PDA

View Full Version : about me

Abdul
17 June 2009, 09:03 PM
salaam everyone,

I am abdul from India. I am a muslim. I believe in allah. I would like to learn about the sanatana dharma. Some of my friends are hindus. I am a little sad to see the threads in the islam section of this forum. Hopefully you all will like me. You should know that we muslims are not all jihadis. Ordinary muslims like me love peace and love india.

saidevo
17 June 2009, 09:41 PM
Namaste Abdul.

Welcome to HDF. Glad that you seek to know about Sanatana Dharma; you will find a lot of information here.

The threads here that talk about Islamic aggression here certainly do not imply that all Muslims are jihadis. Hindus in India don't dislike common Muslims, far from it. Our Muslim brethren are often addressed with the title 'bhAi' meaning 'brother'. Although a Hindu brahmin, I buy my puja and even ceremony articles from a Muslim shop; I am amazed at their knowledge about what and when we require.

However, the mistake with the Muslim commons in India and abroad--as in the case of Christian commons--is that they do not adequately raise their voice against the teachings of religious aggression from their clergy and about the acts they ensue. One exception could be the recent news that Muslims in Delhi held demonstrations against the Talibans. If Muslim commons, like their Hindu brethren, raise their voice against religious aggression and mobilize public opinion, it could force the clergies to review the anachronistic teachings in Islam and save the Muslim youth from being misguided into losing their God-given gift of life.

Welcome, once again, to HDF!

devotee
17 June 2009, 10:46 PM
salaam everyone,

I am abdul from India. I am a muslim. I believe in allah. I would like to learn about the sanatana dharma. Some of my friends are hindus. I am a little sad to see the threads in the islam section of this forum. Hopefully you all will like me. You should know that we muslims are not all jihadis. Ordinary muslims like me love peace and love india.

Namaste Abdul,

Welcome to HDF ! :)

I also have some very good Muslim friends, as most of the Indians. Barring a few exceptions (such exceptions are there in all societies even within same community), Muslims and Hindus have been living in India peacefully for centuries. In my ancestral village, no marriage is considered complete without going to Dargah of one of our revered Muslim saints.

The problem is not in Hinduism or in Islam, it is in politics. The less said is better.

In fact, I see the Indian Muslim as moderate & progressive face of Muslim Community. The distorted picture of Islam which is being projected by the Islamic Jihadist, can be set right only by moderate Muslims where Indian Muslims may have a good role to play.

Best wishes ...

Eastern Mind
07 December 2009, 04:15 PM
Vannakkam Shaan:

If you read the dates on the left side of the page it gives you an idea of how active the discussion was, or how long it lasted. The member you are addressing has a total of 4 posts, and they were about 6 months back. Most likely he will not be back here to read your message. This is just my humble suggestion.

Aum Namasivaya

sanjaya
07 December 2009, 07:08 PM
salaam everyone,

Hi Abdul, pleased to meet you. I agree that not all Muslims are jihadists or anti-Indian. It's unfortunate that the extremists make all Indian Muslims look bad.