PDA

View Full Version : Sisters and brothers

Ekanta
25 June 2009, 04:03 AM
Hello sisters and brothers, Im Ekanta from Sweden. Im 37 years old, born christian and have been zen-buddhist monk in the Deshimaru tradition and "sanatana dharma" follower in due order. I've been to India two times, visiting Shirdi and Puttaparthi and ended up having an interview with Sathya Sai Baba. Strange... but nowadays it’s hard to say I belong to a specific religion, although "eternal religion" is an appropriate name. Impermanence and suffering made me try out zen-meditation and I was hit by reality. At the side I used to read Upanishads, Bhagavad-Gita, Ramana Maharshi, Ramakrishna and Shirdi Sai Baba and was attracted by it (of course there are also great saints in other religions). Later I stumble upon Sathya Sai Baba and… a lot of things happened. Anyway today my main Sadhana is “Ekanta-bhakti”. Turning back and looking at other traditions I see so much unity and depth it’s amazing. At the same time there are so many traditions and we are not meant to study it all in depth. Practice one whole heartedly and you gain it all since truth and reality is one.

Since practice and theory go hand in hand and I started a homepage as an ongoing project http://sites.google.com/site/ek4nt4/ [site down... updating] The living teaching of Sathya Sai Baba was just too tempting. I felt like making an overview of it. If you have a look at it feel free to comment, I appreciate it. I made it both for myself and others.

To me Sanatana Dharma is no other than “eternal unity in diversity”. It’s actually enough to call it “Dharma”, since Dharma means anything based on atmic-vision. But since there are levels in understanding the name emphasizes it’s the eternal (atmic) dharma and not temporal (human) dharma adapted to time and place (ps. here’s the clue to solving religious and cultural conflicts).

Well, that’s enough about me. See you around.

devotee
25 June 2009, 07:05 AM
Namaste Ekanta,

I visited the link. Good effort !!

Welcome to the forum ! :)

OM

Spiritualseeker
25 June 2009, 01:15 PM
Namaste,

Welcome!

We are all trying to find our paths. Maybe we all have arived and just have not realized.