PDA

View Full Version : Aum Shanti from David

DavidC
15 June 2009, 04:54 PM
Aum Shanti, everyone,

(or should I have said three 'Shantis' and maybe another 'Om?') I have been interested in Sanatana Dharma for 11+ years--ever since I have been into mysticism/esoterism and then Yoga. I did not really want to choose a religion in my profile because I am a ecumenical between religions, but Sanatana Dharma is still the best description because it can include others. In the religions about impersonal Divinity I am also ordained in a Nazarean Essene church that is ecumenical but I would also like to be so in Sanatana Dharma, and if I had to choose a personal divinity besides the rather impersonal or supreme Aum or Amen(et) it would be one in Hellenismos. So, I think the profile religious choices could really be improved: you do not have Jainism, Mazdayasna (Zoroastrianism,) Ayyavazhi, Bahai, and European, Australasian, African, or American ethnic religions. Theosophy would also be a good choice, though it is a Philosophy.

I like Sanatana Dharma because Yoga worked (and still works) for me, and many divinities of India seem to have influenced most other Eurasian religions. Whether Sumerian religion was older or not, Sanatana Dharma is a way to get back to the source and I like the usual focus on ahimsa.

I am a math & computer sci student and artist and musician. I like to make Goa trance but of course I think Classical music is best.

--Bro. David