PDA

View Full Version : Wendy Doginer the Hindus and Alternative History

Sagefrakrobatik
25 April 2009, 03:41 PM
Its pretty big anyone going to read it?

http://http://www.amazon.com/Hindus-Alternative-History-Wendy-Doniger/dp/1594202052/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

TatTvamAsi
26 April 2009, 05:44 PM
Hell no!

Wendy Doniger is the ultimate untouchable, pseudo-secular, anti-Hindu filth that pervades Western academia! She is the embodiment of a sheep in wolf's clothing because superficially she 'devotes' her time to studying and teaching Hinduism/Indian traditions, her so-called work is filled with vitriolic hate and absolute garbage about India, her people, and her glorious heritage.

Her mind is filled with crude and extremely sexual interpretations of anything Indian or especially Hindu. Her infatuation with things sexual is so disgusting that it appalls me that someone of that nature sits in one of the top positions in the ivory tower of academia; Mircea Eliade Professor of "History of Religions". Although she has a Ph.D. from Oxford and Harvard (Yes, TWO PhDs), her mind is filled to the brim with vulgarities that I cringe to even think about.

EVERY HINDU, and everyone who is interested about India or Hinduism should read this book ("Invading the Sacred:An Analysis of Hinduism Studies in America). Her book is filled with completely FALSE information, propaganda, and completely misinterpreted and misinformed opinions.

Every Hindu should write a letter to the University of Chicago (where Doniger teaches) and let them know the kind of garbage this demon, I mean Doniger, is spreading.

Please read "Invading the Sacred"; it is an excellent book and clearly enumerates the important issues surrounding Hinduism studies in the US and Western academia in general.

Sagefrakrobatik
27 May 2009, 04:24 PM
Cool I will look for but you still should read her book. Maybe she has redeemed herself. Maybe its still the same garbage but you never know.

Kumar_Das
04 January 2013, 11:10 AM
Hell no!

Wendy Doniger is the ultimate untouchable, pseudo-secular, anti-Hindu filth that pervades Western academia! She is the embodiment of a sheep in wolf's clothing because superficially she 'devotes' her time to studying and teaching Hinduism/Indian traditions, her so-called work is filled with vitriolic hate and absolute garbage about India, her people, and her glorious heritage.

Her mind is filled with crude and extremely sexual interpretations of anything Indian or especially Hindu. Her infatuation with things sexual is so disgusting that it appalls me that someone of that nature sits in one of the top positions in the ivory tower of academia; Mircea Eliade Professor of "History of Religions". Although she has a Ph.D. from Oxford and Harvard (Yes, TWO PhDs), her mind is filled to the brim with vulgarities that I cringe to even think about.

EVERY HINDU, and everyone who is interested about India or Hinduism should read this book ("Invading the Sacred:An Analysis of Hinduism Studies in America). Her book is filled with completely FALSE information, propaganda, and completely misinterpreted and misinformed opinions.

Every Hindu should write a letter to the University of Chicago (where Doniger teaches) and let them know the kind of garbage this demon, I mean Doniger, is spreading.

Please read "Invading the Sacred"; it is an excellent book and clearly enumerates the important issues surrounding Hinduism studies in the US and Western academia in general.

Bump. Excellent post. Important read for all Hindus. We need to guard ourselves from scum like this.

Gaurapriya
05 January 2013, 09:36 PM
Cool I will look for but you still should read her book. Maybe she has redeemed herself. Maybe its still the same garbage but you never know.

I've read parts of it and I agree with what a few have said: it's absolute garbage and highly sexualised, not unlike theorisations of things such as the Aryan Invasion myth or other scholars of old who saw Hindu Dharma in the eyes of disgust and primitivism.

Every page is filled with something in Hindu history apparently going back to some sexualised ideal. I would rather read something else.

Sudas Paijavana
12 November 2013, 08:09 AM
deleted