PDA

View Full Version : Books

Spiritualseeker
21 June 2009, 05:35 PM
Namaste,

For some reason I felt like telling the forum that I purchased Dancing with Shiva and Lord Shiva and his worship. :)

Spiritualseeker
25 June 2009, 12:17 PM
Dancing with Siva to arrive tomorrow wohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

c.smith
26 June 2009, 06:53 PM
Hari Om!

Dancing with Siva is one of a trilogy of books. Please check out Hinduism Today's website - I'm sure that you will find it very beneficial.

Spiritualseeker
26 June 2009, 08:24 PM
Namaste,

Thank you c.smith. I just recieved Dancing with Siva today and I cannot put it down. Even my wife who doesnt particularly have an interest in Hinduism wants to read it. It is absolutely beautiful!

MananAtma
28 June 2009, 09:53 AM
I have the first 2 books of the trilogy, I liked Dancing With Shiva a lot, it was a great introduction to Shaivism. In Living With Shiva some of the sects more orthordox hard line views are expressed, which I didn't care for. Hinduism is the religion of the universe, therefore it should include everyone, not just those who can follow a certain set of rules in my opinion.

6 months ago I got Loving Ganesa, and I love this book. Ganesa is the God who loves us all no matter what, and this book express's that quite clearly. I also have had dreams of Ganesa(as well as Durga's tiger) so I feel a very strong connection to him and am his devotee.

Shanti,
Roy

Spiritualseeker
02 July 2009, 08:04 PM
Namaste roy,

Loving Ganesha is excellent. I enjoyed reading it and sometimes enjoy doing some of the mantras from that book. I am still waiting for Lord Siva and His Worship. It still has not arrived.

Spiritualseeker
05 July 2009, 06:53 AM
Namaste,

so what is a good book for practical guidance on yogic practices of Shaivite hindus? I saw a book called Shiva Sutras: The Supreme Awakening on amazon. I was wondering if this contained practices.

Spiritualseeker
23 July 2009, 02:28 PM
Bumperooooo

Sherab
23 July 2009, 06:14 PM
Bumperooooo

Maybe ask a priest for that info, you have a shavite temple near you, right?

Just pick one day a week and go, once a week. Show commitment :)