PDA

View Full Version : hi

surtibadshah
30 July 2009, 01:36 AM
hi everyone,
i am Dr.panwala from surat, india currently in toronto.
hope to know more about our religion through this forum.

thanks a lot for allowing me to be a member.

Star
30 July 2009, 04:36 AM
Namaste,

Welcome around, I'm sure you'll find this place as great as I did for learning about Sanatana Dharma. :)

Eastern Mind
30 July 2009, 05:46 AM
Welcome to HDF and to Canada. Toronto has one of the largest Hindu populations in the west. (300,000 or so) For that, you're lucky. Have you gone to any temples there yet?

Aum Namasivaya

Spiritualseeker
30 July 2009, 06:06 AM
Namaste,

Welcome, Glad to have you. There is a diverse hindu community here, from Indians to hispanic and other western hindus.

Om Namah Sivaya
-juan

Sherab
30 July 2009, 09:18 AM
hi everyone,
i am Dr.panwala from surat, india currently in toronto.
hope to know more about our religion through this forum.

thanks a lot for allowing me to be a member.

Welcome to the forum.

Namaste

sunyata07
30 July 2009, 02:29 PM
Namaste and welcome.

I hope you will enjoy it here on the forum.

surtibadshah
30 July 2009, 04:35 PM
namaste all,

eastern mind, i have been to local temple near my house and yes there is a huge indian community over here, which i dint expected( i dint know that).

yes sunyata i will enjoy over here.

dhanyawaad

Eastern Mind
30 July 2009, 06:06 PM
Namaste: Which temple did you go to? About 20 tears back I wrote an article for Hinduism Today about the temples of Toronto. That was just at the beginning of the Sri Lankan exodus. I went to about 8 or 9. Now I hear there are about 30 or more. So I am just curious is all.

Aum Namasivaya

surtibadshah
30 July 2009, 06:28 PM
oh ya there are many, i dont know exactly how many?
i havent been to many temple. just once i went to swaminaryan temple and ya i did mention local temple ie near scarborough town centre. to be precise i stay in scarborough currently. i have stayed in northyork and markham too.

i am too busy materially with my studies and responsibility haha like my dharma but i lack bhakti.

where are you in canada?

Eastern Mind
30 July 2009, 06:50 PM
I'm in Edmonton. I guess the Swaminarayan temple is something else. Haven't seen it ... yet. I went to the Richmond Hill Ganesh Mandir, the Vishnu Mandir, the Fern Avenue temple, one on Jane, ISCKON, and a couple more. Can't remember. I'm an old man.

Aum Namasivaya

surtibadshah
30 July 2009, 07:45 PM
swaminarayan is one sect of hinduism. you have been to lots of temple i hope to visit the one you mention.

aum namah shivaya