PDA

View Full Version : Radha and Sita

Peshalah
19 June 2009, 01:03 AM
Dear friends,

I consider Krishna, Ramma and Shiva all to be God but in different forms. But do their consorts;
Radha, Sita and Parvati also hold the same status as God? I know that I can worship Radha and Sita but I don't know the differences in the way I should worship them from the way I worship Krishna or Ram. I worship Krishna alone as God. Can I worship Radha or Sita alone as God? I also feel a little strange if I give too much attention to Radha or Sita since they are married to Krishna and Ram. Maybe it is just my earthly thinking. Normally when I see a beautiful woman I can very much admire her beauty. But if I learn that the woman has a husband I avoid staring and decide not to think of her or feel affectionate towards her out of respect for her husband and the bonds they have with each other. Therefore I have been meditating very much on Krishna and Ram but not much on Radha and Sita. I want to meditate more on them also but I don't do so as much because I don't yet understand exactly how I am supposed to feel towards them or the appropriate way to feel towards them. Can anyone help with this question?
Hare Krishna,
Peshalah

Peshalah
19 June 2009, 10:14 AM
How exactly am I to worship Radha in comparison to the way I would worship Krishna? How am I to think of her? We are allowed to love Krishna as either a lover, (gopi), a son, a friend or a king. So in what forms of relationship can we think of Radha? If I am only to think of Radha as simply the wife of Krishna, I will certainly not have as close of a relationship with her as I would have with Krishna. I would obviously have a closer relationship with my dear friend than I would have with my dear friend's wife. In what way can we meditate upon the Divine feminin energy?

Jivattatva
20 June 2009, 05:42 AM
Jai Sri Krishna

Jai Sri Radhe

Pranaams unto you Peshalan

Firstly iskcon is an unorthodox branch of Gaudiya Vaishnavism. The founding acharyas of our Sampradaya originating from Madhavacharya to Lord Chaitanya , like Srila Rupa Goswami, Srila Sanatan taught that our devotion is best served by serving Sri Radha, in the form of a manjari (maidservant) than directly serving Sri Krishna. Because Radha is Krishna's object of love therefore seeing devotees serving her makes Krshna all the more happy.

The goal of our sadhana is to serve Radha.

I am initiated into the family of Sri Advaita Acharya, an associate of Mahaprabhu. My guru Sri Sadhu Baba is a direct descendant of Advaita Acharya. To know more about him please visit my guru's site: http://home.kpn.nl/dijk7364/

More materials about Gvism that is closer to how our founding acharyas envisioned it be can be found here: http://caitanyasympos.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Peshalah
21 June 2009, 04:21 AM
"our devotion is best served by serving Sri Radha, in the form of a manjari (maidservant) than directly serving Sri Krishna. Because Radha is Krishna's object of love therefore seeing devotees serving her makes Krshna all the more happy.

The goal of our sadhana is to serve Radha."

That makes good sense.
What if I serve Radha as her loving and obedient son and view Krishna as
my Father;-Radha as my Mother. Is that okay scripturally, according to the Vedas?
Hare Krishna

OmSriShivaShakti
21 June 2009, 07:40 PM
What if I serve Radha as her loving and obedient son and view Krishna as
my Father;-Radha as my Mother. Is that okay scripturally, according to the Vedas?
Hare Krishna

Yes, this is fine. Many people like to think of Shiva as a father figure and Parvati, Durga, or Kali as a mother figure. Others like to think of Vishnu as father and Lakshmi as mother and since we believe that Vishnu and Lakshmi were incarnated as Krishna and Radha, it is fine to serve them as a father and mother.

Peshalah
22 June 2009, 12:56 AM
Thanks for your reply OmSriShivaShakti. I am glad that I can think of them that way. I also sometimes chant Shiva's name and like to think of Shiva and Durga. He is the one that I will think of as a Father and Durga as a Mother. But today I have meditated on Radha and Krishna thinking of myself as a maidservant serving both Radha and Krishna and felt such a feeling of transcendental bliss! Even though I am a guy I would love to be a maidservant of Theirs, because I have learned that in actuality we are neither male nor female but simply servants of Lord Krishna. May I be a menial servant of Radha and in this manner please Lord Krishna. There is no higher honor. Even the thought of being Her servant's servant, and during this service of mine being noticed by the Divine couple, brings tears to my eyes and rains torrents of gratitude upon my heart. My mind is unable to grasp any higher aspiration than this.
Hare Krishna

Jivattatva
26 June 2009, 06:11 AM
Jai Sri Radhe

Jai Sri Krishna

I am happy for you Peshalan. What a beautiful way to to fixed our mind onto.

May all of us progress spiritually on the path of grace.

PatrickMB
11 July 2011, 04:26 PM
I dearly love to meditate at the lotus feet of Sri Radha. I do this out of love and devotion to her, and also because I believe that nothing I can do can be more pleasing to Lord Krishna.

Ramakrishna
13 July 2011, 11:14 PM
Namaste all,

Sita Mata and Radha Mata are forms of Lakshmi Mata. They can definitely be worshipped individually, although of course they are most commonly worshipped together with their consorts. But it can definitely be done and is perfectly acceptable. Recently I have been praying to Sita Mata individually as Devi, rather than along with Lord Rama like I usually. Ultimately, Radha and Krishna are one and the same and Sita and Rama are as well.

Jai Sri Ram