PDA

View Full Version : Advices about how to obtain mind control.

orlando
10 July 2006, 10:39 AM
Namaste all.
I have big problems about control mind.Every day I have ofter bad thoughs (I don't mean sexual thoughs but things that make me suffer).THere is no reason for these thoughts but I have them every day. really need to obtain mind control.So I will can avoid to have paining thoughts.
By http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/yogasutr.htm

1.1 Now, instruction in Union.

1.2. Union is restraining the thought-streams natural to the mind.

1.3. Then the seer dwells in his own nature.

1.4. Otherwise he is of the same form as the thought-streams.

1.5. The thought-streams are five-fold, painful and not painful.

1.6. Right knowledge, wrong knowledge, fancy, sleep and memory.

1.7. Right knowledge is inference, tradition and genuine cognition.

1.8. Wrong knowledge is false, illusory, erroneous beliefs or notions.

1.9. Fancy is following after word-knowledge empty of substance.

1.10. Deep sleep is the modification of the mind which has for its substratum nothingness.

1.11. Memory is not allowing mental impressions to escape.

1.12. These thought-streams are controlled by practice and non-attachment.

My problems are about fancy.I am not able to prevent my mind from doing painful fancies thoughs.

I was interested to pranayama to solve this problem.In hindunet forum Shri Sarabhanga said:
If you have “big problems” with mind control, then I suggest that you slow down a bit and go back to the foundation of all Yoga systems, which is Yama-Niyama.

In hindunet forum Shri Sarabhanga told me:

My problems are about fancy. I am not able to prevent my mind from doing painful fancies.
The answer, as I have repeatedly noted, lies in the continous and determined practice of Yama-Niyama.

I replied:I know.My mind is agitated because of my bad karma.I already know this.Ahimsa,SatyaBrahmacharya,ecc of course will help me.Thanks again.

I am trying to practice yama and niyama as much as I can.
I do a lot of Rama-Nama every day in order to destroy my bad karma.I noted that recite OM helps me enough.

By http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/yogasutr.htm
.24. God is a particular yet universal indweller, untouched by afflictions, actions, impressions and their results.

1.25. In God, the seed of omniscience is unsurpassed.

1.26. Not being conditioned by time, God is the teacher of even the ancients.

1.27. God's voice is Om.

1.28. The repetition of Om should be made with an understanding of its meaning.

1.29. From that is gained introspection and also the disappearance of obstacles.

1.30. Disease, inertia, doubt, lack of enthusiasm, laziness, sensuality, mind-wandering, missing the point, instability- these distractions of the mind are the obstacles.

1.31. Pain, despair, nervousness, and disordered inspiration and expiration are co-existent with these obstacles.

About my bad karma...in this same life I did many bad sins that verbally violate the rule of Ahimsa (not-violence).I did make suffer very much a person which didn't deserve to suffer at all.And now God is making me pay the price!
However now I behave in a different way toward tha person.
This painful fancy is really painful.Tomorrow I will go to a psycologist.
Please could someone give me advices about how to obtain mind control?

Regards,
Orlando.

indianx
28 July 2006, 10:26 PM
Are you looking for the emptiness of mind, the nothingness, or simply control over the mind?

I am not as knowledgeable in the Dharma as sarabhanga or the others, but when my mind is clouded or when I'm uncertain, I find this quote helps me:

Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing. Awareness is without choice, without demand, without anxiety; in that state of mind, there is perception. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. Awareness has no frontier; it is giving of your whole being, without exclusion.

saidevo
15 August 2006, 10:20 AM
If you still have the problem of mind control, I suggest you practice the relaxation techniques detailed in this Website:

http://www.swamij.com/

sarabhanga
18 August 2006, 05:13 AM
Namaste Saidevo,

Many thanks for providing a link to Jnaneshvara Bharatiji's excellent web-site! :)