PDA

View Full Version : speaking to God

Spiritualseeker
11 July 2009, 10:29 AM
Namaste,

So reading Man's Eternal Quest by Yogananda has encouraged me to try to feel the presence of God and speak to him. I was just wondering, when I am in my daily activities can I bring Lord Siva to mind and just speak to him? Like simple speaking like i would speak with you? I am not expecting words to be said back to me but perhaps I could have small discussions such as asking God to be with me and to help me realize I am not separate. Is this fine? Or in order to speak to God i have to do some ritual?

Ekanta
11 July 2009, 02:04 PM
Im pretty sure you already spoken with God multiple times. Conscience is the resound deep in mind form God. It tells you what to do to do get closer to God.

dhruva023
11 July 2009, 11:28 PM
I think its complately fine. I do it all the time, and I also get response back in some other form.

devotee
11 July 2009, 11:32 PM
So reading Man's Eternal Quest by Yogananda has encouraged me to try to feel the presence of God and speak to him. I was just wondering, when I am in my daily activities can I bring Lord Siva to mind and just speak to him? Like simple speaking like i would speak with you? I am not expecting words to be said back to me but perhaps I could have small discussions such as asking God to be with me and to help me realize I am not separate. Is this fine? Or in order to speak to God i have to do some ritual?

Yes, you can communicate with God. However, you have to be very patient. God is like a very shy child. And the most important thing to remember, as I have seen in my practice, is to let go off everything when you feel the presence of God. Actually, God is always with us but our own worldly thoughts hide Him. You must leave aside all your worries, any plannings for the future any memory flashback from the past etc. ---- "I, your Lord, am a jealous God !". God is reallly jealous. As long as you are with anything else, He won't be with you.

OM

Spiritualseeker
12 July 2009, 07:00 AM
Namaste,

Im pretty sure you already spoken with God multiple times. Conscience is the resound deep in mind form God. It tells you what to do to do get closer to God.

I think you are right my friend. It is like how the muslims would say we have fitrah (the natural disposition to worship God). It is atman. We are not separate from Siva therefore we cannot but seek to be with him.

I think its complately fine. I do it all the time, and I also get response back in some other form.

I think its important for me to do it so i can form a good relationship with Siva. Because I doubt his existence and through meditation and prayers I want to bring him into my life (well if he exist he has never left he has always been with me through and through).

Yes, you can communicate with God. However, you have to be very patient. God is like a very shy child. And the most important thing to remember, as I have seen in my practice, is to let go off everything when you feel the presence of God. Actually, God is always with us but our own worldly thoughts hide Him. You must leave aside all your worries, any plannings for the future any memory flashback from the past etc. ---- "I, your Lord, am a jealous God !". God is reallly jealous. As long as you are with anything else, He won't be with you.

OM

Thanks, yes I was reading from Yogananda that we must be patient and yet persistant and believing in our prayers. Also, im sure it is okay and recommended to supplicate Lord Ganesha before worship of Siva but is that only for puja? Because am I suppose to go through the day and each time i want to speak to god i have to first bring Lord Ganesha to mind?

Dont get me wrong I love Lord Ganesha and I seem to speak to him a lot too and visualize him and do his mantras, but I am wondering if i could just directly speak to Siva throughout the day outside of puja etc.?

OM NAMAH SIVAYA
-juan

Spiritualseeker
12 July 2009, 07:18 AM
By the way I was reading Loving Ganesha and it states "This great God is both the beginning of the Hindu Religion and the meeting ground for all its devotees. And that is only proper, inasmuch as Ganesa is the personification of the material universe. The universe in all of its varied and various magnificent manifestations is nothing but the body of this cheerfully portly God"

so, if I understand correct Lord Ganesha is the universe? He is the atoms and the smallest particles and he is also everything within us and outside of us similar to how GOD Siva is flowing through the universe etc... Is there any difference? I suppose there is not a difference since we are all connected. Quantum physics has as proved that. So Lord Ganesha and Lord Siva and any other of the celestial beauties are within and outside and all around us? Each of these deities are our breath? Our life source and the cells and molecules that make up this reletive universe?

Spiritualseeker
12 July 2009, 07:26 AM
In addition I want to understand this text below from the same book

"But the seeker loses one thing. He loses his free, instinctive willfulness. It is lost forever. Yet it is not a great loss. Man's own personal willfulness his animalistic free will, is a feeble and insignificant force when compared to Lord Ganesa's divine will. When beholden to God Ganesa and inwardly awakened enough to be attuned to His will, it is then quite natural that the instinctive will bows down. Personal likes and dislikes vanish. Limited faculties of reason and anlysis are overpowered and subdued by a greater will, a cosmic will, the will of dharma. When sufficient humility has been awakened, it is easy to surrender personal, instinctive willfulness to the greater subsuperconscious will of dharma. It happens most naturally, but very slowly, because Lord Ganesa, of all the many Gods, proceeds with methodic deliveration. He is the careful, loving guide on the inner path of all seekers."

"Among all the wonderful Hindu Deities, Lord Ganesa is the closest to the material plane of consciousness, most easily contacted and mobe able to assist us in our day-to-day life and concerns.In His hands Ganesa wields a noose and a goad. With the noose He can hold you close or hold obstacles close. Ganesa can capture and confine both blessing and obstacles. With the goad, Ganesa can strike and repel obstacles. This Lord is called the Remover of Obstacles; but He also places obstacles in our way, for sometimes his devotees are proceeding int he wrong direction, and His obstacles block their progress and guide them slowly back onto the straight path of dharma."

So this wonderful Deity is the Guardian of Dharma and through the worship of Lord Ganesha we can submit our lowly based will to the will of the dharma or will of the Divine Consciousness? And since Lord Ganesha is easily contacted we can supplicate and visualize him (in the book he has visualization exercise when asking the Deity something) and after sometime of steadfastness one will be able to submit the animalistic will to the will of SIva?

Ekanta
12 July 2009, 09:40 AM
Ok I give an explanation as well as I can:

Prajnanam Brahma "Consciousness is Brahman". Ganesha represents Buddhi, the resound of prajna as conscience. He has right judgement, i.e. truth and leads you on the right path. Think of it this way: You are God, and its God who is the actor. God acts through the life force Prana. Prana is divivded and is everywhere doing the action, but prana is one. Prajnanam Brahma. We think we are the actor due to ego. If we adapt to conscience we begin to identify with Prajnanam brahma, the life-force which is the real actor and which also whispers to you deep in mind as conscience. If we adapt to this resound we bit by bit have to abandon ego/ desires and thus illusion is give up and darkness/impurity disapperas and light dawns, prajna. Prajnanam Brahma, "Consciousness is Brahman".
Consciousness (Atma) - Conscience (buddhi) - Subconscious (chitta) - Conscious (manas/mind).... etc.
As seen, Conscience (buddhi/Ganesha) is the best friend of man. Ganesha represents Rita "right", Brihat "the great". He's also called Ganapati, lord of Ganas (other gods/ i.e. mind/senses/body).

Spiritualseeker
12 July 2009, 08:50 PM
Namaste,

Thank you very much Ekanta for that explanation. It helped a lot. I am starting to devote myself to Lord Siva and Lord Ganesha. I am currently rereading Loving Ganesha which is helping me understand this Power Gentle Deity. Sometimes I imagine or feel Ganesha within me and around me as the essence of all that is. Sometimes i invoke him as im driving or picture him in my mind at work for a moment and ask for guidance.

May Lord ganesha bless is with the perfection of Dharma

OM NAMAH SIVAYA
-juan