PDA

View Full Version : Is it better to just do yoga?

Spiritualseeker
09 July 2009, 06:29 PM
namaste,

is it superior to find God through Yoga rather then going to a temple to invoke the deities? Since through Yoga we realize we are not separate from that being?

Spiritualseeker
09 July 2009, 08:35 PM
It seems like Yoga is better in the sense that its not dualistic. Whereas worship a lot of times is seen as dualistic.

Znanna
09 July 2009, 08:48 PM
I am of the opinion that the more time spent in meditation/prayer, the better.

Better than what? Heh, that's up to you :)

Love,
ZN

Spiritualseeker
11 July 2009, 07:51 AM
Namaste,

I am starting to understand it a bit more thanks. Reading a bit of Man's Eternal Quest and also Dancing with Siva. I still may soon purchase Nataraja statue and do puja for Lord Ganesha and Lord Siva daily before meditation.

smedleyamy
07 September 2009, 12:15 AM
Hi Spiritualseeker,

Yes, You are true with your stand that it is better to do yoga. To add a strong point in a opinion that yoga is much better than worship. I want to say some thing new in this case.During time of worship to the Almighty god, we all pray that there will be happiness and peace in our life. We pray to our god for our remedies and for cure of ill health. I want to pressurize the word "ill" that ill health is not in hand of almighty power but it is in hand of ourselves. It can be cure by regular exercise and Yoga which cures the internal ability to new heights. So better to do yoga instead of worshipping the god full time for remedies.I am not opposite of god but to cure yourself ,don't take help of god ,help to your own. Do regular yoga to maintain your health and live happily. I hope this reason give information to others.

Thanks

bhargavsai
07 September 2009, 02:49 AM
It seems like Yoga is better in the sense that its not dualistic. Whereas worship a lot of times is seen as dualistic.

Brother, Worship is part of Bhakti Yoga. I know you are referring to Raja Yoga here, but no form of Yoga is inferior to others. All paths are equal, it depends on what path suits you the best.

I think you are more inclined towards Raja Yoga, is it? Then you can gladly do Raja Yoga, but try to have some Bhakti, because through Bhakti one can obtain God's grace.

I am not much knowledgeable in this, but I have given my opinion. :D