PDA

View Full Version : A Laugh

atanu
22 April 2009, 08:16 AM
These christians will not change and will not see.

Isaiah 60 (Amplified Bible)

Isaiah 60

1ARISE [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you--rise to a new life]! Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord), for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you!

2For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and dense darkness [all] peoples, but the Lord shall arise upon you [O Jerusalem], and His glory shall be seen on you.

3And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.

4Lift up your eyes round about you and see! They all gather themselves together, they come to you. Your sons shall come from afar, and your daughters shall be carried and nursed in the arms.

5Then you shall see and be radiant, and your heart shall thrill and tremble with joy [at the glorious deliverance] and be enlarged; because the abundant wealth of the [Dead] Sea shall be turned to you, unto you shall the nations come with their treasures.
----
19The sun shall no more be your light by day, nor for brightness shall the moon give light to you, but the Lord shall be to you an everlasting light, and your God your glory and your beauty.

20Your sun shall no more go down, nor shall your moon withdraw itself, for the Lord shall be your everlasting light, and the days of your mourning shall be ended.

Footnotes:

Isaiah 60:5 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=29&chapter=60&version=45#en-AMP-18827) Prior to well into the twentieth century, scholars could only speculate as to what Isaiah might have meant here by "the abundant wealth of the [Dead] Sea" that would one day be turned over to Jerusalem. Of course, the Dead Sea, which for ages had been considered only a place of death and desolation, was ruled out as a possible meaning. Then suddenly it was discovered that the waters of the Dead Sea contain important chemicals. In A.D. 1935 G.T.B. Davis wrote, "One is almost staggered by the computed wealth of the chemical salts of the Dead Sea. It is estimated that the potential value of the potash, bromine, and other chemical salts of its waters is... four times the wealth of the United States!" (G.T.B. Davis, Rebuilding Palestine) Isaiah himself did not know this, but the God who caused the Dead Sea to play a part in His program in the last days knew all about it, and He led the prophet to so prophesy here in this verse.-----------------------------

See the foolish materialistic footnote by so-called learned. Of course, we also see some such materialistic understanding of our scriptures from our brothers too.

But for these business men christians the knowledge of Dead Sea -- the dark sleep, is not immortality, when sun does not go down again. For these business men christians the treasures of Dead Sea are chemical salts: Potash, bromine and so forth. Will finding and selling potash, bromine etc. make the sun shine permanently, as Lord promises?

Om

vcindiana
22 April 2009, 07:38 PM
These christians will not change and will not see.

Om

Dear Atanu:

I am appalled to see this post by a learned person like you. You being a staunch Advaita know well any one including a foolish person can laugh at other person’s thoughts or comments regardless whether the comment was made with Avidya.
You know well, BG in Chapter 6 talks all about the Yoga of Equanimity, which is to keep our mind pure (in God), not to spend time criticizing, condemning or complaining about others.
We may not like attitude of some missionaries but in the Yoga (established in God) of equanimity we are not concerned about the wickedness , no sense in wasting time and energy in looking at someone else’s mistakes and faults.
I am sure you know all these and perhaps the stress of your work made you (as a human) probably to vent it out.
Love …………………….VC

Ps I did last year visit Israel and floated in Dead Sea. The experience was amazing. This is one of the natural wonders we cannot fathom. If you ever find time visit this place.

devotee
22 April 2009, 09:41 PM
I am appalled to see this post by a learned person like you. You being a staunch Advaita know well any one including a foolish person can laugh at other person’s thoughts or comments regardless whether the comment was made with Avidya.
You know well, BG in Chapter 6 talks all about the Yoga of Equanimity, which is to keep our mind pure (in God), not to spend time criticizing, condemning or complaining about others.
We may not like attitude of some missionaries but in the Yoga (established in God) of equanimity we are not concerned about the wickedness , no sense in wasting time and energy in looking at someone else’s mistakes and faults.
I am sure you know all these and perhaps the stress of your work made you (as a human) probably to vent it out.

Namaste Vcindiana,

You see only the criticism ? You missed the post completely ! Please read it again.

OM

satay
22 April 2009, 10:33 PM
Namaskar vcindiana,
For some reason you always end up twisting meaning when it comes to hindus and hinduism or at least that's what I have observed. I am still trying to figure out if you do this on purpose or it just happens. It couldn't be on purpose...it couldn't be, I tell myself.

Not only hindus have the right to criticize, condemn, complain about the nonsense foolish good for nothing missionaries and their agenda but the Lord has clearly instructed all to annihilate the adharmic forces. Since missionaries are adharmic forces in India, these should be annihilated with force.

Thus be happy that atanu who by his very nature sees equality in all has made the comment about the foolish christian scholar and it wasn't someone like me or TTA.

Love …………………….VC

atanu
23 April 2009, 12:03 AM
Dear Atanu:

I am appalled to see this post by a learned person like you. ----
-----not to spend time criticizing, condemning or complaining about others.
Love …………………….VC

Ps I did last year visit Israel and floated in Dead Sea. The experience was amazing. This is one of the natural wonders we cannot fathom. If you ever find time visit this place.

Namaste VCindiana,

Your advice is well taken. I acknowledge that when I read the post second time yesterday night, I did not like it fully. Wished to edit it but let it go.

At the same time let me ask you respectfully, why you are appalled, when worshipping a chemical loaded gold mine Dead Sea is merely worshipping an idol - an icon? After floating on Dead Sea, has your sun become permanent (as promised by Lord?). Why criticise Hindus for considering places, times and certain forms auspicious?

Do you really think that winning the resources of Dead Sea, will make Lord's light permanent?

Similarly, I can show you verses, where Lord, in old Testament says: "Suddenly a nation will be given to you, where there will be no violence. I will make Lion, Goat etc. live in equinamity and equity (sorry not exact wordings)". So, the politician-businessmen who wanted control of oil reources of West Asia, cite institution of Israel as Lord's prophesy coming true. What has happened of Lord's promise of no hatred, no war, no man killing another, Lion and goat and snake living together?

The whole of Christian-Jew machinery is just business, politics and lies -- schemes to get more and more control -- and that is the greatest idolatory. That is covetousness. Worship of the body, its needs, and worship of materialism. This is the idolatory Lord warned of. Please read Old Testament again and again with purity of mind, and see whether I am correct or not?

------------------------

Please note that I am not talkng of average Christian or Jew or I am not condemning the scripture. I am talking of the policy makers who justify their abominable acts citing scripture.

Lastly: You have alluded to my post as condemning others. But I think that stating facts or pointing out anomalies is not condemning. On the other hand, even a single christian/jew/muslim reading this and initiating the true search for the spiritual dead sea, will be an auspicious karma.

Regards

Om

atanu
23 April 2009, 02:49 AM
We can see verse after verse that Lord's sayings have most likely been subverted. One example follows:

Jeremiah 4 (Amplified Bible)
4Circumcise yourselves to the Lord and take away the foreskins of your hearts, you men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, lest My wrath go forth like fire [consuming all that gets in its way] and burn so that no one can quench it because of the evil of your doings.

------------------
Now, are they not idolators who merely remove their prepuce and claim to be clean?

Om

vcindiana
23 April 2009, 10:41 PM
[quote=satay;27724]Namaskar vcindiana,

Not only hindus have the right to criticize, condemn, complain about the nonsense foolish good for nothing missionaries and their agenda but the Lord has clearly instructed all to annihilate the adharmic forces. Since missionaries are adharmic forces in India, these should be annihilated with force.

quote]

Dear Satay:

This is interesting. I am not sure this is the core message of Geeta. Please bear with me, I am learning. As I understand Geeta is nothing to do with the outcome or the fruit of the action. (annihilation), but it is all about Swadharma ( I call it personal responsibility for simplistic meaning)

As an example, if you can clearly distinguish Good and bad ( Adharmic) people , how come in Mahabarata good people like Bhishma, Drona and Karna sided Kauravas against the good Pandavas?. It is my understanding this is not about killing bad people and ending like in any fairy tale that they all lived happily forever. Please help me to understand

Love..........VC

vcindiana
23 April 2009, 10:44 PM
Namaste VCindiana,

Your advice is well taken. I acknowledge that when I read the post second time yesterday night, I did not like it fully. Wished to edit it but let it go.

Om

Dear Atanu: I had or have no intention to put you down. My only remark was about the title “Laugh” for your post. You did acknowledge and it is over. Thank you.
My little advice to you if you do care, is to stop worrying about the activities of missionaries. Sanatana Dharma is too big and eternal to be so easily destroyed by a few misguided missionaries. Geeta gives us all that assurance. None of the great personalities like Gandhi, Vinobha, and RadhaKrishnan, Vivekananda etc.were afraid of Bible or its people. These people were dare enough to quote Bible verses in their writings and talks.
You know that if we want to find bad things we can find bad things in everything which is not constructive.
Some one said “If some one gives us a lemon it is better we make lemonade”.

Love................VC

devotee
23 April 2009, 11:28 PM
Namaste Vcindiana,

I don't think you got the message behind Atanu's posts. He is not speaking against those verses. Those verses are gold nuggets if correctly interpreted. What Atanu laments that these beautiful verses have been interpreted in a too simplistic way & the real message behind these verses have been missed completely ! The "dead sea" in the verse quoted is not to be taken as the dead sea on the face of the earth. It is talking about something deeper !! Don't you think it is a great loss for those all who are taught such absurd meaning of the scriptures ? The title "a laugh" is actually a laugh in helplessness when it hurts most but at the same time you pretty well know that you can't do much about it. Who is going to listen to you ?

The Bible is not much different from the Vedanta if interpreted correctly. While interpreting scriptures, it must be kept in mind that the reailsation/revelation of those verses has come at superconcious level of mind & therefore many a times the verses contain much more than meets the eyes.

You have been on this forum for quite some time & you know Atanu well. He can never think of hurting relgious sentiments carelessly. Rest assured !

OM

atanu
23 April 2009, 11:34 PM
Namaste Vcindiana,

I don't think you got the message behind Atanu's posts. He is not speaking against those verses. Those verses are gold nuggets if correctly interpreted. What Atanu laments that these beautiful verses have been interpreted in a too simplistic way & the real message behind these verses have been missed completely ! The "dead sea" in the verse quoted is not to be taken as the dead sea on the face of the earth. It is talking about something deeper !! Don't you think it is a great loss for those all who are taught such absurd meaning of the scriptures ? The title "a laugh" is actually a laugh in helplessness when it hurts most but at the same time you pretty well know that you can't do much about it. Who is going to listen to you ?

The Bible is not much different from the Vedanta if interpreted correctly. While interpreting scriptures, it must be kept in mind that the reailsation/revelation of those verses has come at superconcious level of mind & therefore many a times the verses contain much more than meets the eyes.

You have been on this forum for quite some time & you know Atanu well. He can never think of hurting relgious sentiments carelessly. Rest assured !

OM

Namaste Devotee,

Thank you devotee. I think there is no requirement of a separate answer to Shri VC from my side.

I just wish to inform VC, that most of the time, I post with the awareness of the vichara "Who am I?". Believing in advaita does not mean that one will not distinguish betwen a chair and a table for their respective functions.

Om

satay
23 April 2009, 11:53 PM
namaskar vc,

I don't think you need to learn Gita from me. You are in good hands with Yajvan, Atanu, devotee and sai.

On missionary activity everyone seems to have an opinion, isn't it?;)

My opinion is that it is every hindu's swadharma to remove adharmic forces. Since missionary activity is adharmic force, it should be remvoed.

'nough said...

Dear Satay:
Please help me to understand

Love..........VC

atanu
24 April 2009, 12:44 AM
For Shri VC

I request you to please read the following and instruct us as to the meaning:
Isaiah 29 (Amplified Bible)

6You shall be visited and delivered by the Lord of hosts with thunder and earthquake and great noise, with whirlwind and tempest and the flame of a devouring fire.

7And the multitude of all the nations that fight against Ariel [Jerusalem], even all that fight against her and her stronghold and that distress her, shall be as a dream, a vision of the night.

8It shall be as when a hungry man dreams that he is eating, but he wakens with his craving not satisfied; or as when a thirsty man dreams that he is drinking, but he wakens and is faint, and his thirst is not quenched. So shall the multitude of all the nations be that fight against Mount Zion.

9Stop and wonder [at this prophecy, if you choose, whether you understand it or not; soon you will witness the actual event] and be confounded [reluctantly]! Blind yourselves [now, if you choose; take your pleasure] and then be blinded [at the actual occurrence]. They are drunk, but not from wine; they stagger, but not from strong drink .

[B]10For the Lord has poured out on you the spirit of deep sleep. And He has closed your eyes, the prophets; and your heads, the seers, He has covered and muffled.

11And the vision of all this has become for you like the words of a book that is sealed. When men give it to one who can read, saying, Read this, I pray you, he says, I cannot, for it is sealed.

12And when the book is given to him who is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray you, he says, I cannot read.

13And the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth and honor Me with their lips but remove their hearts and minds far from Me, and their fear and reverence for Me are a commandment of men that is learned by repetition [without any thought as to the meaning]

14Therefore, behold! I will again do marvelous things with this people, marvelous and astonishing things; and the wisdom of their wise men will perish, and the understanding of their discerning men will vanish or be hidden.
-----------------------------------
Amen.

atanu
24 April 2009, 12:54 AM
Satay has pointed out the following for Shri VC:

For some reason you always end up twisting meaning when it comes to hindus and hinduism or at least that's what I have observed.

Is it due to Shri VC trying to put Hindu scriptures in the mould of his understanding of christian scripture? Rather, let us put christian scripture in the mould of our understanding of Turya and its states, and see whether it holds or not?

I may be wrong, but I think that the above portions from Isaiah 29 do speak significantly similar to Vedanta. And surprisingly, the Amplifier of the Amplified Bible leaves these passages un-amplified. The book has been given to them sealed.

Amen.

atanu
24 April 2009, 04:24 AM
10 For the Lord has poured out on you the spirit of deep sleep. And He has closed your eyes, the prophets; and your heads, the seers, He has covered and muffled.
11 And the vision of all this has become for you like the words of a book that is sealed. When men give it to one who can read, saying, Read this, I pray you, he says, I cannot, for it is sealed.
12 And when the book is given to him who is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray you, he says, I cannot read.-----------------------------------

RV HYMN III. Agni.
1. THOU at thy birth art Varuna, O Agni; when thou art kindled thou becomest Mitra. In thee, O Son of Strength, all Gods are centred. Indra art thou to man who brings oblation.
2 Aryaman art thou as regardeth maidens mysterious, is thy name, O Self-sustainer. As a kind friend with streams of milk they balm thee what time thou makest wife and lord one-minded.
3 The Maruts deck their beauty for thy glory, yea, Rudra! for thy birth fair, brightly-coloured. That which was fixed as Visnu's loftiest station-therewith the secret of the Cows thou guardest.
---------------------------------------Lord Indra the Seer is in union with Indrani, the soul, when we think we are deep asleep. Can we ever know this lovemaking? Surely, pending Lord's grace and lifting of the veil. What "I am" in deep sleep is this whole. Then who is in the body and what this body is?

Om Namah Shivaya

satay
24 April 2009, 06:36 PM
Namaskar,

It is no surprise that Bible has seemingly 'some' truth in it. As christian history tells us, it was a common thing among leaders of christianity to steal ideas from other traditions, especially pagan traditions. This was done to attract and convert the pagans to the christian tradition and in the process absorb and remove the pagan tradition. In fact, even today, one can see the missionaries wearing a tilak or an orange robe to fool the adherents of certain traditions. There is such a thing called 'christian yoga' as well. ;)

Bible is a scripture for the malecchas and the peasants. Though it is a good exercise to read it for amusement, it offers nothing (extra) spritually to an adherent of sanatana dharma. Bible is a hodge podge of many stolen ideas.

atanu
25 April 2009, 05:17 AM
Namaskar,

It is no surprise that Bible has seemingly 'some' truth in it. As christian history tells us, it was a common thing among leaders of christianity to steal ideas from other traditions, especially pagan traditions. This was done to attract and convert the pagans to the christian tradition and in the process absorb and remove the pagan tradition. In fact, even today, one can see the missionaries wearing a tilak or an orange robe to fool the adherents of certain traditions. There is such a thing called 'christian yoga' as well. ;)

Bible is a scripture for the malecchas and the peasants. Though it is a good exercise to read it for amusement, it offers nothing (extra) spritually to an adherent of sanatana dharma. Bible is a hodge podge of many stolen ideas.

Namaste Satay,

The laugh, irrespective of history, is that the book when given to them is rejected, saying either "the book is sealed" or "I cannot read", as below:

11 And the vision of all this has become for you like the words of a book that is sealed. When men give it to one who can read, saying, Read this, I pray you, he says, I cannot, for it is sealed.
12 And when the book is given to him who is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray you, he says, I cannot read.Amen

satay
25 April 2009, 11:34 AM
Amusing indeed.

:)

Namaste Satay,

The laugh, irrespective of history, is that the book when given to them is rejected, saying either "the book is sealed" or "I cannot read", as below:
Amen

atanu
26 April 2009, 02:07 AM
Further:
Isaiah 66 (Amplified Bible)

1THUS SAYS the Lord: Heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool. What kind of house would you build for Me? And what kind can be My resting-place?(A (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=29&chapter=66&version=45#cen-AMP-18924A))

2For all these things My hand has made, and so all these things have come into being [by and for Me], says the Lord. But this is the man to whom I will look and have regard: he who is humble and of a broken or wounded spirit, and who trembles at My word and reveres My commands.(B (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=29&chapter=66&version=45#cen-AMP-18925B))

3[The acts of the hypocrite's worship are as abominable to God as if they were offered to idols.] He who kills an ox [then] will be as guilty as if he slew and sacrificed a man; he who sacrifices a lamb or a kid, as if he broke a dog's neck and sacrificed him; he who offers a cereal offering, as if he offered swine's blood; he who burns incense [to God], as if he blessed an idol. [Such people] have chosen their own ways, and they delight in their abominations;

4So I also will choose their delusions and mockings, their calamities and afflictions, and I will bring their fears upon them--because when I called, no one answered; when I spoke, they did not listen or obey. But they did what was evil in My sight and chose that in which I did not delight.

5Hear the word of the Lord, you who tremble at His word: Your brethren who hate you, who cast you out for My name's sake, have said, Let the Lord be glorified, that we may see your joy! But it is they who shall be put to shame.

6[Hark!] An uproar from the city! A voice from the temple! The voice of the Lord, rendering recompense to His enemies!

7Before [Zion] travailed, she gave birth; before her pain came upon her, she was delivered of a male child.

8Who has heard of such a thing? Who has seen such things? Shall a land [a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=29&chapter=66&version=45#fen-AMP-18931a)]be born in one day? Or shall a nation be brought forth in a moment? For as soon as Zion was in labor, she brought forth her children.

9Shall I bring to the [moment of] birth and not cause to bring forth? says the Lord. Shall I Who causes to bring forth shut the womb? says your God.

10Rejoice with Jerusalem and be glad for her, all you who love her; rejoice for joy with her, all you who mourn over her,

11That you may nurse and be satisfied from her consoling breasts, that you may drink deeply and be delighted with the abundance and brightness of her glory.

12For thus says the Lord: Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the nations like an overflowing stream; then you will be nursed, you will be carried on her hip and trotted [lovingly bounced up and down] on her [God's maternal] knees.
Footnotes:

Isaiah 66:8 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=29&chapter=66&version=45#en-AMP-18931) Never in the history of the world had such a thing happened before--but God keeps His word. As definitely foretold here and in Ezekiel 37:21, 22, Israel became a recognized nation, actually "born in one day." After being away from their homeland for almost 2,000 years, the Jews were given a national homeland in Palestine by the Balfour Declaration in November, 1917. In 1922, the League of Nations gave Great Britain the mandate over Palestine. On May 14, 1948, Great Britain withdrew her mandate, and immediately Israel was declared a sovereign state, and her growth and importance among nations became astonishing.--------------------------------------------------------------

Who can ever imagine that the verse 66.8 above speaks of setting up of Israel? Going deeply into the scripture, I am now sure that there is very little truth in actions of these Jew-Christian Military-Business juggernaut but a lot of political and business game to control and exploit the Mother.

Jerusalem must be the Mother Devi-Aditi, the footstool of Lord, as mentioned in Isaiah 66.1. Who can believe that the verse 66.8 alludes to setting up of Israel and not Zion (Aditi) bringing forth children of God, as is also mentioned in Vedas?

Om

Note: Verse "Heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool---- (66.1), is beautiful. Lord is Visvarupa and not a warlord on behalf of a particular country.

atanu
26 April 2009, 02:25 AM
Friends,

There are many Hindu Gurus who cite Bible and show similarity with the teachings of the Vedas. One revered Guru says that the truth "I am that I am", is not taught as boldly and as precisely in any other scripture. I tend to have faith on these Hindu teachers, since I have personally seen the Gold present in Bible, both old and new.

But the present day Churchianity is surely far away from the Bible. In fact, they are representatives of Devil -- the individual Ego, which wants only more and more. They have plainly killed the Knowledge.
-----------------------------

Shri VC,

Please pardon my outburst. It had to come out, since Vedas teach "Truth and nothing but the truth". I have not gone in search of the two anomalies shown in this thread, namely: a) the interpretation of Dead Sea and its precious contents and b) Setting up of Israel in one day.

These anomalies just were just revealed when I was looking for something equivalent of Deep Sleep Pragnya knowledge of Vedas/Upanishads in Bible. The deep sleep knowledge is indeed present in Bible -- yet it is probably sealed to most christians. Just incidentally, the interpretations wrt 'Dead Sea' and 'Setting up of Israel in one day' also came up. As mere duty I have recorded them here.

If you think that these interpretations of the Christian Scholars are truthful then that will be your view alone. I see only deception. And I had to give it a vent.

Om Namah Shivaya

vcindiana
26 April 2009, 08:08 PM
Shri VC,
Please pardon my outburst. It had to come out, since Vedas teach "Truth and nothing but the truth". ................I had to give it a vent.

Om Namah Shivaya

Dear Atanu: I am sorry; perhaps I did not word it properly in my very first response. I see Karma philosophy as a very practical thing in this world. I hate some one then he hates me, I make fun of some one he makes fun of me. I laugh at some one, he laughs at my own mistakes. I love some one, he LOVES me. The interpreters of the scriptures, Bible or Geeta may be wrong out of Avidya you may call it. I am a strong believer in challenging them in a positive way. But as a human being I may get carried away in the emotion or knee jerk thinking. Please let me know whenever I derail.
Thank you for deep insight and humilty.
Love..................VC

atanu
27 April 2009, 02:32 AM
Dear Atanu: I am sorry; perhaps I did not word it properly in my very first response. I see Karma philosophy as a very practical thing in this world. I hate some one then he hates me, I make fun of some one he makes fun of me. I laugh at some one, he laughs at my own mistakes. I love some one, he LOVES me. Love..................VC

Namaskar VC,

atanu errs more than anyone else.

But wrt to karma, i wish to point out that the knowledge goes deeper than simple "I hate some one then he hates me --". This is what is perceivable. But what is not perceivable is "When I hate some one then I hate me --".

Om

vcindiana
28 April 2009, 09:38 PM
Namaskar VC,

atanu errs more than anyone else.

But wrt to karma, i wish to point out that the knowledge goes deeper than simple "I hate some one then he hates me --". This is what is perceivable. But what is not perceivable is "When I hate some one then I hate me --".

Om

Dear Atanu: Err is human.

You are right about what is not perceivable is "When I hate some one then I hate me .
What I understand from you is that all the external actions are the reflections of the inner mind. External actions like doing, speaking, writing etc... reveal either the inner dirt or the purity of the mind.
As per BG chapter 5, at my level of comprehension, external action or karma reveals my defect or weakness. For me without finding defects I cannot grow (Vikasa). To lessen the defect I need to repeatedly try to think (sadhana) of Vikarma (purity of mind) in all Swadharma. Karma gets lighter and becomes more natural and easier. ( ? Akarma)
Does this make sense to you?
Love………………..VC

atanu
30 April 2009, 12:08 AM
Dear Atanu: Err is human.

You are right about what is not perceivable is "When I hate some one then I hate me .
What I understand from you is that all the external actions are the reflections of the inner mind. External actions like doing, speaking, writing etc... reveal either the inner dirt or the purity of the mind.
As per BG chapter 5, at my level of comprehension, external action or karma reveals my defect or weakness. For me without finding defects I cannot grow (Vikasa). To lessen the defect I need to repeatedly try to think (sadhana) of Vikarma (purity of mind) in all Swadharma. Karma gets lighter and becomes more natural and easier. ( ? Akarma)
Does this make sense to you?
Love………………..VC

Namaste VC,

I think, the goal as you state is fine for everyone. Simex, in another thread, provided a nice pictorial depiction of truth as a continuum, which appears discrete due to its un-evenness.

It is like wave-particle duality. One must eventually know the fabric that connects every low and high and also remains as the substratum for all shapes/names that are formed due to continuous unfoldment of the continuum called Brahman (homogeneous fabric).

In this continuum, where one places oneself? That determines karma or even total freedom from karma.

What I say may seem to be from outside Gita, but I assure that this note is not from outside of Gita.

Regards,

Om Namah Shivaya

atanu
20 June 2009, 11:23 AM
Isaiah

"The redeemed of the Lord shall return and come with singing to Zion and ever-lasting joy shall be upon their head. They shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away", (v l l).

For mine house shall be called a house of prayer for all people", (v 7)

For ye shall go out with joy and be led forth with peace; the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands", (v 12).

"Arise, shine, for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee".

"Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation and thy gates, Praise", (v 18).
--------------------------------------

The sentence with bold font indicates breaking of all boundaries. Salvation is the wall and gates are the praises of Lord. Jerusalem or Zion means an abode of eternal peace. In physical Jerusalem, however, there never was peace.

"There is no peace, saith the Lord, unto the wicked", (v 22).

Om Namah Shivaya