbulusu,

Although agreeing to the 10 points and destiny in general, I feel it is not fatalism. The concept of destiny is not clearly understood till it is not inquired "Destiny for whom?"

The complexity of this topic is reflected below:

Manu Smriti

Success in every undertaking depends on destiny and man combined.

The acts of destiny are out of control of man.

Think not of destiny but act thyself. VII-205.

You cannot gather what you have not sown.

As you have planted the tree, so will it grow. IX-40.

Whatever work a man does, whatever his motive, of that the reward he should get in a corresponding body. XII-81.

Om Namah Shivaya

yajvan
30 April 2009, 10:39 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

Namasté

What would be the one principle to capture and live that brings all the other (noble) principles with it?
Like a chair. We pull one leg and all the other legs and seat comes with, just by doing one thing... we get the whole chair.

What could be just this one thing that we capture & the essence of all the veda-s come with?

praṇām

atanu
04 May 2009, 01:41 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

Namasté

What would be the one principle to capture and live that brings all the other (noble) principles with it?
Like a chair. We pull one leg and all the other legs and seat comes with, just by doing one thing... we get the whole chair.

What could be just this one thing that we capture & the essence of all the veda-s come with?

praṇām

Namaste Yajvan Ji,

Ego is free to do anything (as the people of West are fond of saying "Freedom of Choice"). What however most do not appreciate is that the Ego (person) is also responsible of all that results from those free wheeling choices that a man exercises. In summary, person is bound very tightly by karma. Sanskrit meaning of Graha is 'that which binds'. Time and its quality, signified by graha positions, bind so tightly that one begins to cry. Guru Ramana says that actually ego is free to do one thing only: To seek God.

What is one good thing to do?

Shri Krishna says very emphatically, "Know the avyaya (imperishable) Paramatma situated in the midst of the perishable body." Same is reflected in Upanishads "Knowing Brahman all is known".

This goal is tricky. Ishwara visualised everything and so is everything planned. How does an ego do it? What power it has got? I think the secret (that suits me) is given in the 18th Chapter of Gita.

Om Namah Shivaya

rcscwc
14 August 2009, 08:18 PM
The principle of destiny runs counter to Law of Karmas, which is accepted by all the dharmic faiths of India. Absence of effort make you lazy and fatalists. Even self defence will not be possible.

Had Hindus accepted that muslim invasions and rule were destinty, Rana Pratap, Shivaji, Guru Gobind Singh etc would not have resisted them. British rule could never be uprooted, Indian National Army would not have appeared.