PDA

View Full Version : our illusions and the illusions of others toward us

ConnieD
03 May 2009, 01:53 PM
In Jagannath Hora Help Contents search "Arudhas" I read:

AL, A1..A9 and UL are arudra lagnas. An Arudha Pada of a house or a planet (graha) mirrors the entity. It indicates "Maya", or 'illusions' assosiated with that entity. Arudhas of houses indicate illusions or perceptions of others around areas of life of the native, and Arudhas of planets indicate illusion or perception about entities indicated by the planets.

I read the arudra lagnas and arudra padas are mentioned in the Jaimini Sutras.

What can the vedic astrologers tell us, about our illusions and the illusions of others toward us?

ConnieD
06 May 2009, 10:24 PM
I read in a N. Rao translation of Jaimini Sutras introduction:

So, when someone looks at some individual from the outside, a political leader that looks wise, perceived as an honest man, of great Jovian (Jupiter) qualities. Yet we have come to find out he is corrupt, of meager intelligence, etc. The AL or Arudha is how we perceived him, how the world sees him. But one gets to know the person from an incident, a news story, etc. the AL of him is no longer a logical view. This happens all the time.

I have been reading further.

Interpretive skills are apparently not different, only we look at illusions about us and our own propensities for illusion.

That is to say, only the essential meaning is different, because the arudra points are about the illusion of other people about you, or, your particular tendency to illusion.

The Jagannath Hora Help section explains this much:

Use of Arudha Lagna (Ascendant):

Arudha pada of a house is simply called arudha or pada also. In this book, we will denote the arudha pada on nth house with An. For example, arudha pada of 4th house is A4 and arudha pada of 9th house is A9.

Example:

The 10th house from lagna in D-10 show's one's true conduct in society. It shows the one's career and the true nature of one's karma (work). The 10th house from AL in D-10 shows perceptions about one's conduct in society. It deals more with one's status in career.

Use of Bhava Arudhas (house):

Arudha padas show the maya (illusion) of material world. Arudha pada of nth house shows the maya associated with the matters signified by of nth house.

Example:

1st house stands for self. While the first house from lagna stands for true self, its arudha pada (AL) stands for the maya associated with self. It shows how the native is perceived in the material world. It shows the status of the native.

I hope someone else is interested in consideration of illusions about us and each person's particular propensities to a specific class of illusions.