PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

MananAtma
23 July 2006, 09:33 AM
Namaste,
I'm new to Hinduism, deciding it was the right path for me just 9 months ago. I'm particulary interested in Shaivism and Shaktism, I have a small shrine to Shiva and family in my home, and have a nice set of Lotus seed Mala(I've been doing mantras to Shiva, Durga and Ganesh so far).

For the last 18 years I've considered myself Wiccan and Druid, the beliefs of both religions are identical to Hinduism. My favorite hobby for the last 28 years has been the study of comparative religion, mythology and anthropology.

I'm 41, happily married to a beautiful Wiccan woman for the last 11 years(she supports my change of path completely and even goes to temple with me occasionally). I'm in the Army, and am presently on temporary active duty orders working as a medic.

While I feel I have a handle on the philosophy's of Hinduism, I still have a lot to learn about the traditions and practices, and I welcome any and all help.

Shanti,
Roy

Bhakti Yoga Seeker
23 July 2006, 05:48 PM
Namaskaar. It is good to hear your story and welcome to the world of Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism)! I'm not an expert on Hinduism although I keep trying to learn more and more all the time. Post as many of your questions and experiences as you like and I and others will try to reply to them. I am curious to hear more about Wicca as well. Namaste. :) ~BYS~

Skillganon
25 August 2006, 12:51 PM
Hello Roy.

Welcome to the forum.

Peace!

Skill

c.smith
25 August 2006, 04:43 PM
Hello from another devotee of Shiva! Welcome!

Om Namah Shivaya