PDA

View Full Version : 19 Angels guarding hell

Ekanta
07 July 2009, 08:07 PM
“And what will make you realize what hell is?
It leaves naught nor does it spare aught.
It scorches the mortal.
Over it are nineteen
And We have not made the wardens of the fire others than angels...[Devas]“
(Quran, Sura 74:27-31)

This “19” has been source to a lot of discussion in Islamic interpretation… Now let’s compare to this:

“ (The Self) seated in the waking state and called Vaisvanara who, possessed of the consciousness of the exterior, and seven limbs and nineteen mouths, enjoys the gross objects, is the first quarter.
(The Self) seated in the state of dream and called Taijasa who, possessed of the consciousness of the interior, and seven limbs and nineteen mouths, enjoys the subtle objects, is the second quarter.”
(Mandukya Upanishad 3-4)

Devas in Hinduism are also regarded as the tattvas. In this case: "Nineteen mouths": 5 organs of perception, 5 organs of action, 5 pranas, mind (manas), intellect (buddhi), I-consciousness (ahamkara), mind-stuff (chitta).

Just an observation I made, but what do you think?

atanu
08 July 2009, 02:37 AM
“And what will make you realize what hell is?
It leaves naught nor does it spare aught.
It scorches the mortal.
Over it are nineteen
And We have not made the wardens of the fire others than angels...[Devas]“
(Quran, Sura 74:27-31)

This “19” has been source to a lot of discussion in Islamic interpretation… Now let’s compare to this:

“ (The Self) seated in the waking state and called Vaisvanara who, possessed of the consciousness of the exterior, and seven limbs and nineteen mouths, enjoys the gross objects, is the first quarter.
(The Self) seated in the state of dream and called Taijasa who, possessed of the consciousness of the interior, and seven limbs and nineteen mouths, enjoys the subtle objects, is the second quarter.”
(Mandukya Upanishad 3-4)

Devas in Hinduism are also regarded as the tattvas. In this case: "Nineteen mouths": 5 organs of perception, 5 organs of action, 5 pranas, mind (manas), intellect (buddhi), I-consciousness (ahamkara), mind-stuff (chitta).

Just an observation I made, but what do you think?

I think that this is an excellent observation.

riyaaz
25 October 2009, 01:45 PM
About the 19 angels guarding Hell, many miraculous calculations have been done.

Kumar_Das
27 May 2010, 04:01 PM
Namaste,

Any comparisons drawn between the Hindu scriptures the quran about simillarities will only mean islam having taken from Hinduism because Hinduism is extremely old, by far the oldest. Especially the shruti texts.

So if you tell me that muhammad's quran draws parallels, that only means muhammad copied it.

The Devas in Hinduism are not "angels".

May I know where you get this from?